Is anyone in the BITCOIN market?

Lambofan35

I didn't make any predictions, I just said buy low and sell high :) It just seems everyone is all doom and gloom every time anything goes down but if you look at how much it has gone up over the past few years show me anything else with similar returns.

I would buy some Ethereum if and when it gets to a price of $50 bucks.

For me then and only then is it worth throwing $5,000 at and waiting a year or better with hopes that Ethereum's value would be at or above $500.

If you hold it for a year or more it is treated as an investment gain 20%, if you are day trading any of these crypto currencies the gains are treated as regular taxable income.

I already pay enough taxable income every quarter and in April not to want to track gains and losses for the year only to get fucked at the end.

And if you don't want to declare it, I would hope that that decision never comes back to haunt you.

I am not taking chances however remote they are when it comes to the IRS.

I would rather pay the IRS my 20% then sleep in a jail cell.

Sincerely Vic

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been mining BTC with over 3P/h of machines for the past year. It's pretty awesome!

I have also been buying up ETH and sitting on it for the long run, I plan on setting up a bunch of GPU rigs for that soon too.

I'm interested in mining some eth, zcash or burst. I'm looking at a mining rig that the seller says does 170mh/s at 620 watts. He says that set up is doing $700-800 per month. Does that sound right? When I calculate in an eth calculator I get it closer to $370.

Anyone have a rig of similar speed, and if so can you tell me if this is realistic?

I'm interested in mining some eth, zcash or burst. I'm looking at a mining rig that the seller says does 170mh/s at 620 watts. He says that set up is doing $700-800 per month. Does that sound right? When I calculate in an eth calculator I get it closer to $370.

Anyone have a rig of similar speed, and if so can you tell me if this is realistic?

That guy is blowing smoke up your ass.

I have a miner running at 97Mh/s right now and it's on track to bring in $170 this month. The difficulty keeps ramping up, which makes coins harder to attain.

3 moniths ago, he probably did pull in that much. Not anymore.

For Ether mining, the pot is drying up. If you don't already have hardware, don't expect to make your initial investment back quickly. You'll have to repurpose the miner for different coins soon anyway. Ethereum is changing from Proof of Work (mining) to Proof of Stake (like stock ownership) in the coming months, which will wipe out mining Ethereum completely.

Well, like the rest of the world...I'm sitting here with my jaw on the floor watching BTC right now....wishing I had jumped on that last tumble when it fell under $2k briefly.

Unreal. :shock:

now that it's past the split, next stop 5k.... I think the plate on my new Ford GT will be FGT BTC

Well, like the rest of the world...I'm sitting here with my jaw on the floor watching BTC right now....wishing I had jumped on that last tumble when it fell under $2k briefly.

Unreal. :shock:

story on my small foray into E-currency

Back in 2013 I decided to put $60 into bitcoin just to learn the process of buying them in Canada. after that I decided to switch them to Litecoin as there was talk it was the next bitcoin and I ended up with the grand total of 3.5 Litecoins

But sadly I was using BTC-E to hold my coins so I could sell if the price went through the roof

BTC-E was one of the top ten exchange but was also apparently laundering money as the US government as sized the domain.

There are claims they still have access to servers and data but Im not expecting to see my 3.5 coins again.

Luckly this adventure only cost $60

My story is worse!

Several years ago me and my brother were mining bitcoin at home. we made 5 or 6 coins, but at the time they were worth about 75 bucks each but my electrical bill shot up to over 100 bucks. So after these5-6 coins we stopped, but my brother put the coins in a wallet that he made in case they would go up in value some day.

Late last year my brother suddenly passed away, and of course he is the one who made the wallet and has the login and password.

So, now I know I have these coins out there in a wallet and they are worth about 20k today, but I have no way to access them.

Ah well, you win some you lose some.....

My story is worse!

Several years ago me and my brother were mining bitcoin at home. we made 5 or 6 coins, but at the time they were worth about 75 bucks each but my electrical bill shot up to over 100 bucks. So after these5-6 coins we stopped, but my brother put the coins in a wallet that he made in case they would go up in value some day.

Late last year my brother suddenly passed away, and of course he is the one who made the wallet and has the login and password.

So, now I know I have these coins out there in a wallet and they are worth about 20k today, but I have no way to access them.

Ah well, you win some you lose some.....

Sorry to hear about your brother man. RIP to him.

Thanks guys!

It sucks for me, but my heart really aches for my poor mother.

I have decided to move back to Europe, I will live close to my mother for the rest of her life.

I'll probably never be able to afford a nice car there (cars are damn expensive in Denmark). But she is the last of my family now, and cars I can always get later.

Thanks guys!

I have decided to move back to Europe, I will live close to my mother for the rest of her life.

I'll probably never be able to afford a nice car there (cars are damn expensive in Denmark). But she is the last of my family now, and cars I can always get later.

Cars are overrated nothing is more important than family you are doing the right thing, I wish you the best with your move.

Thanks buddy!

Let me know next time you're in Europe and I will take you out for a cruise in my 1953 east german Trabant (only car I'll be able to afford there) :)

Thanks buddy!

Let me know next time you're in Europe and I will take you out for a cruise in my 1953 east german Trabant (only car I'll be able to afford there) :)

That sounds awesome, I will be there in a month.

I have a funny story for you involving a Trabant , my friend's father owned a Trabant, my friend and I took it for a joy ride, he drove I was just the passenger LOL I think we were 15 or 16 at the time.

My friend managed to damage one of the fenders, his father nearly killed him, long story short, his father replaces the fender and leaves the busted fender in the garage, my friend thought it would be a good idea to shove it in the fire place and burn it as you probably know they are made out of a mixture of resin and compressed cardboard or similar material, when the God damn thing started burning the flame and the sound it was making was close to the flames you see coming out of a jet engine, the fire place flute was RED hot he nearly set the house on fire :lol2:

Hahaha, that's awesome! I won't be able to move in a month. I have 25 years worth of stuff to get rid of first. It amazing how much stuff we accumulate over the years without even noticing it....

Thanks guys!

your doing the right thing, my entire family is dead and it sucks! lonely AF sometimes.

wish you the best, and yup DK is not a plan for cars!

Hahaha, that's awesome! I won't be able to move in a month. I have 25 years worth of stuff to get rid of first. It amazing how much stuff we accumulate over the years without even noticing it....

I understand and yes we accumulate a tremendous amount of junk that's the reason why I make sure once away I discard the useless junk, I hate clutter and when it's gone it's so liberating.

1. There HAS to be a way to compel access to those funds. A subpoena from a probate court would compel them to turn over the funds. Super duper pass code or not.

2. Anybody watching Btc and eth?!?!

unfortunately not, no password, no deal, lost forever. :(

I'm tempted to sell, I'm holding out for 10k per coin...

1. There HAS to be a way to compel access to those funds. A subpoena from a probate court would compel them to turn over the funds. Super duper pass code or not.

2. Anybody watching Btc and eth?!?!

Problem is, I don't even know which wallet he used. So I don't know the wallet or the login or the password = I'm fukt!

You didn't get his phone?

I found an old wallet I had from 2013. I have a user name and pw and wallet address (but no private key); problem is the user name and pw are for "bitchain" that doesnt seem to exist anymore. I think this was a login site (like coinbase) where you didnt control your private key, so now I think I'm screwed. I can see the address on blockchain.info and it still has the btc it it, but no way to access it

Lesson: Always make sure you have the actual wallet address AND the private key. The private key is the only true way to make sure you can ALWAYS recover your funds from the blockchain.