Is anyone in the BITCOIN market?

Lambofan35

I love a happy ending.

I guess my question is, how do you get your coins OUT of coinbase into one... And, do they charge you a fee?

I would get Trezor and move your holdings to a hardware wallet, especially if you are holding a large amount. It's not very safe, in my opinion, to keep a large amount on the exchanges due to what happened w/ mt. gox. I would either move to hardware wallet or cold storage (paper wallet). Feel free to PM if you have any questions.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have all mine in the coinbase "vault accounts" how does this thing work?

And how do the hardware wallets work?

My friend is a software engineer and he told me exodus is the way to go. it is like a hard wallet, that you download to your computer.

https://www.exodus.io/ watch the videos.

my friend also tells me he thinks Pivx will be big because of the fees involved and the way this crypto will work. It supposedly will work easily as a transaction type crypto.

https://pivx.org/

https://www.cryptocompare.com/coins/pivx/overview/USD

it's $5 a coin right now. has $232 million market cap.

I have the same question.. Although I am late to the game this is something I am considering getting into.. I just setup my coinbase account and am waiting on my ID to be verified as I am in canada. I also read that its easy to buy in canada but through coinbase it is very hard to get your money out.

Any fellow canucks have any suggestions? Is there a better way then coinbase?

I opened a coinbase account the other day and picked up for Litecoin. But I then opened a Coinsquare account and moved my holdings to it as Coinbase wouldn't let me sell my ANY of my holdings. My understanding is that Coinbase doesn't provide for sales to Canadian customers. Coinsquare is a Toronto based company that a member of my firm said he uses.

I like Coinsquare so far. The app is OK and it has direct deposits from Canadian banks.

I opened a coinbase account the other day and picked up for Litecoin. But I then opened a Coinsquare account and moved my holdings to it as Coinbase wouldn't let me sell my ANY of my holdings. My understanding is that Coinbase doesn't provide for sales to Canadian customers. Coinsquare is a Toronto based company that a member of my firm said he uses.

I like Coinsquare so far. The app is OK and it has direct deposits from Canadian banks.

wow I had no idea, you are correct

Coinbase will let us Canadians buy currency with a credit card but wont let you withdraw to CAD accounts as explained here https://support.coinbase.com/customer/en/po...hdrawal-process

The gurus on reddit suggests Canadians to transfer your digital currency to QuadrigaCX when the time comes to cash out.

My one concern about this is just that the dips and highs happen so fast that if you need to sell on a decline the extra transfer time going elsewhere to turn to cash can cost money. Again I havent even purchased any I am just starting to look and have it ready should I feel the need.

ok guys.. I have learned a ton in a short couple of weeks. my friend started with $1500 in different coin and has $260k now...wow.. i wish i would have been in better contact with him the last couple years. We were best friends growing up. We both had kids and kind of went our separate ways about 5 years ago because of it, but he and I have been talking a lot lately. He has been very helpful..

bitcoin, eth, and litecoin i like, but they take a lot of time to transfer and they are pretty expensive. I think they are super strong right now because coinbase makes it easy to transact.

I am jumping into pivx as well. Here are the pros and cons below. I also created an exodus account today and transferred my litecoin into it for a test. it transferred in about 30 min flawlessly.

I would recommend an exodus account to everyone. however it is very secure and you don't want to lose any of your info.

In coinbase, if you haven't already, i would switch your second method of authenticating to a google authenticator from sms.

Pivx Positives

1. the owners of the coin get to make the decisions. they are the ones that share a network of computers for the mining, except the miners don't get paid. You get stake based on how much pivx coin you own. Bitcoin miners have the say on things and they don't even have to own the coin

2. it is far less expensive to trade and the trades can happen in minutes instead of days

3. it is built on a platform that in the future will be easier to use as a spendable coin. and the fees are less.

4. it can be transferred into a coin type currency within itself called zpiv. Zpiv is 100% untraceable. I am sure you can imagine what that will be good for. As far as I know the only other currency with something like this is monero, but monero's isn't going to be as good.

Pivx downside

1. hard to acquire. I don't know of anywhere right now you can just purchase pivx with cash. So you have to transfer say a bitcoin into pivx.. This creates a taxable situation on your bitcoin because any transaction even just changing 1 coin to another is technically taxable.

2. you have to have a pivx wallet and download the pivx wallet. This is the only way they can make sure your computer is in the nextwork and the way you can get stake (your computer basically becomes part of the mining network for pivx.

