College Football 2011

Roman

Why do you think Ohio State always plays a small Ohio school at the beginning of every year!??!

Because they suck? :icon_mrgreen:

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Its not tuition money-

How many seats does U of M stadium have? (109,000)

How much do those seats sell for? ($10-$200)

How much do they get from the TELEVISION RIGHTS for the game? (yes, we live in a day and age were even Umass at Michigan is TELEVISED, and available NATIONWIDE). (another couple million)

Whats ALL OF THAT ADDED UP? SEVERAL MILLION DOLLARS. You dont think the visiting team, without whom thye wouldnt have a game at all, should get a measly percentage of that? They should fly the 90 or so people that make up a traveling football squad, get hotels and food for all of them for two days, and help UM generate all that revenue out of the goodness of their own hearts? Theyre running the charity of the "benevolent brothers for the sacred wolverine"?

And by the way... 650K doesnt run the Umass athletic program for the year... It probably covers the football program for about 24 days.

Fair enough. I guess I don't know about the business side of it to register a worthy complaint. Thanks for the information!

EASY NOW!!!! :thefinger: :lol2:

You cant hang one over the plate like that and not expect me to swing at it....

You cant hang one over the plate like that and not expect me to swing at it....

hahaha...i was foolish to assume that our higher level analytical skills would win out in our understanding of what I was implying over our ball busting immaturity. I deserved every bit of it!

1 Stanford

2 Boise State

3 Oklahoma

4 Wisconson

5 LSU

6 Oklahoma State

7 Alabama

8 Texas

9 Michigan

10 Illinois

11 Clemson

12 Georgia Tech

13 Houston

14 Kansas St

15 Texas Tech

16 Oregon

17 West Virginia

18 Nebraska

19 Lousiana Lafeyette

20 The College of Disgrace

21 Arkansas

22 Florida

23 Iowa State

24 San Diego St

25 ASU

In preparing my weekly top 25 lists (The list is actually 75 teams long) Ive analyzed the teams and conferences more than I ever have before, and ranked the conferences themselves as well.... This year, what remains of the Big 12 is by far the most competitive conference. The SEC is #3.

There was a pretty good show on Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel regarding bowl games and money. I had no idea that many of the bowl games are set up as charities...interesting stuff. Pretty entertaining games this past weekend, and although Baylor lost, it was still entertaining...except the freaking review of every other play. Griffon III is a pretty damn good QB, but his receivers help out quite a bit...at least against Kansas State. I don't think we'll see Baylor back on Roman's 25 again this year....it was fun while it lasted!

Also, I was surprised that Nebraska was beat up by Wisconsin, but not the outcome of the Texas A&M game. Alabama's defense is fastttttt.

There was a pretty good show on Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel regarding bowl games and money. I had no idea that many of the bowl games are set up as charities...interesting stuff. Pretty entertaining games this past weekend, and although Baylor lost, it was still entertaining...except the freaking review of every other play. Griffon III is a pretty damn good QB, but his receivers help out quite a bit...at least against Kansas State. I don't think we'll see Baylor back on Roman's 25 again this year....it was fun while it lasted!

Dont be surprised to see them again as early as next week if they beat ISU... They are currently sitting at an unofficial 29....

BTW.... Im surprised nobody has mentioned Louisiana Laffeyette at 19....

1 Stanford

2 Boise State

3 Oklahoma

4 Wisconson

5 LSU

6 Oklahoma State

7 Alabama

8 Michigan

9 Illinois

10 Clemson

11 Georgia Tech

12 Houston

13 Kansas St

14 Texas

15 Nebraska

16 Oregon

17 West Virginia

18 Lousiana Lafeyette

19 The College of Disgrace

20 Arkansas

21 ASU

22 Virginia Tech

23 North Carolina

24 Baylor

25 Washington

Oklahoma looked pretty damn good...either that or TX was just really bad. I hope OK can hang on for the rest of the season so they have a chance to break up the SEC love-fest! No way they will let Boise State in on the action....

Arizona Stunk up the joint.... I really think Stoops should go. I dont like coaches like him, but that can be foregiven if they produce results.... Hes an asshole, and the team sucks.... And its not like he doesnt have the talent to work with.

