Huracán

Assman

How many years have been people been saying 400 bhp is more than enough?

Weight is where it is all going to be at, greater performance and better emissions.

But Lambo do not seem to do lightweight.

Yep. You're right. Lamborghini could keep the G replacement at 560hp and if they dropped 600 or 700 lbs it would run circle around anything that would be released. I'm still amazed the Aventador is weighing in at over 4000lbs. The performance numbers are amazing now, Can you imagine the number the car would be making if they had kept it from being so bloated.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yawn, lets put an end to this and wait till the car arrives shall we? There are more important things to focus on for the time being, such as kebab, Megan Fox bleached pink anus and of course, the abcense of hair on NISSAN-N-IT head :icon_mrgreen:

Ps. The new G will kick ass, period.

Yawn, lets put an end to this and wait till the car arrives shall we? There are more important things to focus on for the time being, such as kebab, Megan Fox bleached pink anus and of course, the abcense of hair on NISSAN-N-IT head :icon_mrgreen:

Ps. The new G will kick ass, period.

:lol2: :la:

I think there are a lot of people that cannot drive properly a Gallardo so they judge the car as they were a wife doing shopping along Rodeo Drive so they say "car is no more trendy, dsg is more confortable, Mc Laren has some more hp, 458 is cooler".

Try to push hard at hi speed on a track and i'm sure you will appreciate much more the Gallardo, still a bomb with a big V10 NA engine and a very light body, lighter than the 458.

The Huracan basically will update the body line, electronics and gearbox: the car harcore is still on the top, it will be enhanced too, but just to do another step and not why it's not enough advanced.

ciao

Albert aren't you around the corner from the factory?

Just put your spy gear on and do some industrial espionage for your LP brothers, we need photos etc. :icon_mrgreen:

Hoping they'll be able to polish the ISR technology into a smoother application, rather than adopting dual-clutch. The latter solution is heavy and large - and we're talking about Lamborghini, in which weight and packaging have been issues for a long time. If the next generation of ISRs can be improved to the degree of the 2008 E-gear over its predecessor, in my opinion Lambo could be on to the best solution.

Sad to see manuals dying off though. You'd think supercars would be the last bastion of the format, as the whole point is to have the most involving experience possible. In other news, there's a dead horse over here and I just can't stop flogging it.

Lee, they are all fast. It will boil down to looks and feel. The McLaren isn't selling well because it doesn't look attractive and many people find the ride boring, whereas the 458 does very well because people like the looks and some like the feel. If the G replacement is in the same speed area and looks cooler and is more fun it will do well. That simple.

Well said, I totally agree with you.

Albert aren't you around the corner from the factory?

Just put your spy gear on and do some industrial espionage for your LP brothers, we need photos etc. :icon_mrgreen:

Since there is internet, it's easier to leak something from the electronic brochures/drawings sent to Australia for publishing or editing and so on than by seeing a prototype on the road close to the factory...

I have some inside news from Ferrari F1 racing department as my nephew works there but none from the Lambo... i just share a friend with the No.1 Italian at the factory so sometimes i hear some interesting news, but i cannot ask him "let me see the Uracan drawings..."

ciao

Well said, I totally agree with you.

Why are you still here? Did you ever provide proof of the cars you claimed to own and then disappeared after asking to prove you were telling the truth? Good to know you're still creeping on the board.

Hoping they'll be able to polish the ISR technology into a smoother application, rather than adopting dual-clutch.

I don't think there are any issues with the isr. I think many drivers are confusing the suspension setting giving a rough ride for being the gear shifting. I think when the suspension change comes for the 2013 model many people will find that solved their issues in strada and sport modes. 2013 LP-700-4 will ride more comfortably. That, with the current isr setting will make many people happy. Probably everyone but me. :headbang: :icon_mrgreen:

:iamwithstupid:

As RaginBull said, it won't matter how well it compares to its competition in terms of sales, as 99%+ of this segment's sales come from brand-whores around the world who flock to anything "new" in the luxury market for status/prestige reasons, and who rarely break the speed limit in any of them as they drive through local hot spots at 5mph... :eusa_wall:

But I agree with you 100% on "pulling an Allan" for that 1% of buyers who are true enthusiasts, as the timing on the G-car replacement is all wrong if it's delivered to buyers 18 months from now or so.

That gives Ferrari a full year's look at the car and what it can do before they deploy their own 458-replacement in 2015...which will likely destroy the Lambo in every conceiveable way (aside from looks of course).

Tough one for the factory, but as others have said in recent years it's pretty clear they're not REALLY going after the top-performance crown these days, leaving that to Ferrari/McLaren. Lambo is more about producing emotional cars that look good and deliver a (mostly) Italian driving experience.

