If You Thought The Blue G Spyder Looked Bad....

TheLimey

That baby Blue colour is synonymous with Porsche racing for long time, while not the most flashy colour, it apeard on most top of the line porsches like the 2.7RS and the 964.

That baby Blue colour is synonymous with Porsche racing for long time, while not the most flashy colour, it apeard on most top of the line porsches like the 2.7RS and the 964.

See !!!

Joe know's his stuff !!!!

See !!!

Joe know's his stuff !!!!

am i right saying this is the blue in the GULF livrea cars?

Joe wasnt it usually mixed with red/orange? emilio if i am thinking correctly, then yes thats the gulf coloration. Ford recently brought it back too on the GT.

Talking about baby-blue... Ridiculous front on this skyline, looks like stairs or something :lol:

The rest of the car looks like crap to. Plastic fantastic :mrgreen:

Talking about baby-blue... Ridiculous front on this skyline, looks like stairs or something :lol:  

The rest of the car looks like crap to. Plastic fantastic :mrgreen:

HOW CAN ANYONE DO THIS TO AN AMAZING CAR!!!!!??????!!!!!!!!

just curious, where did you get that picture of the baby blue carrera gt?  it's located in south dakota.

A for sale ad.

Did someone buy it and it now resides in S.D. or it's for sale in S.D.?

-James Miller

The gentleman who owns it bought it brand new from a Porsche dealership. He argued with Porsche for a year or two about the color. As far as i know, he still owns it. If it's for sale, it is for sale in S.D.

He argued with Porsche for a year or two about the color.

Why did he argue with them about the color? If he didn't like it, he should have gone somewhere else and bought a different color.

-James Miller

I'm not sure of the entire story, but he made it sound as if Porsche was the one that had a problem with producing the car in that color.

I'm not sure of the entire story, but he made it sound as if Porsche was the one that had a problem with producing the car in that color.

Even Porsche didn't like the color. :lol:

BTW, I think the Gulf paintjobs on racecars are some of the most beautiful. JMO. :finga:

• 3 weeks later...

The Carrera GT would be much better if it had the same color scheme as the 917 (hope thats right)- i dont think there is a color that would make one of those look stupid.

Is that a photochop of the GT? In the launch booklet - I do not see that color as a factory option... And why would someone paint it that color... :(

Well if you're going to pay $400,000 for a car, you might as well get it in the color you want. In this case, that was his choice.

• 2 weeks later...

I actually think the blue carrera GT looks kind of nice. Definitely wouldn't get it over the more standard black/silver/yellow/red colours, but I mean maybe if you have a large car collection you would get it if you wanted your cars to be a variety of colours

• 2 weeks later...