Murcielago SV vs. Aventador (face-to-face shootouts)

RaginBull

My Aventador is getting picked up later today and sent out for its custom wrap! I wanted to drive it out to the detail shop, but it would be a full day and I don't have the time. I am doing something that will protect the car for shipping to Italy and it should look pretty cool for the 50th Anniversary event! I am very excited! No pics till the event though. :eusa_dance:

that's not fair!! :crybaby2:

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea, I spent a lot of time in my LP640 and didn't want less comfort.

Smart move! I like the more race car feel, but I can understand why you would prefer the added comfort.

Thanks! The break-in on the Murcielago SV was different for me. I got it with around 4500 miles. It showed up and the motherboard taht controls the exhaust valves was not working. It was stuck on mute. I took it to Fabspeed, they fixed the sloppy install and did a tune. When I got it back from that it was instant stun! Total monster!

The Aventador, which I got new with about 50 factory miles on it, keeps getting better! They are both epic. It is so hard to choose. I definitely like each of them better for certain drives. They both have their pluses. It will be a more fair comparison when I get an exhaust on the Aventador and a tune done. I look forward to that! :icon_thumleft:

That is the thing about Lambos... I can have one color then I see another and want it just as bad! The Aventador Roadster Miami pics from a few weeks ago made my head spin. I loved every color! :headbang:

Thanks for the reply, RaginBull! I think that's remarkable about these cars, that they can change for the better as you drive them, unlike those garage queens....

Also, that photo that David@Fabspeed posted - I could be mistaken, but aren't those the Murci 6.2 seats? Just out of curiosity.

Thanks for the reply, RaginBull! I think that's remarkable about these cars, that they can change for the better as you drive them, unlike those garage queens....

Thanks!! I agree!

or you can bring her here and we can strap her down to the dyno for some real life stock #s :icon_super:

I just ran home to load it up with Tiny. It is on its way north for my custom wrap! :monkeyleft:

I miss it already. Seeing the Aventador loaded on Tiny's truck is like watching your kid go off on a multi day school trip. I know its safe (because Tiny is the man) and I am happy that its going, but I miss it already! :wub:

I am not interested in putting unnecessary wear on my Aventador just to find out what the stock dyno results are. But, I am interested in dynoing it after I do the exhaust and a tune. :icon_thumleft:

why would you want that? one of the best features of the SV are the seats, and they are oh so comfortable.

hannibal, i suspect these are the ones roy's referring to

lamborghini__murcielago_lp670sv_2009_6_lgw_zps7e5480ad.jpg

I still have a set of Brand new OEM SV 5 racing belts..could not get them for the USA cars...I had them ordered from a friend out of Europe...just never have gotten around to putting them in my SV

then you'll never know if it actually gains power without doing a before run :eek3dance:

I don't care about numbers or how fast I am compared to ____ . I care about how it feels. If it feels more responsive (I don't even care about faster) and it is more musical (exhaust), I will be happy.

Checking out the final numbers is not something I would seek out, but if I was at your shop, sure. I definitely wouldn't go out of my way to get to a dyno. It is just a conversation piece for this forum. Not a big deal to me.

This thread is unbelievably good! Thanks for sharing all this..

I think having a before and after dyno is good, because if you lose horsepower or torque, you then know your motor is not breathing as good as it was before chance.

This thread is unbelievably good! Thanks for sharing all this..

I think having a before and after dyno is good, because if you lose horsepower or torque, you then know your motor is not breathing as good as it was before chance.

That is a good point, but I would think I would be able to feel if the power was lacking immediately. Great point and I will think more about it. Thanks!

This thread needs more pics (for the rest of us to keep drooling over) :icon_super:

:iamwithstupid:

I will! I have taken a ton, I just haven't posted them because most of my LP viewing is on my ipad. When the Aventador gets back from the wrap I plan to also wrap the SV (just redo the clear coat and touch up any stone nicks in the matte black area that occurred before I got it). :icon_thumleft:

THANKS EVERYONE!

My Aventador is getting picked up later today and sent out for its custom wrap! I wanted to drive it out to the detail shop, but it would be a full day and I don't have the time. I am doing something that will protect the car for shipping to Italy and it should look pretty cool for the 50th Anniversary event! I am very excited! No pics till the event though. :eusa_dance:

:eusa_naughty: was hoping you would take the SV to Italy. was looking forward to hearing the exhaust on yours !!!

:eusa_naughty: was hoping you would take the SV to Italy. was looking forward to hearing the exhaust on yours !!!

I know. The Aventador is just a better fit for the trip for my needs. The Sv would be great fun too!

Tommy, I've said it before and I'll say it again, your SV looks totally insane! Glad to have you back!

:iamwithstupid: :eusa_clap: :icon_super:

Tommy, I've said it before and I'll say it again, your SV looks totally insane! Glad to have you back!

Thanks! I just get busy with other things. Our car season kicks off soon up here so I'm starting to read the forums again.

Thanks! I just get busy with other things. Our car season kicks off soon up here so I'm starting to read the forums again.

Does that mean more pics of you in fetching hi vis vests TJ?

Good to have you back mate.

Does that mean more pics of you in fetching hi vis vests TJ?

Good to have you back mate.

Hahaha! Yea, we're ditching the green vests this year- moving into jackets. Ohhhh-Ahhhh! For those wondering what CC's talking about, in 2009 we started a Saturday morning exotic car gathering and over the years it's really blown up to be a big deal around here with an average of 200 exotics and rare cars showing up every week. I still volunteer so most of the pictures of me floating around are in a green vest, leading many to think I'm really well paid parking attendant. In this photo I'm standing with Paul Williamsen of Lexus. He's been a regular competitor in the Baja 500 and 1000 with lots of crazy stories. Truly one of the nicest guys I've ever met.

DSC_8075.JPG

In this photo I'm standing with Paul Williamsen of Lexus. He's been a regular competitor in the Baja 500 and 1000 with lots of crazy stories. Truly one of the nicest guys I've ever met.

How is Sir. Mix-A-Lot doing? That open thread with him was a favorite of mine!

How is Sir. Mix-A-Lot doing? That open thread with him was a favorite of mine!

Good, we still get together often. We did CES together as we do every year and have a great time. He dumped his LP640 on a black McLaren MP4-12C last summer and loves it. I don't think he will be another Lamborghini owner anytime soon, but one never knows. He goes through a lot of cars. He's constantly praising the interaction with the factory at McLaren; said they treat him extremely well. All the McLaren owners up here praise the factory and dealers.

Anthony said he had an Aventador on order? Yes he does love that 12C. Just bought one, has new software upgrade, so will see how I like it.

Anthony said he had an Aventador on order? Yes he does love that 12C. Just bought one, has new software upgrade, so will see how I like it.

Welcome back. Nice to have some more SV owners in the house!

Not any more. He gave up the order.