Personally I'm looking forward to it, despite how these comments could be perceived. Any new Lambo is an exciting day, even when RaginBull's URUS finally arrives in 2022!!! :icon_mrgreen: :icon_mrgreen:

I agree with everything you said... Other than me having to wait 10 years for my suv!! :eusa_wall:

:icon_anal:

Raginbull, I respect your opinion after your explanation and I would like to rephrase myself on the word "junk" it was perhaps a tad too harsh. I would like to instead use "seriously flawed with its absolute benefits"

It is known that many Aventador gearboxes are experiencing leaks through the housing joints... I have known around 4 or 5 people with this issue in this region and the only solution is to drop the engine and change the whole gearbox. It is not a major leak to the point of dripping gear oils but it is serious enough to warrant Lamborghini to grant warranties to those cars and replace whole units of gearboxes. Also there are coolant leaks through the water pump. (Which may explain certain Indonesian and Mid east forumers here experiencing and questioing on engine overheating)

But all is taken care of by Lambo dealerships. I just dont like the fact how can such an expensive car and supposely refined car post such issues to its owners. Add to the jerkyness of cold starts in the morning, which leads to me initially calling the ISR junk which I know rephrase seriously flawed. You would have get this kind of issue with DCT. Apart from a slight lack of feel during low gear change and its low tolerance to high torque, it really is the future to all gearboxes I would say. But of course this is just my opinion.

He has been lurking for a long time, porter and I have been watching him in the hope he will actually deliver the goods.

Slowpoke has a better chance of bedding Ms Fox

Raginbull, I respect your opinion after your explanation and I would like to rephrase myself on the word "junk" it was perhaps a tad too harsh. I would like to instead use "seriously flawed with its absolute benefits"

It is known that many Aventador gearboxes are experiencing leaks through the housing joints... I have known around 4 or 5 people with this issue in this region and the only solution is to drop the engine and change the whole gearbox. It is not a major leak to the point of dripping gear oils but it is serious enough to warrant Lamborghini to grant warranties to those cars and replace whole units of gearboxes. Also there are coolant leaks through the water pump. (Which may explain certain Indonesian and Mid east forumers here experiencing and questioing on engine overheating)

But all is taken care of by Lambo dealerships. I just dont like the fact how can such an expensive car and supposely refined car post such issues to its owners. Add to the jerkyness of cold starts in the morning, which leads to me initially calling the ISR junk which I know rephrase seriously flawed. You would have get this kind of issue with DCT. Apart from a slight lack of feel during low gear change and its low tolerance to high torque, it really is the future to all gearboxes I would say. But of course this is just my opinion.

Thanks for the heads up on the gearbox and coolant issues. I appreciate it very much! I will keep on the look out.

Double clutch does appear to be the future. I agree. Not to beat a dead horse, but I have not driven any DCT that has as fun shifting in sport or race mode on the highway. That is what I care about, and the ISR delivers it the best I have experienced yet. I also prefer the egear and the F1 transmissions over the DCT's I have tried. Hopefully the companies will find a way to please people like me with some 'kick' mode and also give the lexus ride everyone seems to want from their spaceship race car when cruising in traffic. :icon_pai:

Regarding the cold starts... I always run my Aventador for about 5 minutes in my driveway before taking off. I find it does drive better when it gets a little head start on warming up.

I agree that the ISR is seriously flawed if Lamborghini says anywhere that it is an easy to drive, smooth supercar. I didn't see that press release. I saw the ads with people's necks breaking from the gear shifts and their eyeballs popping out of their heads from braking. Even though I didn't care for the artwork, the ad was exactly what I want in my life. The message spoke to me. I ordered mine the next day. It delivers as promised. Here is a link to the ads I speak of:

http://www.lambopower.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=63788

So, do I think the ISR is perfect? No. Nothing is. That is why I have a few cars. They all serve different purposes. The Aventador serves the function those ads are offering. If that type of drive appeals to you, and you like the looks, then it is perfect for that. No one should complain that a car that is advertised like that is bad because it not a big soft sitting on your sofa lazy driver. That's all I am saying. That, and I wish the world was more ISR and less DCT. But, you are right. You will probably win that one since people wrongfully believe double clutch is the better technology. Different, yes, equally as good for different purposes, yes, but in its current state of development it is not better than SCT for what I consider real driving. Just my opinion.

Slowpoke has a better chance of bedding Ms Fox

O RLY?!

Slowpoke, you are so gay that even if Megan Fox falled in your bed naked and horny, you would not even touch her... :icon_mrgreen: :thefinger:

ciao

Slowpoke, you are so gay that even if Megan Fox falled in your bed naked and horny, you would not even touch her... :icon_mrgreen: :thefinger:

ciao

Ok oldman.. Now go on and keep sitting naked in your redleather replica dreaming of half as nice chicks I bang allday, errdayy :thefinger:

Ok oldman.. Now go on and keep sitting naked in your redleather replica dreaming of half as nice chicks I bang allday, errdayy :thefinger:

i'm sure those are all chicks with dicks... :thefinger:

And then i'm not a champion in banging girls: in that field i'm like a Prius that has to face a LP700 on a track...

ciao

Ok oldman.. Now go on and keep sitting naked in your redleather replica dreaming of half as nice chicks I fap allday, errdayy :thefinger:

Fixed for you..

What is this, "the seniorcitizen club of gay countach owners" joining forces?! :thefinger: :bj: :icon_anal:

Countach is NOT for gay: may be this is the reason why you do not own a Countach? :thefinger: :icon_mrgreen:

ciao