So how much $$$$ are you going after?

Camel Toe Juice

You are talking about wanting to make billions not open up a sandwich bar, anyway, please tell me more about starting up and building up a very successful business.

Knew you were going to say something like that :) Fortis, I don't quite get what you mean. You say you won't save up enough in a lifetime to start an enterprise. I am assuming you mean that metaphorically, that you'll never have "enough" money as you see it to start the enterprise and thus always will want to "save up some more." Like the person always waiting for "the right time" in life to start. If that is what you mean, I understand that, however there is a base minimum one needs to start a business right? I am talking about saving up for the basic essentials to get the plan going.

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well know that you've made a post no one can follow up... :eusa_dance:

Swimming is the best workout you can do without stressing your joints. So does everyone here have a new goal of getting six pack abs?

I have a goal of getting a very ripped physique so yes. I was well on my way, started skinny at 145 lbs and squatting 120 lbs for 5 sets of 5, then worked up to squatting 220 5x5, started benching 120 for 5x5 but then up to benching 180 5x5, and deadlifting from 120 up to 250 5x5. Went up to 170 lbs with abs still visible, so bodyfat percentage was remaining steady, but then injured my adductor squatting :rant: so have had to slack off for some months to let it heal. Had to thus stave off the upper-body working out to a degree so I don't end up like Johnny Bravo.

Knew you were going to say something like that :) Fortis, I don't quite get what you mean. You say you won't save up enough in a lifetime to start an enterprise. I am assuming you mean that metaphorically, that you'll never have "enough" money as you see it to start the enterprise and thus always will want to "save up some more." Like the person always waiting for "the right time" in life to start. If that is what you mean, I understand that, however there is a base minimum one needs to start a business right? I am talking about saving up for the basic essentials to get the plan going.

Wheels, if the idea and business plan are good and you can present both and yourself well, money will be your least problem.

Wheels, if the idea and business plan are good and you can present both and yourself well, money will be your least problem.

But it takes experience to have good VIABLE ideas and know how to execute. And like they say, experience is what you get after bad decisions, so you can make good ones.

on swimming - people myself included just throw this out, I think some specifics would be more helpful:

for efficient cardio/leg work = grab a board and just kick after it. After 2 lenghts ull probably be dead, so work your way up to kicking hard and steady.

So to remedy this, on the way back just do backstroke, and then whatever you want back the other way to get the board. Can put a board between your legs and use your arms only.

Backstroke will help with rotatory cuff injuries, and build rear delts which are very often neglected and disbalance your physique.

if you can - butterfly, for shoulder and for high intensity.

I switched to a 5x5 like wheels was talking about and jacked up how much I could lift. And then I promptly tore my rotator cuff and labrum overdoing it on the weight lifting. Have to decide when to have surgery. Going to go back to higher reps and lower weights like the Kris Gethin programs when I am healed up.

So between Bitcoin, Abs, and this thread I think we’ve pretty much the keys to life figured out...

:)

I have a goal of getting a very ripped physique so yes. I was well on my way, started skinny at 145 lbs and squatting 120 lbs for 5 sets of 5, then worked up to squatting 220 5x5, started benching 120 for 5x5 but then up to benching 180 5x5, and deadlifting from 120 up to 250 5x5. Went up to 170 lbs with abs still visible, so bodyfat percentage was remaining steady, but then injured my adductor squatting :rant: so have had to slack off for some months to let it heal. Had to thus stave off the upper-body working out to a degree so I don't end up like Johnny Bravo.

QtqKvsl.jpg

While I cannot speak for Fortis of course, I think what he is saying is that you came into this thread with aspirations that are in the stratosphere. You didn't allude to "wanting to own a Lamborghini someday", but more along the lines of, "I am going to purchase the entire company and begin building flying cars so I can put the airline industry out of business. I'm reading a book on it now". It is SO lofty that it is hard to take it seriously.

The point is; most people with ambitions/goals/dreams like that aren't "starting" their story in their 30's saying, "I am finally in a position where I should be able to START saving to start a business in the future". They have already started, have a plan they are working, and are bootstrapping their way up the ladder one rung at a time. It is consuming them, to the point where they WON'T stop until they get to the top. While I commend you for having high ambitions and shooting for the moon, I think sometimes you have to keep your feet on the ground.

There has been some great advice in this thread from some of the UBER ballers on this forum, many of whom (I am certain) remain pretty private and keep a fairly low profile outside of the cars they may own. When guys like that talk, it is best to just listen.

TurboGallardo's post about multiple contributing factors needing to line up in order for most people to even have a CHANCE at becoming a billionaire was especially interesting to me. I actually remember Mark Cuban talking about that exact topic as well, regarding how things had "lined up" in his life that allowed him to exceed even his wildest dreams in terms of success (his venturing into broadcasting when the internet was just becoming mainstream, the tech crash in 2000 shortly after he had sold his company for top dollars and was sitting flush with cash, the huge crash to follow in 2008, his purchase of the Mavericks at a bargain basement price considering the potential market, etc.). Cuban once said something that stuck with me, "If somebody has to be the luckiest guy in the world, I'm just thankful its me".

