Is anyone in the BITCOIN market?

Lambofan35

Even if it doubled I wouldn't have the guts to invest because if I did invest I would want to make it worth my while and I wouldn't have the balls to gamble that much cash, it was ok when you could buy it for few dollars :icon_mrgreen:

Exactly. These early investors just got lucky. The market is hot right now and will continue to rise, but still doesn't negate the fact that bitcoin is a bubble and is not a valid currency, too volatile and not secure. I can understand approaching it as owning the underlying commodity and worry about the rest later, which I believe is happening. Fear of missing out. Coinbase had like 300k new accounts open over the weekend or some crazy number. This is great, market is getting huge, following the fact that foreign goverments are experimenting it. Has potential as a wealth creator for people who don't have a good government. Get some money while you can, but bitcoin isn't the only hot market. I can throw a dart at anything right now and make money.

We all know how this goes. Eventually, the fun stops, when people need money, they will look at their bitcoin, the value it has to them (null), and sell. Market then comes down.

I do like, however, how Cash app is making it easily accessible to buy and spend and transfer

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm in near 100% cash again. Mostly US dollars. I see the writing on the wall. All markets are going to crash within the next year. I don't "invest"...... I buy too sell. I laugh at geeks working on "apps" great way too go broke. Bitcoin is fantasy and we'll see more "fortunes" lost then made!

I'm in near 100% cash again. Mostly US dollars. I see the writing on the wall. All markets are going to crash within the next year. I don't "invest"...... I buy too sell. I laugh at geeks working on "apps" great way too go broke. Bitcoin is fantasy and we'll see more "fortunes" lost then made!

I see you're back and spewing out nonsense once again.

I love all the chicken little/confirmation bias types running around screaming "the sky is falling" and "I told you so" when it is still up 300% since May. You're a hater, not a psychic.

Yeah... Tax man wants his piece!

Great time to be a guy who shows new bitcoin millionaires how to stash their money.

Great time to be a guy who shows new bitcoin millionaires how to stash their money.

Not so great of a time for the Bitcoin trader who failed to declare their gains as he will be the new guy with a cell mate wanting to hide something.

Coinbase Crushed By Demand And US Govt - Ethereum World News

The court has demanded that Coinbase reveal information on all clients that have made transactions worth $20,000 or more between 2013 and 2015.

I was afraid that'd happen. A lot of the whole idea originally was that you couldn't trace it. But getting involved on these sites makes that vanishing paper trail a lot less.... invisible.

We all know how this goes. Eventually, the fun stops, when people need money, they will look at their bitcoin, the value it has to them (null), and sell. Market then comes down.

What are you trying to say?

That´s the same for every market out there be it stocks, houses, cars.......you name it.

Of course there will be crashes and corrections on the way as there have been numerouse times already, but the blockchain technology is here to stay and bitcoin is finite in numbers.

What's everyone's feelings on ETH now ? I'm down for long-haul...

I´m long.

Bitcoin is the value transfer side of blockchain while ethereum is the technological side of it.

Bitcoin is the value transfer side of blockchain while ethereum is the technological side of it.

In an effort to try to understand why this should matter to me I would like to know the following:

1) What is the value transfer side of blockchain while ethereum is the technological side of it?

2) Why should I care about it and how will it benefit me?

If one the underlying fundamentals of a crypto currency is that it is decentralized and there are a limited amount of them. Therefore it cannot be manipulated by governments and banks that can simply print more money causing inflation and the devaluation of the currency.

Why is the valuation of Bitcoin always expressed in US dollars? It seems sort of ironic when crypto currency traders make the statement that the US dollar is manipulated (which it is) and will eventually eventually suffer from devaluation. Yet the value of the over several hundred crypto currency's out there are expressed in US dollar's, why not gold, the yen, the Canadian dollar, Zimbabwe buck's? One Bitcoin would be worth 3,508,288 million Zimbabwe bucks. Doesn't the fact that Bitcoin keeps going up in value mean that Bitcoin itself is subject to inflation? As time goes on you can only afford to purchase a fraction of the amount of Bitcoins you could purchase the year before? Why then would anyone use them to make a purchase when they increase in value in the matter of days if not hours? I would say that any currency that incentivizes hoarding and holding rather than spending is not a currency.

Sincerely Vic

In an effort to try to understand why this should matter to me I would like to know the following:

1) What is the value transfer side of blockchain while ethereum is the technological side of it?

If one the underlying fundamentals of a crypto currency is that it is decentralized and there are a limited amount of them. Therefore it cannot be manipulated by governments and banks that can simply print more money causing inflation and the devaluation of the currency.

Why is the valuation of Bitcoin always expressed in US dollars? It seems sort of ironic when crypto currency traders make the statement that the US dollar is manipulated (which it is) and will eventually eventually suffer from devaluation. Yet the value of the over several hundred crypto currency's out there are expressed in US dollar's, why not gold, the yen, the Canadian dollar, Zimbabwe buck's? One Bitcoin would be worth 3,508,288 million Zimbabwe bucks. Doesn't the fact that Bitcoin keeps going up in value mean that Bitcoin itself is subject to inflation? As time goes on you can only afford to purchase a fraction of the amount of Bitcoins you could purchase the year before? Why then would anyone use them to make a purchase when they increase in value in the matter of days if not hours? I would say that any currency that incentivizes hoarding and holding rather than spending is not a currency.

