The noose is getting tighter

topcabron

Athletes try to find some form of edge, chemically, surgically, training regimen, diet, etc...

I think until we have robotic implants, so long as people are flesh and bone, I don't really care. Hell, how many athletes perform under the influence? David Wells pitched a perfect game, drunk... Doc Ellis did it on LSD http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/baseball/...ls_hangover_ap/

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Even Felix Baumgartner could not exceed the speed of Armstrong's free fall.

BTW, where is Top Carbon? He has been MIA for awhile and would have been all over this story.

Even Felix Baumgartner could not exceed the speed of Armstrong's free fall.

BTW, where is Top Carbon? He has been MIA for awhile and would have been all over this story.

They crowned him winner of 7 tours because he's the only cyclist they could find who isn't doping.

They crowned him winner of 7 tours because he's the only cyclist they could find who isn't doping.

BLOW ME!!!

• 4 weeks later...
Contador is toast.

Armstrong is a fraud.

I wish the guys doping would just come clean and say,"yup, I doped, just like everyone else. "

There are some guys that aren't, but you will never hear of them.

Armstrong spent too long denying it, showed no class or dignity at all lying to everyone when the evidence was overwhelming. Makes you wonder how many others are doing it.

Meh how would you expect someone to act if they are accused and guilty. They already doped and won, wheres the upside to being honest now? He was still being kicked off Olympus nothing was gonna change it.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

Definitely worth the read, never followed his story, this interview gave a very nice and succinct overall, hard to call it but if everyone was cheating wasn't that a level playing filed?

One thing I can say I'd need some ridiculously potent drugs and few motors strapped to my bike to be able to do what those guys are doing LOL.

You know what would be nice?

Have a "dopping" league and a "clean" league, the fans can choose what they want to watch, at the end have the Super ball, Dopes V Squares, that I would watch :icon_mrgreen:

I agree..everyone else was cheating at the same time..it nearly killed him though with his brain tumours and cancer, and he wouldnt change a thing...let the ones that want to risk death, do it..the ones that dont, have a different league...as long as there is parity...

Definitely worth the read, never followed his story, this interview gave a very nice and succinct overall, hard to call it but if everyone was cheating wasn't that a level playing filed?

One thing I can say I'd need some ridiculously potent drugs and few motors strapped to my bike to be able to do what those guys are doing LOL.

You know what would be nice?

Have a "dopping" league and a "clean" league, the fans can choose what they want to watch, at the end have the Super ball, Dopes V Squares, that I would watch :icon_mrgreen:

if it weren't for the holier than thou attitude and his vehement denials....."I am the worlds most tested athlete.....blah blah blah

jag off

He admits being a First Class asshole and that he's trying to make good on it.

Do you think the cycling community will ever forgive him?

How are the others who cheated received lesser bans and already returned to racing being viewed/treated? I can't imagine them having a pleasant time.

He admits being a First Class asshole and that he's trying to make good on it.

Do you think the cycling community will ever forgive him?

How are the others who cheated received lesser bans and already returned to racing being viewed/treated? I can't imagine them having a pleasant time.

They were not the ones waging war and lawsuits against anyone, they were not the ones getting journalists getting booted, team support personal discredited... He was an arsehole but he took down people telling the truth.

Other riders did not do that, they just shut up, literally took their medicine that they were prescribed.

He cannot sit there and claim he is not the ringleader and then not go into detail over who did what.

The bullshit about the marathon and the fund raising, so early in the interview, quick to paint himself as a saint but he conned people and besmirched others to protect himself.

They were not the ones waging war and lawsuits against anyone, they were not the ones getting journalists getting booted, team support personal discredited... He was an arsehole but he took down people telling the truth.

Other riders did not do that, they just shut up, literally took their medicine that they were prescribed.

He cannot sit there and claim he is not the ringleader and then not go into detail over who did what.

The bullshit about the marathon and the fund raising, so early in the interview, quick to paint himself as a saint but he conned people and besmirched others to protect himself.

The funny thing about it all is that everyone is kicking the shit out of Lance, yet they all profited greatly from what he brought to the sport. Even the ones that wanted to "tell the truth". Its funny, some of the truth tellers got hurt financially, they don't tell the story of how many of them got put into barriers at 40 mph.

Everyone abandoned Lance when the shit hit the fan. How many companies profited from his meteoric rise, only to fcuk off into the sunset when the chips were down. Look at Giro helmets, Oakley sunglasses, SRAM bicycle components and the biggest winner of all, Trek bicycles. Hell, Trek was doing 100 million a year and they rose to 1 billion per year under Lance's influential years. This quote from Trek is the biggest crock of shit of them all, they knew everything all along...

“Trek is disappointed by the findings and conclusions in the USADA report regarding Lance Armstrong,” a statement from the bike company reads. “Given the determinations of the report, Trek today is terminating our longterm relationship with Lance Armstrong.”

Best part, he still owns part of the company.

He took down a lot of people, he destroyed a few lives, the Journalists that he drove into the ground are the ones that deserve the biggest apology. They were fighting to drudge up the truth, he mercilessly took them down with money and power. Frankie Andreau and Floyd Landis and others tried to bring him down, not to tell the truth, but because he kicked them out of the circle of trust. The irony here is, had Lance just threw a broke ass Floyd Landis a few hundred grand of his funny money, and given him a spot on his team, none of this would have come to light. He would still be out glad handing everyone. Ego is a motherfucker sometimes...