Stanford Indians At the University of California at Tucson Mildcats-

Arizona is a program in chaos. This currect line-up rolled out as a VERY young team just about three years ago next week... Now they've had two years to mature, get better, and yet all they have done is gotten MUCH WORSE... And this in a climate were they should have been able to steal talent from Southern California.... And I dont see them getting any better. Stoops should be fired. His attitude does NOT WORK with that particular program. Maybe if youre winning games, you can tolerate playing for a prick.... But if youre not....

Look- Theres three basic parts to a football team. Offense, Defense and Special teams (5 if you want to break it into run/pass offense and Defense).

Arizona has NO run offense.... NONE.... I rushed my refrigerator for more yards than they had last night.

Their Pass offense, DESPITE having all the weapons, was pretty bad too. Of course, tossing a pass when youre one dimensional and getting keyed off on is tough.

Their Pass defense was really porous against an admittedly GOOD QB, and the run D gave up over 200...

And their Special Teams is Damned Near Non-Existent. The Field Goal Kicker(S) couldnt kick the ball into the grand canyon if they stood in the dead ass center of the fcuking thing.

I guess somebody finally listened to me.

RDs top 25

1 Stanford

2 Boise State

3 Oklahoma

4 Wisconson

5 LSU

6 Oklahoma State

7 Alabama

8 Clemson

9 Houston

10 Kansas St

11 Nebraska

12 Oregon

13 West Virginia

14 Lousiana Lafeyette

15 Arkansas

16 The College of Disgrace

17 Virginia Tech

18 Washington

19 Michigan

20 South Carolina

21 Mich St

22 USC

23 Georgia tech

24 SMU

25 Rutgers

Wow... What a weird week... MAJOR upsets all over the place.... Oklahoma- DONE. Wisconson- DONE. Notre Dame- DONE. Rick Neuhaisal or however you spell his name- DONE.

Stanford took a pretty decent 1 loss Washington team to the woodshed.

Boise struggled early.

LSU, despite their off field problems look really tough to beat.... They have a hell of a deep bench, thats for sure. I think they will beat Alabama.

1 Stanford

2 Boise State

3 LSU

4 Oklahoma State

5 Alabama

6 Clemson

7 Houston

8 Kansas St

9 Oregon

10 Arkansas

11 The College of Disgrace

12 Virginia Tech

13 Mich St

14 Michigan

15 Wisconson

16 Nebraska

17 Oklahoma

18 USC

19 South Carolina

20 Cinci

21 Southern Miss

22 Texas AM

23 Washington

24 Georgia

25 Texas

HOLY CRAP... What a week...

Stanford USC was one for the ages...

Oklahoma State looks REALLY GOOD...

Kansas St and Clemson are out of it...

1 Stanford

2 Boise State

3 LSU

4 Oklahoma State

5 Alabama

6 Houston

7 Oregon

8 Arkansas

9 The College of Disgrace

10 Virginia Tech

11 Kansas St

12 Michigan

13 Nebraska

14 Clemson

15 South Carolina

16 Oklahoma

17 Southern Miss

18 Cinci

19 Washington

20 Georgia

21 Texas

22 USC

23 West Virgina

24 ASU

25 Arkansas St

Man two great games tonight so far. LSU & Alabama...defense is remarkable tonight. Kansas State may pull the upset on Oklahoma State...great game too, just keep switching back & forth!

I did NOT think the LSU/ Alabama game was all that great. Neither teams OFFENSES looked good AT ALL... And you can say "But thats because both defenses were sooooooo good, they shut the Os down."

I disagree. The score was NOT the result of GREAT D! the Score was the result of self inflicted wounds by the offenses....

Case in point. All of Alabama's missed field goals. You cant go 0 for 4 on makable field goals with two differnet kickers and expect to win ANY game... When you get the ball into the opponents territory, you HAVE TO GET POINTS... Failing to do so is SELF INFLICTED, and obviously more than enough to change the outcome of the game.

Second Point... LSUs turnovers. There are two types of interceptions.... Those caused by SPECTACULAR defensive plays, and those caused by QB MISTAKES. Both of LSUs interceptions were SELF INFLICTED.... Throwing the ball RIGHT TO an Alabama DB... ANY defense would have made that play.

1 Stanford

2 Boise State

3 LSU

4 Oklahoma State

5 Houston

6 Alabama

7 Oregon

8 Arkansas

9 The College of Disgrace

10 Virginia Tech

11 Clemson

12 Oklahoma