Things that make you LOL!

RyanRo24

I especially like that I can see the ground through the exhaust!

True, but the lambo badge looks legit. :D

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hug your children, or othervise:

What I don't understand is that these people go on national tv to tell the world.

Well that's one way to make sure you stay a virgin for life!! He probably misunderstood when his dad told him to "do it with a rubber"!!! :)

:lol2:

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.geek.com/tech/a-commodore-64-ha...-years-1672510/

Apple’s Phil Schiller thinks it’s sad that people use 5-year-old computers. Well, Phil, there’s an auto repair shop in Poland that’s going to send you spiraling into a long depression.

Why? Because one of the computers they’re using on a day-to-day basis is a Commodore 64, and I don’t mean one of the slick nostalgic remakes. I’m talking about a classically beautiful beige C64 and its whirring, clunking 5.25″ floppy disk drive.

It’s been there for more than 25 years. See, not everyone finds the idea of using an old computer sad. Some, like the mechanics at this shop in Gdansk, treat their hardware like a trusted member of their team. Clearly this Commodore 64 has been pulling its weight for the past 25 years, or the shop would’ve found a different system to help them balance driveshafts.

As the old saying goes, if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it — and this C64 seems determined to not break. According to the woman who originally posted this photo to a retro computing group, the computer has shrugged off plenty of abuse over the years. It’s been soaked by rain coming in a nearby open window and “most likely shat on by birds.”

This Commodore has earned a spot alongside other long-serving workhorses… Workhorses like its distant Amiga cousin across the pond. For more than three decades, it’s been running the air conditioning systems for the Grand Rapids Public School District. Just for comparison’s sake, Phil, that’d be like them still using an original Mac. Take that, planned obsolescence!