Things that make you say DAMN!

88 1/2 QV

• Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know its been posted a few places, but it needs to be here too.

Military. CBRN zones. Lots of places something like that could be useful.

Another decade or so, and they'll have something like this fully bipedal running with a rifle and shooting and reloading and all of that.

I know its been posted a few places, but it needs to be here too.

So if the Huracan is faster and bested the Aventador by seven seconds on this, why is the Aventador the more costly Lambo...? Also how does the Veyron compare on this track?

So if the Huracan is faster and bested the Aventador by seven seconds on this, why is the Aventador the more costly Lambo...? Also how does the Veyron compare on this track?

Because they don't price them according to speed.

You notice how the Lambo goes through a quarter of the tank of fuel in that video

Before even getting into the issues of the brakes overheating, the Veyron would run out of full before finishing the lap

When I did Veyron WRE test drive event I went through 60 litres of full in 12 minutes - and that wasnt pushing it

So if the Huracan is faster and bested the Aventador by seven seconds on this, why is the Aventador the more costly Lambo...?

The same reason a mechanical and less accurate Patek Philippe costs more than a digital and more accurate Timex.

The same reason a mechanical and less accurate Patek Philippe costs more than a digital and more accurate Timex.

I get that, but that is a comparison between a luxury brand selling on prestige and craftsmanship versus an average person's brand. With the Lambos, it would be like two mechanical Patek Philippes with one more accurate than the other yet the less accurate one costing more.

Because they don't price them according to speed.

What makes the Aventador the more prestigious car though? More hand craftsmanship or something?

I get that, but that is a comparison between a luxury brand selling on prestige and craftsmanship versus an average person's brand. With the Lambos, it would be like two mechanical Patek Philippes with one more accurate than the other yet the less accurate one costing more.

Fine. Then it's the same reason an old Patek Philippe Calatrava Officer would cost more than a Patek Philippe 5035.

What makes the Aventador the more prestigious car though? More hand craftsmanship or something?

It represents Lamborghini ethos and heritage in fuller sense.

It has full fat V12 engine, lambo doors, and it is bigger car in every sense and it is rarer in production numbers. So those are some reasons why. Number of handmade parts is propably bigger too. Bigger engine means bigger tax on emissions etc...

We have been used to that smaller cars are usually more nimble on track than bigger cars, but with nowadays huge power numbers they can be just as fast on straights too.

Aventador is built on an in house carbon tub, using a Lambroghini specific engine and gearbox. The Huracan is a reskinned R8 on a conventional chassis. Huracan is still an awesome car but utilizies more mass produced parts . Its like a Patek and Tag.... The Patek has an inhouse movement made from scratch the Tag has an ETA movement reworked... I love that Huracan in the vid but would still not think twice between that or an LP670 or Avent SV despite the big bull being slower

They sell them by weight.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
This happened to me today at my cottage:

You spent over 19 mins of your life recording a moose eating leaves? How boring is Finland and is this something that really "makes you say damn?"

In all seriousness, nature stuff is awesome.