Does Lamborghini Hermera wheels fit a Diablo?

Frank-Goodson

• 2 years later...
Has anyone put a set of Lamborghini Hermera wheels on their Diablo?

They usually come on a LP640.Here is an example.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2008-Lambor...=item3a6b4be2e2

Here are some pics of Diablos with Murcielago Hercules Wheels......... The Hermeras will fit the Diablo NO PROBLEM.

front_20hercules.jpg

Roadster_wheels_Diablo.jpg

Diablo_Roadster_Wheels.jpg

Here are some pics of Diablos with Murcielago Hercules Wheels......... The Hermeras will fit the Diablo NO PROBLEM.

I have a 92, and mounting the Hercules wheels was NOT a simple swap. The problem : the 92 uses 12mm lug bolts, the 06 Murci Roadster uses 14mm lug bolts. If you mount the Hercules or Hermeras on an early D with the original 12mm lugs there will NOT be much contact between the bolt and the taper seat of the wheel, causing either damage to the wheel or the lug bolts coming loose. The solution : you can either have your hubs and rotors machined for the 14mm lugs, but mounting your original 17" wheels again will be impossible unless you have them machined to accept the 14mm lugs, or install hubs with the original 12mm holes. Tikore will make you a set of Titanium bolts with the 12mm thread and the taper the size of the 14mm lugs at a cost of approx $740 US. When I get home tonight I can post a pic of the size difference between the 12mm and 14mm bolts. If anyone else has a solution without buying titanium lugs, I would love to hear it.

cheers

I have a 92, and mounting the Hercules wheels was NOT a simple swap. The problem : the 92 uses 12mm lug bolts, the 06 Murci Roadster uses 14mm lug bolts. If you mount the Hercules or Hermeras on an early D with the original 12mm lugs there will NOT be much contact between the bolt and the taper seat of the wheel, causing either damage to the wheel or the lug bolts coming loose. The solution : you can either have your hubs and rotors machined for the 14mm lugs, but mounting your original 17" wheels again will be impossible unless you have them machined to accept the 14mm lugs, or install hubs with the original 12mm holes. Tikore will make you a set of Titanium bolts with the 12mm thread and the taper the size of the 14mm lugs at a cost of approx $740 US. When I get home tonight I can post a pic of the size difference between the 12mm and 14mm bolts. If anyone else has a solution without buying titanium lugs, I would love to hear it.

cheers

Here is a picture of the two lugs side by side, sorry for the quality of the pic, the flash is in-op.12mm_vs_14mm_lugs_001.jpg

The 12mm lug taper is 0.750" dia and the 14mm lug is 0.987"

The 12mm lug protrudes 0.710" through the stock 17" wheel, the 14mm lug protrudes 0.860" through the Hercules wheel

Damn that looks good.

I'm amazed that only the rims can update the look of the whole car that much!! Looks great!

:iamwithstupid:

• 7 months later...
Are Aventador wheels interchangeable as well or just the Diablo/Mercielago?

No, just Diablo/Murcielago, to fit Aventador wheels on them you'll need an adaptor.

wow those diablos look amazingly updated with those Hermera rims !!

I agree.

Anyone have a link to any Diablo threads showing more pics w/ updated wheels?

cheers

Thanks for the info on the bolt differences. Thanks for the comparison pic too! I am planning on installing Diablo 6.0 wheels on my '91. Any idea on if I will run into the same issue? Do the 6.0's use 14mm lugs? Anyone know?

No, just Diablo/Murcielago, to fit Aventador wheels on them you'll need an adaptor.

Re: Adaptors

Is the offset the problem or is it the bolt pattern?

I agree.

Anyone have a link to any Diablo threads showing more pics w/ updated wheels?

The only downside to the Hercules wheels is that they are fairly heavy. Especially compared to the stock 6.0 wheels.

IMG_5559.JPG

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks for the info on the bolt differences. Thanks for the comparison pic too! I am planning on installing Diablo 6.0 wheels on my '91. Any idea on if I will run into the same issue? Do the 6.0's use 14mm lugs? Anyone know?

I too am curious if the 6.0 uses 12 or 14mm bolts....anyone know?

Re: Adaptors

Is the offset the problem or is it the bolt pattern?

Bolt pattern

• 2 weeks later...

Would anyone happen to have a pic of a Diablo with a set of Hermera wheels mounted on it? I've seen the roadster wheels and the Hercules wheels but I have not yet seen a set of Hermera wheels on a Diablo.

Would anyone happen to have a pic of a Diablo with a set of Hermera wheels mounted on it? I've seen the roadster wheels and the Hercules wheels but I have not yet seen a set of Hermera wheels on a Diablo.

Here are a few pics of Diablos with Hermera wheels for you

20111022_113232.jpg

diablohermera.JPG

Diablo_20VT_2022.JPG