Murcielago SV vs. Aventador (face-to-face shootouts)

RaginBull

Not any more. He gave up the order.

Wow, he must really love the 12C! Neat guy. Sure he will get back into Lambo Ownership soon enough.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since my last post I have wrapped my Aventador, added a lot of carbon fiber parts on the interior, had it serviced, updated the software, and put the new Dione wheels on it.... and shipped it off to Italy for the 50th Anniversary Event.

The new software and new wheels happened at the same time, but what a difference! Now, the strada mode, which I used to refer to as emissions mode, now has a purpose. Strada works great, as do auto shifts in traffic! The sport mode is even better than it was, and corsa is still violent and insane! It feels like a newer model! I mean, what a difference!

My wife is 8 months pregnant. She used to not like the Aventador very much. She thought it was too rough. She liked the SV a lot more. Last weekend, we did 400 miles in the Aventador. She loved it! At 8 months pregnant! Given, I did not drive anywhere near unsafe with her and my unborn baby in the car, but the low speed driving and highways were both a treat.

This weekend we drove the SV for 160 miles. She still loves it but now she likes the Aventador more! It really is a nice software update. It did not ruin any of what I love and improved all the other aspects. It really feels like a new model. As if this is the mid cycle bump. Truly remarkable.

The SV is faster and more of a raw race car experience with old school feel, whereas the Aventador feels like a proper GT car with race car drama. Before the SV had the edge. Now, they are equal and both serve their roles well.

I received the Capristo remote controller for the stock Aventador exhaust. I will install it when it returns from the 50th Anniversary.

Regarding the wrap and interior... I will wait till during the 50th event to show everyone. I am so happy with the wrap (Detailing Dynamics did a great job) that my Aventador will never be orange again. I look forward to sharing pics of it from the event. I love the wrap. I will mimic it (to a degree) on my Roadster. My car now has its own look. Its very Veneno-ish, although I swear that when Eddie designed and wrapped it, neither he or I had seen the Veneno yet! You will see what I mean in a month. :eusa_dance:

Side note: thanks to FC Kerbeck for doing a great service on my car. They kept it hid away so no one would see my wrap before the event. All while I was in Geneva. They also dealt with the sipping for my car. Much Appreciated! They are great over there.

That's all I have to report. Anyone with an Aventador, get the update! It is a massive improvement. :icon_thumleft:

Kris, glad everything is going great with the Aventador! I am sure you are going to miss it quite a bit between now and Italy.

Thanks Aaron! I miss it a lot already!!! :headbang: :crybaby2:

I look forward to getting together and you checking it out. I think you will love it. With the additional suspension upgrades coming on your roadster, I cannot imagine it not being a win! :icon_thumleft:

Good, we still get together often. We did CES together as we do every year and have a great time. He dumped his LP640 on a black McLaren MP4-12C last summer and loves it. I don't think he will be another Lamborghini owner anytime soon, but one never knows. He goes through a lot of cars. He's constantly praising the interaction with the factory at McLaren; said they treat him extremely well. All the McLaren owners up here praise the factory and dealers.

Tommy

Last we spoke I was ordering a new Vanquish after driving it I found it to be to much like my DB9 and just got a new Mclaren and not at all sorry. Changing off between my LP640 and the Mclaren is really laughable it is like having 2 great kids from a different mother.

Kris, as you know I absolutely love your Aventador's wrap! Detailing Dynamics and yourself did a phenomenal job.

Try not to loose to much sleep with your Aventador gone and the Veneno not here yet.

Kris, as you know I absolutely love your Aventador's wrap! Detailing Dynamics and yourself did a phenomenal job.

Thank You!!

Try not to loose to much sleep with your Aventador gone and the Veneno not here yet.

LOL

I miss the Aventador but it being gone gives me all the more reason to drive the SV more! :icon_super:

The wait for the Veneno is easy because it still doesn't feel real! I look at the pics and the car still doesn't look real! Seeing it in person felt like I was in a dream and rocket boosters were about to grow out of it to propel it back to the planet it came from. Its hard to believe that it is mine. I think it will take a long time to set in after it gets here. :huh: :o :eusa_doh: :blink: :blush: :D :headbang: :eusa_dance: :icon_mrgreen:

Tommy

Last we spoke I was ordering a new Vanquish after driving it I found it to be to much like my DB9 and just got a new Mclaren and not at all sorry. Changing off between my LP640 and the Mclaren is really laughable it is like having 2 great kids from a different mother.

Yes, the McLaren is about the only car I'm interested in the moment if I sell my SV. They did finally come around and extend my warranty, so who knows when I'll part with the SV. It's unlikely it will be for an Aventador.

I still have a set of Brand new OEM SV 5 racing belts..could not get them for the USA cars...I had them ordered from a friend out of Europe...just never have gotten around to putting them in my SV

Roy,

Where about are you mounting the racing belts, if your car didn't come with the factory mounting points?

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...

Wow, took me over an hr to read through this whole thread but it was worth every minute of it.

Congrats Kris, you got lovely rides and your Veneno, speechless really. Now I just read online you got another Veneno! Wow Wow Wow!

Glad your loving the SV as much as I am. From what I have been reading here, your in the real estate business, same with myself here in Singapore. I look forward to reading your future threads. Once again, thanks for the beautiful write up's. Salute!

Wow, took me over an hr to read through this whole thread but it was worth every minute of it.

Congrats Kris, you got lovely rides and your Veneno, speechless really. Now I just read online you got another Veneno! Wow Wow Wow!

Glad your loving the SV as much as I am. From what I have been reading here, your in the real estate business, same with myself here in Singapore. I look forward to reading your future threads. Once again, thanks for the beautiful write up's. Salute!

But Kris sold his SV....