The Time has come! Revelation

four holes each side.

But that's a poor way. A good way is to buy a new trunck lid cover without the holes: here in Italy you can find a brand new one, of course redone but by the same material, same neasures and may be produced by the same man.

ciao

how much is that?

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats on the CT, Allan....gorgeous!

Agree with others....leave white rims.

As for the wing, I think the wingless look is a bigger deal for a lowbody 400S car than the later ones. Either way is good.

BTW, curious....is there a way to get the euro style taillights? I'm more a fan of those than US spec.

just have body kit guys make a trunk lid... should be really easy... :) For the advice, I should get one free .... please send it to....lol...

how much is that?

i will ask and will send a pm next week. Congrats, i cannot imagine a better car for an American enthusiast than Mario Andretti countach. Ciao

Congrats Allen! Mine is on a truck on its' way from Evans and I'm going crazy with the wait. George is fantastic to work with and I'm glad Roy turned me on to him. Not sure about you, but I still feel like a kid in a candy store with my CT purchase.

Congrats Allen! Mine is on a truck on its' way from Evans and I'm going crazy with the wait. George is fantastic to work with and I'm glad Roy turned me on to him. Not sure about you, but I still feel like a kid in a candy store with my CT purchase.

Very nice! Post pics when you get it!

Here are some photos of the "poor way" to fix the trunk/wing issue.

post-471-1343338974_thumb.jpg

post-471-1343339004_thumb.jpg

post-471-1343339041_thumb.jpg

I can have these plates off and the wing on in less than ten minutes. I had them fabricated to match the shape of the trunk, had a couple of threaded studs attached to them for tightening it down, and a rubber gasket cut to fit to keep the trim piece off the paint.

BTW, why did you go and buy a fuel injected car. All Countach cognoscenti know that fuel injected cars are shit and they should only have carbs the way God and Ferruccio intended. You should part that thing out so carbed Countach owners can keep their cars running for posterity :icon_mrgreen:

Car looks great. Yank the wing, and keep the wheels white :icon_super:

Lambo_Trunk_1.jpg

Lambo_Trunk_2.jpg

Lambo_Trunk_3.jpg

I can have these plates off and the wing on in less than ten minutes. I had them fabricated to match the shape of the trunk, had a couple of threaded studs attached to them for tightening it down, and a rubber gasket cut to fit to keep the trim piece off the paint.

BTW, why did you go and buy a fuel injected car. All Countach cognoscenti know that fuel injected cars are shit and they should only have carbs the way God and Ferruccio intended. You should part that thing out so carbed Countach owners can keep their cars running for posterity :icon_mrgreen:

Thanks! I like what you did.. Looks fine to me, maybe Ill do something like that too!

hey Allen, just strolled over to fcrap and already jsos people scrutinizing the crap out of your car... What is wrong with some of the people there? Cant they just be well wishers and leave it at that? I guess its just sad jsos poeple make that forum a day job and angle it so they can profit from it...

Looking forward to seeing that car in person! u need to head out to Chinaman town someday with the car when its done... :)

hey Allen, just strolled over to fcrap and already jsos people scrutinizing the crap out of your car... What is wrong with some of the people there? Cant they just be well wishers and leave it at that? I guess its just sad jsos poeple make that forum a day job and angle it so they can profit from it...

Looking forward to seeing that car in person! u need to head out to Chinaman town someday with the car when its done... :)

Yeah, I saw that this morning.. LOL.. Im banned there so cant post.. But first off.. as we all know.. fcuk JOE SACK OF SHIT .. Guy is a fcuking toolbox. He wont come on LP cause he knows Ill hand him his balls in a bag... Looks like he was trying to buy the car, so now he is talking shit..

Congrats on the CT! I agree with your plans- remove wing, small mechanical mods. Do not touch the wheels! Maybe stereo mods? McIntosh head unit (I love the looks).

I thought I saw the same car downtown Indy during the 500, parked outside St. Elmo Steakhouse. I say this because Michael Andretti was inside. Doubt it was what he drove though.

Yeah, I saw that this morning.. LOL.. Im banned there so cant post.. But first off.. as we all know.. fcuk JOE SACK OF SHIT .. Guy is a fcuking toolbox. He wont come on LP cause he knows Ill hand him his balls in a bag... Looks like he was trying to buy the car, so now he is talking shit..

That's just sad... Good thing you got this ct before anyone got it, touch it up a bit, spin a story and frenzy behind it and sell it at a high price...

That's just sad... Good thing you got this ct before anyone got it, touch it up a bit, spin a story and frenzy behind it and sell it at a high price...

Of course.. thats the name of his game.. All of sudden 20 people were looking at the car, offering money.. but no one saw it in person.. and now its a pos.. LOL

Everyone knows me.. 3 Diablos, 2 Gallardos, 1 Murcielago, and now 2 Countachs... Im a newbe at buying Lambos and dont know what im doing.. :lol2:

can you post that old school pic of you again next to a countach with your miami vice clothing? :icon_mrgreen:

Let me see if I can find it..

Thanks! I like what you did.. Looks fine to me, maybe Ill do something like that too!

:iamwithstupid:

I swear I just started giving the picture posted above a thought before qvpower posted his solution.

I think that is the best way to address your desires, qvpower you are the man!

Good job and good advice, now I am going to have a set made. Vic

WOW! Fantastic score with that one! Love the Bianco Perlato color. If you ever bring it to Scottsdale I could set up a little CT reunion at the local C&C I put on. Enjoy!!!

Nice score allanherbie. There is an immaculate pearl white over red 25th anniversary with no wing (if my memory serves me correctly) around here somewhere . When I came across it I just about ran up the gutter into a group of padestrians. Killer combo.

BTW, why did you go and buy a fuel injected car. All Countach conoscenti know that fuel injected cars are shit and they should only have carbs the way God and Ferruccio intended. You should part that thing out so carbed Countach owners can keep their cars running for posterity :icon_mrgreen:

That's not "poor" at all: wery well enginereed! :icon_thumleft:

I just said that the best way is to have two lids, one with the wing installed on it and one without any holes.

A good way is to buy a new one from a replica kit car, i did not consider this as there are not CT replica here in Italy: sure it will be cheaper, as an oem remake here costs at least 1000-1200 euros (that's the reason why i did not buy another one...) and you will have to adjust the new lid as no CT has the same measures...

I forgot to say: I do not sell trunck lids...

Countach is better with the carbs, but it's great with FI too: everybody knows this, other words said are just for joking.

ciao

congrats Allan

this car looks very nice and the first owner is a nice plus!

i am sure you will make it even nicer with euro look and some personal touches here and there

p.s. nice color combo...white with white rims, red interior with black dash, wing....li know of a similar one ;)

post-4328-1343381635_thumb.jpg

Nice score allanherbie. There is an immaculate pearl white over red 25th anniversary with no wing (if my memory serves me correctly) around here somewhere . When I came across it I just about ran up the gutter into a group of padestrians. Killer combo.

As in, in Sydney?