My idiot bulldog home alone

Schaef

Dogs rule!

My lab used to sleep on the couch and knew he shouldn't so when he heard me walk out of the bedroom in the morning he'd quickly get off the couch so he wouldn't get busted. As he got a little older and lazier I'd catch him half off the couch in the process of getting down and then eventually he started just looking up at me without moving.

I miss that damn dog so much.

Hahaha, that's awesome. I want to set up a camera to see what our Golden Retriever and Weimaraner do when we leave. God only knows...

I am certain it looks very similar to this! :icon_mrgreen:

HAHAHAHAHA! Boomer is awesome!

He sure took advantage of his time with that couch :D

It's good that he did. It will likely be his last time not gated up when I am gone haha

Dogs rule!

My lab used to sleep on the couch and knew he shouldn't so when he heard me walk out of the bedroom in the morning he'd quickly get off the couch so he wouldn't get busted. As he got a little older and lazier I'd catch him half off the couch in the process of getting down and then eventually he started just looking up at me without moving.

I miss that damn dog so much.

They are great! Makes me laugh everyday. I'll have to test Boomer every once in a while when I leave and see if he will still do the same thing as he gets older.

That is awesome.

One time we recorded my home office after I left an empty bag of beef jerky in the trash can. Hilarity ensured.

LOL! Looks like he was having fun. I thought he was going to eat the couch, but looks like he was just getting some exercise...awesome dog and my vote is to let him run all over that couch! :icon_mrgreen:

Haha!

I had a staffie pup which despite being a pedigree was thick as a sea defence wall.

One night my ex did not shut the dog area door properly, woke up to find she had chewed all of the tops off every bottle in my wine rack, 38 decent bottles gone down the pan.

Then another time I came home to find she had a shit on the wall but the marks were at least a foot higher than she was, how she did that I do not know.

Miss that little retard.

That is awesome.

One time we recorded my home office after I left an empty bag of beef jerky in the trash can. Hilarity ensured.

I'd like to see that video!

Hahaha I love dogs!

Thanks! :icon_thumleft:

LOL! Looks like he was having fun. I thought he was going to eat the couch, but looks like he was just getting some exercise...awesome dog and my vote is to let him run all over that couch! :icon_mrgreen:

Eating the couch was my first fear and thankfully did not happen. He still runs all over it when I am home!

That is adorable! I love English Bulldogs, but I can't handle the hair, how do you deal with it?

Thanks! Really not too bad. He sheds but I take care of his grooming with bi-weekly baths and a brush.

Haha!

I had a staffie pup which despite being a pedigree was thick as a sea defence wall.

One night my ex did not shut the dog area door properly, woke up to find she had chewed all of the tops off every bottle in my wine rack, 38 decent bottles gone down the pan.

Then another time I came home to find she had a shit on the wall but the marks were at least a foot higher than she was, how she did that I do not know.

Miss that little retard.

Haha! Its really tempting to have a camera on them all the time.

hahaha, great clip!!

Thank you!

That's called puppy power. My bulldog does that too. It's like a turbo boost of energy. Btw I got that same magazine in the vid :)

Definitely a turbo boost! Pics of your bulldog?

My parents have a Shi Tzu. He gets free rain of their home when they are gone. It took a few years to get to that point but he does really good with it now. I think all he does is sleeps. Sometimes you will walk in the door and you wont be able to find him then when you do he is just waking up on one of the beds. He gets super hyper at night though. Its weird.

Im still deciding what kind of dog I am going to get for my house. I cant wait though, I love dogs.

Ha ha ha that was excellent I was laughing so hard as I tried to imagine my Chi doing that, she is laying beside me snoring so loud lol. My dog is a Narcoleptic she literally sleeps all the time :) at least thats what she has me believing Hmmmmmmmmmmm

Hahaha, awesome.

We've always given our dogs free reign to do as they please. Some like the couch, some don't. Some prefer the floor, so prefer the bed. Some prefer the feet, some prefer taking up as much space as possible and making you sleep around them with no covers at night. I'm of the opinion that they should be allowed to be where they are most comfortable, after all, that's what we do.

LOL that was awesome. :) That is such a cool dog, I have always loved bull dogs but dont know enough about them. (I have wanted one since I was a kid though so one might be my next dog!).

My Fiance and I adopted 2 pugs from a friend of mine who had to let them go 3 years ago, and although they are cool, I have never had the bond with them that I had with my old black lab (it might have something to do with the fact that we adopted them when they were 5, so they were already set in their ways, had been raised by someone else, etc.). They are not allowed on the couch unless we are with them either, and routinely get caught jumping off of it the second the keys jingle in the door (sneaky little bastards :icon_mrgreen: ).

Boomer looks like a great dog. :icon_super: Glad he had a little fun.

My parents have a Shi Tzu. He gets free rain of their home when they are gone. It took a few years to get to that point but he does really good with it now. I think all he does is sleeps. Sometimes you will walk in the door and you wont be able to find him then when you do he is just waking up on one of the beds. He gets super hyper at night though. Its weird.

Im still deciding what kind of dog I am going to get for my house. I cant wait though, I love dogs.

Boomer is mostly respectful of the couch but he's not ready (obviously) to be near it when someone isn't home. Good luck with your choice!

Get ready to cut some onions..

Thank you for that haha

Ha ha ha that was excellent I was laughing so hard as I tried to imagine my Chi doing that, she is laying beside me snoring so loud lol. My dog is a Narcoleptic she literally sleeps all the time :) at least thats what she has me believing Hmmmmmmmmmmm

Haha thanks! Boomer sleeps a lot too, with his tongue sticking out the front of his mouth and snoring. I have to run a fan at night to drown that out!

Hahaha, awesome.

We've always given our dogs free reign to do as they please. Some like the couch, some don't. Some prefer the floor, so prefer the bed. Some prefer the feet, some prefer taking up as much space as possible and making you sleep around them with no covers at night. I'm of the opinion that they should be allowed to be where they are most comfortable, after all, that's what we do.

Boomer prefers anywhere we are. If we'd let him he'd sleep in between our faces :rolleyes:

LOL that was awesome. :) That is such a cool dog, I have always loved bull dogs but dont know enough about them. (I have wanted one since I was a kid though so one might be my next dog!).

My Fiance and I adopted 2 pugs from a friend of mine who had to let them go 3 years ago, and although they are cool, I have never had the bond with them that I had with my old black lab (it might have something to do with the fact that we adopted them when they were 5, so they were already set in their ways, had been raised by someone else, etc.). They are not allowed on the couch unless we are with them either, and routinely get caught jumping off of it the second the keys jingle in the door (sneaky little bastards :icon_mrgreen: ).

Boomer looks like a great dog. :icon_super: Glad he had a little fun.

Thanks! I have wanted one since grade school also. Our maskot was a Bulldog, go figure!

We also have a bulldog at home and the boomer video was spot-on... He's always rushing back to his bed when the garage door opens - I can always count on finding a warm spot on our bed from where he's been sleeping while we're out.

Anyone looking to get a bulldog in the future, I'd highly recommend considering a mini. I hadn't even heard of the breed until I'd met my Finance's dog. Mini is kind of a misnomer; he's still ~55lbs of muscle and wrinkles. The 'mini' more describes their width and overall girth... Similar height as a regular bulldog, just half as wide. As such, the breed is less prone to the usual bulldog hip and joint issues and he's a lot more agile and energetic... I think he only sleeps 21hrs a day rather than the standard bulldog 23.5 ;)

Awesome dogs... You're powerless against the sleeping-wrinkle-face-with-tongue-sticking-out face :)