Sincerely Vic

:iamwithstupid:

Oh markets have never crashed in Merica........

You said you 'see the writing on the wall'. What are you seeing?

Oh markets have never crashed in Merica........

Sure, markets that were tied to debt repayment against assets or other major economic drivers.

How does this factor into any of that? And who says this is at all tied to a single country?

Nothing backs bitcoin. The second people have trouble cashing in their bitcoins. The market will stampede for the exit. Again they tried the same in Holland in the 1800's. Those "invested" in bitcoin should look at Greece without a bailout! The debt in the US is tremendous. Cities going bankrupt, etc. Now you want to try lower taxes, etc...... JFK did the same and that got carried forward in the 1970's energy crisis. US again is on the same course with no "assets" to prevent the crash!

Sincerely Vic

VIC!!! The man.

It was interesting to go back to the start of this thread in 2013 and read through the entire thing to today. Hearing people say in 2013 it will never work and it was a scam and it would be gone in a year. When it had a drop, hearing all of the people in here saying I told you so, it lost 42% in one day, it is the beginning of the end. It is still here.

I sunk about 1.5 Mill in investments in 2012/2013 and wished I had taken just a portion of that and put it in bitcoin. I invested in companies, with real legitimate products. WTF did that give me. Some small rate of return. Had I invested just $1000 in 2012 it would be worth more than the entire $1.5.

I watch all markets pretty closely, and one thing I can say about Cryptos right now is that the euphoria surrounding them is downright scary...

People who have had NO luck investing in anything in their entire lives who bought Bitcoin 6 months ago on a tip are now excited for it to hit $50,000 a coin. Most of them are quick to argue with you about it if you express ANY skepticism at all, as if anyone can accurately predict where this will be a year from now, what coins will prevail, how they will eventually be regulated and to what degree, where the future of blockchain tech will eventually be, etc. etc..

People have mentioned that at this level, there will be an absolute STAMPEDE for the door if anything happens that causes a ripple in that euphoria. I believe that is true. Will it eventually recover and head even higher like it has multiple times before? I believe it might. But if I had been on this ride from $1000 a coin (or less), I know I personally would have a hard time not taking at least "SOME" of my profit off of the table (if not a lot of them). I give anyone who has resisted the urge to do that and who now has even more profit to enjoy a lot of credit. In this case, keeping the faith and staying off of the trigger has made people a LOT of money.

A friend of mine posted the comparison recently to a guy who walks into a gym without a CLUE how to use any of the equipment. They don't know what they're doing, and they don't know how to use it without hurting themselves.

Right now, that seems to be the typical Bitcoin investor. As evident by the growing number of Coinbase accounts opening by the hour, and the server at your local olive garden eager to chat about it!

Still on the sidelines and fascinated by it all.

I watch all markets pretty closely, and one thing I can say about Cryptos right now is that the euphoria surrounding them is downright scary...

People who have had NO luck investing in anything in their entire lives who bought Bitcoin 6 months ago on a tip are now excited for it to hit $50,000 a coin. Most of them are quick to argue with you about it if you express ANY skepticism at all, as if anyone can accurately predict where this will be a year from now, what coins will prevail, how they will eventually be regulated and to what degree, where the future of blockchain tech will eventually be, etc. etc..

People have mentioned that at this level, there will be an absolute STAMPEDE for the door if anything happens that causes a ripple in that euphoria. I believe that is true. Will it eventually recover and head even higher like it has multiple times before? I believe it might. But if I had been on this ride from $1000 a coin (or less), I know I personally would have a hard time not taking at least "SOME" of my profit off of the table (if not a lot of them). I give anyone who has resisted the urge to do that and who now has even more profit to enjoy a lot of credit. In this case, keeping the faith and staying off of the trigger has made people a LOT of money.

A friend of mine posted the comparison recently to a guy who walks into a gym without a CLUE how to use any of the equipment. They don't know what they're doing, and they don't know how to use it without hurting themselves.

Right now, that seems to be the typical Bitcoin investor. As evident by the growing number of Coinbase accounts opening by the hour, and the server at your local olive garden eager to chat about it!

Still on the sidelines and fascinated by it all.

Why wait? Who cares if the shit is totally bogus. Make some money, get the hell out. I have lost hundreds of thousands on real companies. If you put in $100K in sept, it would have doubled by Oct. Pull out your original $100K and see what happens. You are now on house money. Who know when to sell though, $1000, $5000, $10000, $50K, $100K. Will it go to $99K and then drop to $10?? Who knows.

Why wait? Who cares if the shit is totally bogus. Make some money, get the hell out. I have lost hundreds of thousands on real companies. If you put in $100K in sept, it would have doubled by Oct. Pull out your original $100K and see what happens. You are now on house money. Who know when to sell though, $1000, $5000, $10000, $50K, $100K. Will it go to $99K and then drop to $10?? Who knows.

that is actually exactly what I did.

i now have zero risk in the space but potentially more money to come.

if not, it was a fun ride.