TURBOALEX's LP640 w/ MS Stage II *New shoes on post 80*

skinny

Hahahaha sorry to add but your talking rubbish my friend. The stock LP640 WILL NOT beat the stock SLR, no way.

it already did in some tests

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only thing I would change after that exhaust is the rims; dymags or at least OZ SLs, that should save weight nicely along with the CC brakes.

One important thing to consider here is that as this Lp640 looses 90+ pound from the outmost rear, it will get its weight slightly more biased towards its center, making it more nimble (at least in teory) and able to change directions faster. That, and the fact that all weight thrown away puts less strain on the transmission makes it more long-lived. THERE you have some important factors..

The only thing I would change after that exhaust is the rims; dymags or at least OZ SLs, that should save weight nicely along with the CC brakes.

How much weight can one save from the Dymag rims?

How much weight can one save from the Dymag rims?

I guestimate would be 40-60lbs total. Which would bring the grand total to 151lbs off the car with both mods.

I guestimate would be 40-60lbs total. Which would bring the grand total to 151lbs off the car with both mods.

then make it RWD for another 150-200 (depending on who you ask :lol2:)

then make it RWD for another 150-200 (depending on who you ask :lol2:)

Then you can pull the seats out and drive on the floor for another 80lbs!

VERY NICE!! The exhaust sounds fantastic. You shed a lot of weight, and gain some serious power. For the money, this is the best mod available. To all LP640 owners: DO IT!! :icon_thumleft:

Windshield and doors, who needs those? :icon_mrgreen:

But here is what you can save without serious loss in driveability

Exhaust-91 lbs

RWD-conservatively 130 lbs

Dymags-Conservatively- 40 lbs.

261 lbs off the total weight. That would be equivalent to having a really fat passenger at full power vs. driving solo at full power.

Windshield and doors, who needs those? :icon_mrgreen:

But here is what you can save without serious loss in driveability

Exhaust-91 lbs

RWD-conservatively 130 lbs

Dymags-Conservatively- 40 lbs.

261 lbs off the total weight. That would be equivalent to having a really fat passenger at full power vs. driving solo at full power.

Yes but being realistic, no one in their right mind is going to take a new Lp and remove the allwheel drive. I wouldnt. Also, lets remember, you save the 91 lbs in exhaust weight when you also remove the cats.

If the seats weigh anything like the ones in my G one might save close to 80lbs by swapping them out....they are heavy, (im guessing 50 to 60lbs each) and manual, the power seats would weigh more.. I guess the weight is do to the airbag being incorporated they have to be strong...

Yes but being realistic, no one in their right mind is going to take a new Lp and remove the allwheel drive. I wouldnt. Also, lets remember, you save the 91 lbs in exhaust weight when you also remove the cats.

Agreed, but I can see this happening in the future when the enthusiasts get ahold of one at a discounted price. It is becoming more common these days. There are only a handful that have done it, but I would presume if someone is adament about having the fastest LP in the US, they would consider it. If it was done, it would have maybe 540-550rwhp and one fast SOB.

261 lbs off the total weight. That would be equivalent to having a really fat passenger

Are you calling me really fat??? :eusa_think:

Are you calling me really fat??? :eusa_think:

If you aren't 8 foot 6 inches tall, and are at the normal level around 6 feet at 261 pounds is heavy unless you are REALLY muscular like me. :icon_mrgreen:

:shock:

...was cool seeing the SP gang today! :icon_pidu:

It was nice to finally meet you Elliot. Your always welcome here!

An old fashion stool should do the trick:)