Attention guys with Dymag Carbon wheels

javigtr

I just got my new Dymags installed today, initial impressions are very good. The carbon fiber weave is perfect and the wheels are beautifully balanced. I will update after I get a few hundred miles on them. Thanks to Jason Heffner for helping out with the warranty issues. :icon_thumleft:

:zthread needs pics:

I think we'd all love to see pics of them, but I really wanted to use that emoticon once. :icon_mrgreen:

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is the problem with cast magnesium. The only way to process magnesium is through forging. By eliminating and decreasing porosity, moisture and other elements are less likely to corrode the metal, weakening the structure. The bravos on the 400s had brittleness and cracked as a result. Dymag should have used forged magnesium. But perhaps it's a cos concern?

Bernard, did you get a new design? If so, please post pics :icon_thumleft:

Same design, but the carbon fiber weave is much better. The major improvement is they changed the centers to a magnesium/aluminum alloy.

Wiggs, congrats, can't wait to see what yours turn out like. :icon_thumleft:

DSC01776__Large_.JPG

Same design, but the carbon fiber weave is much better. The major improvement is they changed the centers to a magnesium/aluminum alloy.

Nice! Your brake setup looks awesome to :icon_thumleft:

Agreed, gives the car a serious race car look. I still cant get over the fear of an aftermarket wheel breaking, I am gonna have to stick with the stocks. I had wheels on my car for a while but I took them off.

Thanks! You and me both.

• 3 weeks later...
D. Wiggs, are you getting the new center style then? I've seen them and they look really cool!

You mean the new 5-spoke design? If so, then yes. I will have them in June.

D. Wiggs, are you getting the new center style then? I've seen them and they look really cool!

Do you have any pictures of them?

Do you have any pictures of them?

Yes, but I don't know if I am allowed to post them since what I have are prototype drawings. I bought them before they were even made.

Yes, but I don't know if I am allowed to post them since what I have are prototype drawings. I bought them before they were even made.

Same here, Dymag told me not to distribute photos until they are have been properly released. Should be able to do so very soon as i was told the first new 5 spoke centers are coming in this week.

What size are you going with?

Same here, Dymag told me not to distribute photos until they are have been properly released. Should be able to do so very soon as i was told the first new 5 spoke centers are coming in this week.

Sweet, can't wait to see them :)

And they are now forged not cast.

19 x 9 and 19 x 12

with a 255/30 and 355/25

19 x 9 and 19 x 12

with a 255/30 and 355/25

I was going to put on a set for a client using stock sizes 18x8.5 18x13, the car doesnt have Ceramics and i dont know if the 18" dymag will clear the 380mm CCM brakes or not, we are having a hard time locating a Scuderia to measure also for a 19" setup, those 398mm brakes are ridiculous!

I cant wait to see what your car looks like with the new wheels!

I was going to put on a set for a client using stock sizes 18x8.5 18x13, the car doesnt have Ceramics and i dont know if the 18" dymag will clear the 380mm CCM brakes or not, we are having a hard time locating a Scuderia to measure also for a 19" setup, those 398mm brakes are ridiculous!

I cant wait to see what your car looks like with the new wheels!

You and me both! To clear 398s, you should have 20" wheels. You are supposed to have 1" clearance on each side of the rotor.

You and me both! To clear 398s, you should have 20" wheels. You are supposed to have 1" clearance on each side of the rotor.

Do you have a scud as well? Interesting to see how HRE will tackle this, they claim to have a fitment for the scuderia using the new carbon barrels from dymag, if they can put a 19" front wheel on ill be happy but not sure if its possible.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
I just got my new Dymags installed today, initial impressions are very good. The carbon fiber weave is perfect and the wheels are beautifully balanced. I will update after I get a few hundred miles on them. Thanks to Jason Heffner for helping out with the warranty issues. :icon_thumleft:

Ok, I have put around a thousand miles on these wheels, including over a hundred on the track, and at speeds up to 170mph. In a word they are perfect; equal/better than factory wheels in ever category, from normal cruising to tearing it up on the track. I have had Callistos and SL wheels on the car and the Dymags feel just as solid, but with one big difference, actually 70 pounds difference..... of less unsprung weight. As I mentioned earlier, the wheels balanced out very well, which was not the case for my first set of Dymags. :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft:

Ok, I have put around a thousand miles on these wheels, including over a hundred on the track, and at speeds up to 170mph. In a word they are perfect; equal/better than factory wheels in ever category, from normal cruising to tearing it up on the track. I have had Callistos and SL wheels on the car and the Dymags feel just as solid, but with one big difference, actually 70 pounds difference..... of less unsprung weight. As I mentioned earlier, the wheels balanced out very well, which was not the case for my first set of Dymags. :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft:

So you can CLEARLY feel the weight difference? I've always wondered why more people dont make that the first mod when talking about dropping weight. Plus they look damn good. Pics please.