Shadowman and Discovery Automotive...

TURBOALEX

• Replies 774
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Peak, you are a true gentleman! I can't believe the level of patience and composure you are displaying. Hats off to you. Just remember - Karma is a BITCH!!

You guys are misreading the thread.. the car belongs to Peak Completions, not Turboalex....

Never trust your car or money to a guy that looks like this.....

Shit, I thought he had red hair and freckles?

Peak, you are a true gentleman! I can't believe the level of patience and composure you are displaying. Hats off to you. Just remember - Karma is a BITCH!!

:iamwithstupid:

I think most of us on this forum would have a lawyer working on getting us the keys to a yellow LP670SV owned by an out of business GT tuner.

I remember Shadowman verrrryyyy well......this does not surprise me! He's very methodical in his bullshit!!

All the while gleaning all his customers from forums that he wont sponsor. Ray is taking it so well because he's a gentleman and it doesn't hurt that he's very wealthy. Pull this shit with someone less affluent that had to make terrific sacrifices to get their car and then tell me how this story would turn out.

I think most of us on this forum would have a lawyer working on getting us the keys to a yellow LP670SV owned by an out of business GT tuner.

:iamwithstupid:

Only a matter of time that he fucked with the wrong people. I'm willing to bet there are more stories about him that just haven't come to life yet.

Methodically takes no care.

Shadowman

:icon_mrgreen:

Peak is certainly better than me...once I saw this douchebag was gonna try and fcuk me.. Id of nailed his hippy ass to the fcuking wall..

Peak is certainly better than me...once I saw this douchebag was gonna try and fcuk me.. Id of nailed his hippy ass to the fcuking wall..

same here,when i went with Peak to look at the car,MAN..... he was so CALM.... he sure dealt with it better than i would have.......

thanks

alex

same here,when i went with Peak to look at the car,MAN..... he was so CALM.... he sure dealt with it better than i would have.......

thanks

alex

You must have used spell check on that reply... :lol2:

You sir are a gentleman. I don't think, rather, I know I never would have handled this the way you did. I would have gone ballistic! I hope that it all works out for you. With your outlook, I'm sure it will. Good luck!

Is that guy dumb or just stupid... Working on and driving 6-figure cars with no insurance? I would think that's something anyone who has 2 brain cells to rub together would have in place before the doors opened, but I guess not.

Ray you definitely handled that a lot better than I would have. That idiot's lucky it was you, if he stays in "business" sooner or later he's going to fcuk the wrong guy over and he'll end up looking as bad as that FGT... Oh, wait, I saw the pic of him Allan put up, he already does.

peak is a smart successful guy. I'm sure his lawyers are already putting together something regarding culpability.

He owns a 2010 LP670-4SV in Pearl Yellow that he bought up here in Seattle..it was equiped with a Small wing form the factory and he had it swapped out to a big wing when he sent it back up here for the 1500 mile service this last summer. Funny thing is, I recall the techs telling me he insisted they do not drive is car, just perform the service and swap the wing.

so he does not have money and owns an SV....... and guess what? he had still enough to buy the big original CF wing for it ? :eusa_wall:

i took a look at his site, he likes to present himself like a secret space shuttle tech., he talks about twin supercharging murcielagos ....but he looks to have just put a plates on one and a clear wrap on an other

:icon_mrgreen: from what i read and from his own site, the guy looks like a professional heavy weight b.s.er ....i hope he will get to pay for the entire cost of the car and more in the end

if he has no cash, i am sure selling the SV will give him the opportunity to pay for it! :lol2:

BTW: mr. Shadowmand has been LUCKY to have found a good, smart dude like Peak

i probably would have dealt with such an ugly situation in a similar way

but, we all know...there are some exotic owners that are not this kind of "gentleman"

guys that you would hate to have to mess with and would have dealt with this situation.... differently (and in the wrong way)

let's say the "shadowman" would have met already some other "shadow friends" .... :shock:

Makes me boil up reading this thread...

I can't take the fact that Bill manipulated the whole situation right from the start. By dragging the time, he was able to ponder, delay, resource and ultimately strategize his way to not just bypassing from the whole accident but also to profit from it. And the fact that he did this to Peak, who I get from the positives impressions of fellow L/P-ers here, is a great guy.

So based on the read here, To Peak :

"Fella' he took advantage of ya!" and Bill got into your softer side by all the soapy BS about making ends meet, running outta business yada yada.....

He's only eased up due to the fact that the everying has been found out and not because he's sincere or about doing the right thing! Bill has been crafty and guile throughout and will probably do so to others down the road ...

I'm sure Bill is snopping ard here to keep himself on top of things and possibly even strenghten his story/suits so I'll be cautious posting about any ongoing proceedings etc....

Hope everything ends well!

I met Bill for the first time the day we took the photo of the three SVs together. We've exchanged numerous emails about our SVs, and Lamborghini but that's about it. It's been a while since our last exchange. My stomach sank as I read this thread. I would have turned this over to my attorney immediately, saved all text messages, etc., and leave it to the lawyers. I also would have done the same thing, written a purely factual post as anything else would weaken the argument. The bottom line- if anyone is servicing my car, they are responsible for damage they cause. I'm sorry to read something like this as I never want to hear that someone I know, even a little, isn't doing the right thing. It is the second accident I've learned about this year regarding a modified Ford GT that suddenly spun and wrecked. Both were non-owners driving.

I hate reading stories involving scumbags like this guy screwing a customer or multiple customers over.

However I am very glad that it was made public as this is how to put these F_ckers out of business for good.

As far as the comments about getting attorneys involved and getting restitution I doubt it will happen as people like this hide assets like crazy to protect their possessions, trust me I have been there. The good thing is that you cannot run and hide from the internet and the bad publicity, that is the Karma catching up with them.

There is a little lesson we can all learn from this, when taking your car to a shop ask for a copy of their garage keepers insurance. If they do not have garage keepers insurance then they do not get your car.

As, Allan, Alex and Roy know well, I have had a similar situation that occurred with my Jota last year.

It is just now getting resolved and the only way was to hire a very high profile attorney to get it done.

I agree with Ray, in that there is an unwritten code amongst exotic car owners that if you break it, you buy it. If you can't afford the car, you should not be behind the wheel.

Unfortunately some of the low life scum that dwell in the exotic car arena don't seem to believe this.

I know both Joe Sackey and Roy who both sell exotics have now established a new policy with a letter that has to be signed before anyone test drives their cars.

I totally agree with exposing these type of people and letting everyone know who they are so others will not get burned like we have.