What did you do today?

topcabron

I do a tricep exercise at the end of my chest workout on Mondays typically. A bicep exercise at the end of back workout on Tuesdays. And then a full arm workout on Fridays. Weekends I might throw in a bicep or tricep depending how they feel.

Still remember the story of the cross fit teacher who did one and dropped the bar behind him after and it bounced and hit his back and paralyzed him.

Cool, sounds good on the arms. I'm trying to give it some attention after so much neglect. :icon_mrgreen:

BTW, I'm more worried about a super heavy squat than a clean and jerk.....that accident to the CF guy seemed freakish. If you have experience with the form, it's usually not so bad.

With the squats, usually ok, but when it gets ultra heavy the tendency for me is to drop forward not backwards (opposite of what you should do!) so it's a little scary. Of course we're talking about a 1 rep max, not normal workout.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Swam 1000 yards today. 21:15

I come from a running background. Track and cross country in H.S. and college then life started. Worked out off and on but was mostly 'skinny fat' as a friend of mine said.

Fast forward to last October. Had to have my cholesterol checked for work: Yikes

TC 234

HDL 37 (gulp!)

TRG 150

LDL 167

38 years old 5'9" 168 pounds at the time of the test. I'm now 163 pounds.

This was a real wake up call as my grandfather and I were very close and he died way too young at 63 from a massive heart attack. I still get pretty choked up over it. It was his 4th one. He had his first at 48. My uncle had his first at 48.

I prefer not to take a statin if I can help it. Probably won't be able to avoid it but we will see.

I'm triathlon training and doing some strength training as well. Revamped my horrible diet and cut out the pizza joint 3 times a week, burgers, fries, chips, most red meat, etc. Replaced the bad fats with good ones. Eating a lot of fish, nuts, veggies, whole grains, etc. Getting in good shape and feeling great. Will drop in here periodically for an update.