Lamborghini 50th Anniversary Italian Trip

Fortis

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks good on my office wall :D

Thats pretty sweet!

That LB Murcie is what I imagine would happen if Rauh Welt did a Lambo. Lower, wider, louder, and more insane in the right way.

The Japanese contingent was simply awesome and their enthusiasm contagious, I miss the 50th :(

Me too. I'd do it all again tomorrow. But I doubt it will be repeated. Great memories of an awesome time

Me too. I'd do it all again tomorrow. But I doubt it will be repeated. Great memories of an awesome time

Mentally I am still back there. Best experience ever.

This is just the perfect picture. The road is perfect, sweeping rollercoaster style corners, tight but not too tight and narrow. Add to that my best friend chasing in his Aventador, and then to be a proper celebration of lambo, another 3rd v12 of another generation again, a Diablo (VT?).

Heaven in one picture !

Aventador___SV_chasing.jpg

Some other cool ones I also found on the net.

Murcielago_SV_italian_roads.jpg

Laurent_Murcielago_SV.jpg

This is just the perfect picture. The road is perfect, sweeping rollercoaster style corners, tight but not too tight and narrow. Add to that my best friend chasing in his Aventador, and then to be a proper celebration of lambo, another 3rd v12 of another generation again, a Diablo (VT?).

Heaven in one picture !

post-92160-1374437618_thumb.jpg

Some other cool ones I also found on the net.

post-92160-1374438033_thumb.jpg

post-92160-1374437984_thumb.jpg

You don't look tall!

GREAT PICS!!!! AWESOME CAR!

To the guys that attended, how much damage have your cars suffered?

I need a full front end paint job and a new windscreen. Also, I had to replace the front shocks as the right one was leaking and the left one shredded it's rubber. They were both perfect before the tour. Keep in mind I drove around Europe after the Lambo tour, doing 4,000km, and not many of them were slow. Still, the only time I bottomed out the nose was at very slow speeds over a speed hump in Geneva.

The car did run perfectly though. The engine oil was just as clear as when it was replaced before she left for the tour and used none of it. The gearbox and both diff oils though were black as black can be, even though they were replaced before the tour :eusa_think:

post-1512-1374471347_thumb.jpg

post-1512-1374471357_thumb.jpg

I need a full front end paint job and a new windscreen. Also, I had to replace the front shocks as the right one was leaking and the left one shredded it's rubber. They were both perfect before the tour. Keep in mind I drove around Europe after the Lambo tour, doing 4,000km, and not many of them were slow. Still, the only time I bottomed out the nose was at very slow speeds over a speed hump in Geneva.

The car did run perfectly though. The engine oil was just as clear as when it was replaced before she left for the tour and used none of it. The gearbox and both diff oils though were black as black can be, even though they were replaced before the tour :eusa_think:

Andecorp,

I did have some damage to the left & right base board and bumper. I did 4000 Kms too, driving through Europe. A speed hump in Paris caused damage to my car. Luckily the damage is limited to the underneath of base boards and front bumper only. Chicago dealer is working on fixing it for $3k. Dealer also recommended oil change as I had done about 4000 kms. I hit about 175mph on German Autobahn and did good speed in other countries too. Car held up very well. Here are the pictures of my car damage.

Lambo Manju.

IMG950344.jpg

IMG953180.jpg

IMG954250.jpg

Rental car so no issue here, my co-driver didn't see a certain pothole :icon_mrgreen:

Few hundred euros took care of it, new wheel and tyre supplied courtesy of Lambo factory!

image.jpg

image.jpg

this is the best picture i found of the 50th: Bologna, friday evening. Hope it'is not a repost.

ciao

post-23010-1374657193_thumb.jpg

I am having severe withdrawal symptoms. I cannot stop looking at photos from the event and searching for more :-) Anyway I might feel a bit better in a 2 weeks when I get to Monterey CA for the Lamborghini Stampede and other 50th activities planned for Concorso Italiana. Nothing will surpass the 50th Grande Giro but. Simply Fantastic. Burned in my mind forever.

Andecorp

I was lucky I returned the cars I had to Lamborghini in good shape but I did not do any miles beyond the event. Hey I am interested who does your service work and I am especially interested in the windscreen replacement. I want to get a new screen put in my Murci in Oz but not sure who to give this work to. My closest dealer is no more. Thats certainly an expensive repair list the windscreen alone is ~6000 or more shipped.

+1

manual + red+ SV = win!

Tks Fortis Tks E7ITE

I absolutely love her!! Perfection. Keeper forever.

Its fantastic finding such pictures on the net; trying to contact two of the 'makers' to try and get high resolution versions to make posters !! So great to have cool pics of the beast in the wild :D

@ Flying Lap: hahah its a tight squeeze! This forum's upload mechanism is really annoying ... but managed to get an inside pic :

DSCN0506.JPG