Lamborghini 50th Anniversary Italian Trip

Fortis

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bet he copied that off a travel website.

He's made few accusations over PM's that didn't go down to well with me,

at this stage I am giving him the benefit of the doubt until I receive his reply.

I must say this, I've never communicated with a more evasive person.

How have I missed this thread??? - it's not showing up in General ... I just chanced upon it via the jdkdriver thread...???

Anyway this sounds amazing - Fortis count me in I'll send you an email.

Zack

How have I missed this thread??? - it's not showing up in General ... I just chanced upon it via the jdkdriver thread...???

Anyway this sounds amazing - Fortis count me in I'll send you an email.

Zack

Great Zack, I was wondering when you will chime in, it would be great to see you again :icon_thumleft:

I have filled out all the forms on line and emailed all the email addresses they provided. Travel(at)Lamborghini50.com bounces back, so maybe they need to work that email out still. The others seem to have sent just fine.

I will send payment as soon as they respond to a few of my questions. There is an email address to inquire about rentals. I am still on the fence about sending one of my cars or renting.

I look forward to the event!

I haven't tried the travel email, you can just make your own travel arrangements online or through a local travel agent.

In relation to taking our own cars over, easiest thing would be to rent but if you want to drive an Aventador there aren't many available so you better hurry.

Another option would be to buy a car there, for the price of a rental you could organize a buy back with the selling dealer, import it back to your own country, etc

There are a bunch of cheap 2004's Gallardo's in UK and some in Germany for around $80k, trash it for a month flick it for $60k.

I've done few numbers considering the current rental offer, transport fees to get our cars over ( I would only consider air freight), the stress involved, insurance while overseas etc, buying a cheap car might be quite a viable solution.

Let's see what rental program Lambo comes up with but I think they will be under-supplied.

We might get a discount.

Please send me a PM too.

What the hell is your problem? You want these guys to provide personal information on their actions and let me guess you won't provide any of your own.

Like cap said you get one chance to respond and you're gone (again).

I have filled out all the forms on line and emailed all the email addresses they provided. Travel(at)Lamborghini50.com bounces back, so maybe they need to work that email out still. The others seem to have sent just fine.

I will send payment as soon as they respond to a few of my questions.

I'm in the same boat....

Has anybody had any sort of aknlowedgement or confirmation that their registration has been received?

I also sent an email asking some further questions but with no response - do they just expect you to wire E5.5k and hope for the best!

It's funny on F chat there's a thread about this and it's overwhelmingly negative - too expensive and most likely a fiasco organisational-wise is the general consensus.

If this event is a good as it could be then I don't think it's too expensive, but at this price they need to be on top of their game with the organisation and the early signs aren't great.

We shall see.....

I'm in the same boat....

It's funny on F chat there's a thread about this and it's overwhelmingly negative...

As i own an almost 30 years old classic car and i live very close to the factory i just wanted to join the 50 th during the last day.

I think factory did not consider that there are also many italians classic cars owners (really a lot in the zone close to the factory) that just want to partecipate a bit to the event sunday morning at Sant' A g a t a: they are asking me 2200 euro to go aside home and stay in the factory one day, and this is something i do not like.

I hope the factory will give us italians classic cars owners the possibility to join the group at a lower price just sunday: then i will partecipate.

This is not the 1000miglia hystoric race, it's just a Lamborghini factory tour!

My complaint is just that: i'm not interested in the full 1200 km tour and 2200 euro for just sunday is too much.

ciao

I honestly believe the rates are more than reasonable, considering what's included, accommodation meals etc.

I see Albert's point since he only wants to participate in the last day of the event the asking price is very steep, maybe they will make concessions, have you tried to enquire Albert?

I have not received any confirmation other than what you are getting online on your own member's page.In relation to Lamborghini getting back to you on different matters, I haven't asked any questions other than the availability of the rental cars, the lady got back to me the day after my email to acknowledge receipt in which she mentioned that they were overwhelmed with enquiries and they are trying to sort through them and that she will get back to me soon.

I guess there are still 8 months to go and they are taking their time.

Albert, I can send you my contact's info for the event. I reached out when it was announced and again on 9/20 when the pricing and booking information became available. She has been helpful. I hope they can work it out for you, I think local owners should be allowed to attend the last day celebrations for free!

I will PM you her email address. I look forward to meeting you there.

Albert, I can send you my contact's info for the event. I reached out when it was announced and again on 9/20 when the pricing and booking information became available. She has been helpful. I hope they can work it out for you, I think local owners should be allowed to attend the last day celebrations for free!

I will PM you her email address. I look forward to meeting you there.

Thanks, and thanks Fortis too.

As Fortis says, there is a lot of time and i think there will be some possibility to reach an agreement with the factory. I'm wondering how they can ask 2200 euro for just sunday morning to the owner of this euro 1 million black Modena plate Miura S (may be the only one in the world) that was the star of first Ferruccio day this year: may be they should invite him...

ciao

post-23010-1349026848_thumb.jpg

post-23010-1349026992_thumb.jpg

^^^^ Fantastic!

Just realised how many models/variants of Lambo I have yet to see in the flesh...

I imagine at this event we'll get to see them all - should be incredible!

I just returned from Italy and a tour of the factory and museum. I have to tell you, I was extremely disappointed at all of it. The factory tour was more of a rush through, get out thing and the museum was a disgrace. The "show piece" cars were all full of swirls and scratches. They looked like they just came off the street.

I'm seriously reconsidering attending the 50th.

I just returned from Italy and a tour of the factory and museum. I have to tell you, I was extremely disappointed at all of it. The factory tour was more of a rush through, get out thing and the museum was a disgrace. The "show piece" cars were all full of swirls and scratches. They looked like they just came off the street.

I'm seriously reconsidering attending the 50th.

John, the good museum is the Lamborghini family Museum at Dosso, Ferrara: hope you visited that too. The factory one is just average. Ciao

Jepegs the museum sucks, I can't believe they charge you to get in, 50th is not about the museum it's about seeing 100s of bulls in one place, getting to meet some cool people and have a bit of fun on 1200km of Italian roads, possibly seeing a special release.

Don't let the bad museum experience ruin it for you. :icon_thumleft: