So Swil

LPDADDY

congrats Swil. You appear to be a cool dude. when youre ready to post, im curious as to your impressions.

i wanted a CGT for a while.i kept my 911 turbo loger than i wanted just so i could put a few more dimes and nickels in the bank. im at the point where i can afford an SLR or a g-tt, but i cant get myself to be patient enough for another year or two and buy a CGT.

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I could be wrong but i think there is no CGT. Kinda smells fishy to me :eusa_think:

OUCH. Getting called out by DADDA. Cue Allan in 3...2..1..

OUCH. Getting called out by DADDA. Cue Allan in 3...2..1..

Too many things don't add up.

congrats Swil. You appear to be a cool dude. when youre ready to post, im curious as to your impressions.

i wanted a CGT for a while.i kept my 911 turbo loger than i wanted just so i could put a few more dimes and nickels in the bank. im at the point where i can afford an SLR or a g-tt, but i cant get myself to be patient enough for another year or two and buy a CGT.

The issue comes in at maintainence. From what i've gathered the maintainence costs are

911tt

Of course this is from my reading. Maybe BMWracer or Porter can shed some light on this. Personally after the Murci the next car on my personal 'cars to own if i could own any car' is the carrera gt. I don't know though if i'll ever make the leap to there and the last 2 (enzo, mclaren f1) are pipe dreams for sure.

Id love to possess a cgt and occationally drive it just to have it. Like BMWracer said, the car will only go UP in value if you maintain it and keep it a while. I just personally fear 6-12k services and 18k clutches.

The issue comes in at maintainence. From what i've gathered the maintainence costs are

911tt

Of course this is from my reading. Maybe BMWracer or Porter can shed some light on this. Personally after the Murci the next car on my personal 'cars to own if i could own any car' is the carrera gt. I don't know though if i'll ever make the leap to there and the last 2 (enzo, mclaren f1) are pipe dreams for sure.

Id love to possess a cgt and occationally drive it just to have it. Like BMWracer said, the car will only go UP in value if you maintain it and keep it a while. I just personally fear 6-12k services and 18k clutches.

The CGT is the top of my all time favorites list. Follow that by a Ford GT and an SLR. I am hoping that the new Lambo would rekindle my love affair with the brand. They just don't have anything like the cars listed above. I guess the closest thing would be the new SV, but I was not that big a fan when I drove one. The CGT is the sexiest noise I have ever heard, ever from a stock car.

911tt

Gallardo maintenance was pennies compared to my Murcies IMO. From there the SLR was an order of magnitude up. The dealerships hose you for everything and once they're done they do it again the following year and it doesn't stop. donnie has a CGT right now so he can comment on the maintenance there. For me it's almost too much car. It really wakes you up when you get on it and makes you realize it's not fcuking around.

Guest Rob Burgundy
The straight pipe setup I had I had on my Ford GT was amazing, but loud as hell. Had ford racing headers into an accufab x-pipe.

There is just something about a american V8 supercharged with straight pipes that makes a thunderous amazing noise. It was no Ford GT but this was my straight piped Cobra Vert with a vortech supercharger.

gasman,

youre absolutely on point. the thing that scares me about getting a cgt is the maintenance etc. a nice 05 black is still in the low-mid 300's. call it 425k on the safe side including taxes and unexpected service issues... too rich for my blood at the moment.

a gallardo tt is 200k, add another 50 for taxes and unexpected service issues.

an slr is 250k, if i got one, i would keep it for less than a year. i'de only get one just because its beautiful and ive been a huge McLaren fan (formula 1) my life.

i bought my 996tt and ive owned it for 3 years and a few months. of those three years, its been at a shop for about 18 months, over 30 grand in services and maintenance related issues. and ive gone through 9 sets of rear tires.

Guest Rob Burgundy
Sounds good....second video is private.

Ahhh! Thanks & thanks for letting me know,should work now!

your 996tt has been in the shop for 18 months? What happened to it?

i bought my 996tt and ive owned it for 3 years and a few months. of those three years, its been at a shop for about 18 months, over 30 grand in services and maintenance related issues. and ive gone through 9 sets of rear tires.

Interesting, anymore pics?

Okay, you want me on the hood in a thong with a rose in my mouth too? :icon_mrgreen: lol

Pic is from being spotted out an about and was later sent to me.

I really didn't take any personal pics (cause I hadn't planned on posting any), so if I'm gonna get flamed so be it.

Guest Rob Burgundy

Just FYI. I typed the link to his picture into Tiny Eye which is a website that will scan the entire internet and find pictures that look the same so if the image was posted anywhere else on the internet and he used it it would show. Here's the results.

"0 Results

Searched over 1.9587 billion images. "

His picture is original content. I hate to see people get pounced on...

Okay, you want me on the hood in a thong with a rose in my mouth too?

Please for the love of God, NO!

Just FYI. I typed the link to his picture into Tiny Eye which is a website that will scan the entire internet and find pictures that look the same so if the image was posted anywhere else on the internet and he used it it would show. Here's the results.

"0 Results

For the record I think Swill is probably legit here with the CGT, but we have been scammed before by long time members. Doesnt matter to me either way so thats not the intent of this post.

I copied a few links & uploaded some pictures I have posted on a few different forums and on my Facebook and they came up with zero results too.

"0 Results

While this is a cool feature to verify pics....it also seems a little scary.

So does that mean that all these pics of chicks that are posted on here can be traced to an FB account or something? :shock:

I don't get all the hate for a long-time legit member? :eusa_think:

I step outside to do a few hours of landscaping over at my mom's place and I come back to crazy hate. If his post count was 3 and his join date was yesterday I would understand but wow....

While this is a cool feature to verify pics....it also seems a little scary.

So does that mean that all these pics of chicks that are posted on here can be traced to an FB account or something? :shock:

I like you un-edited post more! ;)