My idiot bulldog home alone

Schaef

We also have a bulldog at home and the boomer video was spot-on... He's always rushing back to his bed when the garage door opens - I can always count on finding a warm spot on our bed from where he's been sleeping while we're out.

Anyone looking to get a bulldog in the future, I'd highly recommend considering a mini. I hadn't even heard of the breed until I'd met my Finance's dog. Mini is kind of a misnomer; he's still ~55lbs of muscle and wrinkles. The 'mini' more describes their width and overall girth... Similar height as a regular bulldog, just half as wide. As such, the breed is less prone to the usual bulldog hip and joint issues and he's a lot more agile and energetic... I think he only sleeps 21hrs a day rather than the standard bulldog 23.5 ;)

Awesome dogs... You're powerless against the sleeping-wrinkle-face-with-tongue-sticking-out face :)

I must have a 'mini' because he is a year old yesterday and only 41 lbs. There are bigger 5 month old bulldogs for sale at the store!

Boomer is going to need surgery. Vet recommends both knees as he has bi-luxating patellas, a known issue with bulldogs. It's not severe or causing him pain now but will down the road. This is a preventative surgery they are recommending.

The other weekend I nearly bought a Schnoodle but it was sold when I emailed them. I nearly got it on ad photo alone!

I just Googled that. Now my wife wants one. Thanks haha!

I must have a 'mini' because he is a year old yesterday and only 41 lbs. There are bigger 5 month old bulldogs for sale at the store!

Boomer is going to need surgery. Vet recommends both knees as he has bi-luxating patellas, a known issue with bulldogs. It's not severe or causing him pain now but will down the road. This is a preventative surgery they are recommending.

I was meaning to ask if Boomer was a mini when I saw the video. I'll admit that my Dexter is in full-on winter mode and probably 10lbs heavier than he was back in the summer. Did you get him from a breeder or store?

Be careful of what vets recommend when it comes to bulldogs. By no means am I saying to forgo necessary procedures, but our vet (family member) has basically said that bulldogs are seen as 'money makers' because they're known to have problems and some vets will take advantage of that by recommending unnecessary surgeries and alterations (wrinkle removal, etc).

I was meaning to ask if Boomer was a mini when I saw the video. I'll admit that my Dexter is in full-on winter mode and probably 10lbs heavier than he was back in the summer. Did you get him from a breeder or store?

Be careful of what vets recommend when it comes to bulldogs. By no means am I saying to forgo necessary procedures, but our vet (family member) has basically said that bulldogs are seen as 'money makers' because they're known to have problems and some vets will take advantage of that by recommending unnecessary surgeries and alterations (wrinkle removal, etc).

I got him through a store and couldn't believe he wasn't taken before me.

I have the exact same thinking about vets. Since I got him from a store Boomer came with a 3 year limited warranty. The warranty for 100% payment of his surgery on both knees was approved yesterday so even if the vet is taking advantage for money reasons it's not on me. :eusa_dance:

Here are a couple more entertaining videos of Boomer.

Fighting with our cat

In the video ^^ - the cat was fighting. Looks like Boomer wanted to play. He was in the classic

"play position" (rear end up - front end down). Guess the cat wasn't buying it...

Is that a doggie stair in the background? Does it lead to the forbidden couch?

He's REALLY cute- makes me miss our dog.

Your cat has loads of confidence. Love it!

Boomer always want to play with him. He is too crazy for the cat though so he gets swatted a lot!

Yes that is a doggie stair leading to the forbidden couch haha. We gave in but my rule is you can be on the couch if you are laying down and thats it. Rarely does only laying down happen but the stairs (which only are used 25% of time) help cut down on the scratches.

The cat is a badass! He takes no shit and Boomer knows it haha.