You are welcome....

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

congrats! looks VERY nice!!!

is it going in the QV ? ;)

ACTUALLY :blush:

I have ANOTHER one coming tomorrow that Im planning on EVENTUALLY putting in the QV.... I plan on using this one for parts.

Its very strange.... The QV has a four channel Amplifier in it... Behind the passenger seat.... with RCAs going into it.... But when I pull the head unit, it has speaker level lines going out.... So at SOME POINT they have to "Switch" in the birds nest of wires behind the dash.... but Im not sure how and Im not sure where....

So I think, rather than hunt it down, I may just pull the seat, run two more sets of RCAs and a remote on from the amp to the HU, a fresh power line from the battery to the HU, a new ground, and maybe piggy back splice the Power Antenna wire line and ignition line and make it so the two Head Units can be swapped in and out easily....

IMG_0419.JPG

IMG_0420.JPG

ACTUALLY :blush:

I have ANOTHER one coming tomorrow that Im planning on EVENTUALLY putting in the QV.... I plan on using this one for parts.

Its very strange.... The QV has a four channel Amplifier in it... Behind the passenger seat.... with RCAs going into it.... But when I pull the head unit, it has speaker level lines going out.... So at SOME POINT they have to "Switch" in the birds nest of wires behind the dash.... but Im not sure how and Im not sure where....

So I think, rather than hunt it down, I may just pull the seat, run two more sets of RCAs and a remote on from the amp to the HU, a fresh power line from the battery to the HU, a new ground, and maybe piggy back splice the Power Antenna wire line and ignition line and make it so the two Head Units can be swapped in and out easily....

Glad you were able to find a 7909!! :-)

The thing I can't understand on the QV's, is all the locations where speakers could go, but there are none installed. When you look in the QV parts manual, they only show (2) speakers for the entire car (Alpine 6240), and those are the ones in the fiberglass panel next to the seats.

I'm just curious if anyone knows if the cars came out of the factory with more than 2 speakers? My car has the original Alpine 7273, and I only see enough wires behind the dash for those 2 speakers.

Speakers.JPG

Glad you were able to find a 7909!! :-)

The thing I can't understand on the QV's, is all the locations where speakers could go, but there are none installed. When you look in the QV parts manual, they only show (2) speakers for the entire car (Alpine 6240), and those are the ones in the fiberglass panel next to the seats.

I'm just curious if anyone knows if the cars came out of the factory with more than 2 speakers? My car has the original Alpine 7273, and I only see enough wires behind the dash for those 2 speakers.

I cant tell you about what came from the factory.... but the previous owner on my car upgraded the stereo system (An Amp, CD Changer, New HU) and ALL of those speaker locations have sound coming from them.

• 2 weeks later...

Aw shit.... Guess what daddy got....

Spent the day installing the Alpine 7909.... AMAZINGLY, it went fairly well (accept for some fricking and fracking when I had to fix the jerry rigged antenna cable the previous installer half assed....)

Spent the day installing the Alpine 7909.... AMAZINGLY, it went fairly well (accept for some fricking and fracking when I had to fix the jerry rigged antenna cable the previous installer half assed....)

COOL! great job

i see your car has full euro front: looks great :icon_thumleft:

is full euro also on the back?

OMG! Love the Disco Ball!!!!!! Glad you got it all hooked up!!!!

Hahahaha, great!

COOL! great job

i see your car has full euro front: looks great :icon_thumleft:

is full euro also on the back?

No... The back has the two middle toasters (which I like actually.... Keep me out of trouble) and the plastic shroud, which has grown on me...

No... The back has the two middle toasters (which I like actually.... Keep me out of trouble) and the plastic shroud, which has grown on me...

every time i see your garage i start thinking about an E30 M3... :icon_super:

The car and radio look amazing!!! I just dug out my 7909 as well. Oh yeah the disco ball rocks :icon_super:

The car and radio look amazing!!! I just dug out my 7909 as well. Oh yeah the disco ball rocks :icon_super:

If you decide to part with it, let me know.....

Music that gay was never meant to be played anywhere near ANY LAMBORGHINI DAMN IT!

:thefinger:

If anyone is looking to bring their '86, '87, '88 Countach back to OEM, I just saw this on eBay. Guy is selling (3) pieces, one of which is the stock Alpine 7273 unit... Looks like his reserve is only $76.00 for the entire set... not too bad:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/RADIO-ALPIN...5fAudioQ5fVideo

I guess you could sell the other (2) pieces or toss them.

If anyone is looking to bring their '86, '87, '88 Countach back to OEM, I just saw this on eBay. Guy is selling (3) pieces, one of which is the stock Alpine 7273 unit... Looks like his reserve is only $76.00 for the entire set... not too bad:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/RADIO-ALPIN...5fAudioQ5fVideo

I guess you could sell the other (2) pieces or toss them.

Ive seen that..... It looks to be in REALLY ROUGH SHAPE. Like it was stored outside.... In a barrel.... under a downspout.

smiths rule!

lambos are gay.... never won a single race ever of any significance and just for strictly for poser

btw whats your laptime in your lambo at any track in america? most likely you never brought your car to one except just watch.i bet it spend more time a cars and coffee

:icon_mrgreen:lol

anyhow still love the vintage CT's

Wow.... Thanks for the completely baffling and inarticulate non-sequitur.... Come back in a month after your obvious head injury heals....

You may want to give this a click before your next foray into throwing monkey shit on the internet....

In the meantime... Please remember to wear your helmet....

Tricycle_adult_race_helmet.jpg

OK.... When I play this on youtube, a little box pops up that says the name of the song "There is a light that never goes out by the Smiths" And offers to sell me the MP3....

How the hell does Youtube do that? I didnt put the name of the song in anywhere in the video... Does somebody come along and LOOK at every youtube video, figure that shit out and put the info in?

OK.... When I play this on youtube, a little box pops up that says the name of the song "There is a light that never goes out by the Smiths" And offers to sell me the MP3....

How the hell does Youtube do that? I didnt put the name of the song in anywhere in the video... Does somebody come along and LOOK at every youtube video, figure that shit out and put the info in?

They must have some type of program that recognizes music and tries to then sell it to you. I have a app on my iPhone called "Shazam" that does just that. You hold the phone up as it listens to the song and id's it. Then you have the option to buy it from iTunes. Pretty cool.