While I am certain most of these people (Cuban included) would have been successful regardless of any "one" factor not working out, the truth is that being in the right place at the right time (sometimes more than once) can provide a launch pad that may be impossible to build on your own otherwise.

While I cannot speak for Fortis of course, I think what he is saying is that you came into this thread with aspirations that are in the stratosphere. You didn't allude to "wanting to own a Lamborghini someday", but more along the lines of, "I am going to purchase the entire company and begin building flying cars so I can put the airline industry out of business. I'm reading a book on it now". It is SO lofty that it is hard to take it seriously.

The point is; most people with ambitions/goals/dreams like that aren't "starting" their story in their 30's saying, "I am finally in a position where I should be able to START saving to start a business in the future". They have already started, have a plan they are working, and are bootstrapping their way up the ladder one rung at a time. It is consuming them, to the point where they WON'T stop until they get to the top. While I commend you for having high ambitions and shooting for the moon, I think sometimes you have to keep your feet on the ground.

Yes; my life hasn't quite had the standard playing out that the ordinary person's has. If the average person is a railroad train starting along on the track of life, my train basically never got out of the station until recently you could say. Regarding the goal I posted, that's why I stated it as a longer-term goal.

Has anyone from LP met wheels in real life?

Shit, I'm down for a LP wheels meetup. Count me in.

Side note, what's wealth without the health?

Any low carb believers? Has anyone gone vegan?

Has anyone from LP met wheels in real life?

Shit, I'm down for a LP wheels meetup. Count me in.

No one has met me yet.

Side note, what's wealth without the health?

I am very into healthy eating. I mostly completely avoid junk food and have done so for years. I eat a lot of raw vegetables. I love cooked vegetables, but raw I make a point to eat as well, especially raw spinach and kale. I eat a lot of healthy carbs (whole grain pasta, brown rice, oatmeal, potatoes) but not a vegan. I am not saying I will not eat out and have a hamburger and fries for example, but keep that stuff to a minimum.

Definitely! Sugar and carbs wreck me.

Try a high protein/ high fat meal plan for a couple weeks and see how you feel. The first week might be rough but it's game on after that.

Wealthy people don't focus on saving IMO. They focus on earning. Then they focus on keeping. Top line, bottom line, never stops. It's an obsession basically...

They have goals for their money. They're constantly calculating returns.

And I've found they're often impatient. Waiting means lost opportunity, so their version of waiting is their money rolled into something else until the jackpot opportunity arrives.

Wealthy people act differently from "regular" people IMO...

Definitely! Sugar and carbs wreck me.

Try a high protein/ high fat meal plan for a couple weeks and see how you feel. The first week might be rough but it's game on after that.

I've always been hi protein/high fat. When I have carbs it totally wrecks me. Just wonder if this is bad for me. Maybe I'll throw some complex carbs in once and a while.

Wealthy people don't focus on saving IMO. They focus on earning. Then they focus on keeping. Top line, bottom line, never stops. It's an obsession basically...

And I've found they're often impatient. Waiting means lost opportunity, so their version of waiting is their money rolled into something else until the jackpot opportunity arrives.

Totally agree.

:iamwithstupid:

And im poor trying to move up a few rungs. :icon_mrgreen:

The "fail" in the savings approach is for the average person, even clearing $100k/yr, you're looking at a deal breaking amount of time to save sufficient startup capital. And then they dont have the stones (or too much family responsibility) to sink several years worth of savings on a startup.

Remember most of society doesnt have 3 months of income in savings.

Shoestring budget bootstrap startups are definitely a young mans game.

Re: the fitness portion of this weird thread:

The more muscle mass you have, the more fat you burn at rest.

Best post.

:iamwithstupid:

And im poor trying to move up a few rungs. :icon_mrgreen:

The "fail" in the savings approach is for the average person, even clearing $100k/yr, you're looking at a deal breaking amount of time to save sufficient startup capital. And then they dont have the stones (or too much family responsibility) to sink several years worth of savings on a startup.

Remember most of society doesnt have 3 months of income in savings.

Shoestring budget bootstrap startups are definitely a young mans game.

Exactly, that tells you everything you need to know about Wheels’s entrepreneurial abilities, if he wants to get where he aspires to get he needs a complete change in mentality, approach and strategy, unfortunately most of those things come from within, you either have it or you don’t, with a caveat as always there are exceptions and anomalies, let’s hope, for his sake, that he’s one of them.

:turboalex:

anomalies...let’s hope, for his sake, that he’s one of them.

If wheels is anything in this world, he's an anomaly.

If wheels is anything in this world, he's an anomaly.

I agree, I was thinking the exact same thing when I wrote that lol

:iamwithstupid: :iamwithstupid: :iamwithstupid:

Exactly, that tells you everything you need to know about Wheels’s entrepreneurial abilities, if he wants to get where he aspires to get he needs a complete change in mentality, approach and strategy, unfortunately most of those things come from within, you either have it or you don’t, with a caveat as always there are exceptions and anomalies, let’s hope, for his sake, that he’s one of them.

Well I am not talking startup capital of a super-huge amount, just enough to start a small business and build from there. But I am curious, how does one start a business without at least some money initially?