3. automatically after purchase your wallet will transfer 15% of your holdings to zpiv. it can easily be transferred back and it isn't a taxable event because it is the same coin, just a differentiation inside the coin. Anything in zpiv won't be part of your staking process. so you can put in a code to stop this from happening so all of your holdings are staking for you.

A good place to transfer your other currency to pivx is changelly.com https://changelly.com/?ref_id=fb73c7070d5b

thank you megachad for making it even more confusing :lol2:

I think I will stick with buying dirt, I will eventually take the money from some of you cryptocoin investors :icon_mrgreen:

Megachad, ask your friend about Stellar. Would he think they do something others are not?

Megachad, ask your friend about Stellar. Would he think they do something others are not?

He hasn't ever mentioned Stellar. He likes monero, pivx, and dash. He likes the ones he feels are going to be easier to use now or in the future as well as some of the internal affairs of the currencies..

It's hard to say really, but in all likelihood crypto is going to change the world in one way or another.

thank you megachad for making it even more confusing :lol2:

I think I will stick with buying dirt, I will eventually take the money from some of you cryptocoin investors :icon_mrgreen:

LOL.. that is why i didn't do bitcoin 3/4 years ago.. I wish I would have talked with him then. It's very interesting to me now, so I am trying to learn all I can. I hate not knowing.. It didn't really make sense why you should have your own wallet, and why there isn't an exchange for all the currencies in one place and why it isn't all easy.. It's because it really is still in an infant stage. The true geeks that jumped in way back when are the ones seriously reaping the benefits. I just don't want to be 100% left behind.

If you have $5-10000 you can just throw away, just get a coinbase account. Purchase some currency, and wait.. I am in it for the long haul. Global isn't going to change. Not matter what.. Global is here. There is no going back. Crypto makes it even easier than ever. I think this is a huge shift towards Global status of life.. It is going to change many things.

Basically a USB stick.

You play the code onto it and that´s it.

I´m up around 100% since the summer.

Thinking about selling it all and going all in on some very cheap but promising altcoins.

The big coins probably won´t 10 fold anytime soon. If you catch a good small one though....

That was my thinking a year ago. Buy a basket of every coin, if 1 or 2 goes up that should cover the losses.

Having said that I haven’t made a move yet.

I do believe there is still upside in the whole thing, crypto. Someday governments will fcuk it all up, but until then there will be opportunities.

My 3¢ Crypto opinion :)

LOL.. that is why i didn't do bitcoin 3/4 years ago.. I wish I would have talked with him then. It's very interesting to me now, so I am trying to learn all I can. I hate not knowing.. It didn't really make sense why you should have your own wallet, and why there isn't an exchange for all the currencies in one place and why it isn't all easy.. It's because it really is still in an infant stage. The true geeks that jumped in way back when are the ones seriously reaping the benefits. I just don't want to be 100% left behind.

If you have $5-10000 you can just throw away, just get a coinbase account. Purchase some currency, and wait.. I am in it for the long haul. Global isn't going to change. Not matter what.. Global is here. There is no going back. Crypto makes it even easier than ever. I think this is a huge shift towards Global status of life.. It is going to change many things.

I agree, like learning a new language. Have to adapt. I’m not looking for a score. Like you said “not get left behind”

ok guys.. I have learned a ton in a short couple of weeks. my friend started with $1500 in different coin and has $260k now...wow.. i wish i would have been in better contact with him the last couple years. We were best friends growing up. We both had kids and kind of went our separate ways about 5 years ago because of it, but he and I have been talking a lot lately. He has been very helpful..

bitcoin, eth, and litecoin i like, but they take a lot of time to transfer and they are pretty expensive. I think they are super strong right now because coinbase makes it easy to transact.

I am jumping into pivx as well. Here are the pros and cons below. I also created an exodus account today and transferred my litecoin into it for a test. it transferred in about 30 min flawlessly.

I would recommend an exodus account to everyone. however it is very secure and you don't want to lose any of your info.

In coinbase, if you haven't already, i would switch your second method of authenticating to a google authenticator from sms.

Pivx Positives

1. the owners of the coin get to make the decisions. they are the ones that share a network of computers for the mining, except the miners don't get paid. You get stake based on how much pivx coin you own. Bitcoin miners have the say on things and they don't even have to own the coin

2. it is far less expensive to trade and the trades can happen in minutes instead of days

3. it is built on a platform that in the future will be easier to use as a spendable coin. and the fees are less.

4. it can be transferred into a coin type currency within itself called zpiv. Zpiv is 100% untraceable. I am sure you can imagine what that will be good for. As far as I know the only other currency with something like this is monero, but monero's isn't going to be as good.

Pivx downside

1. hard to acquire. I don't know of anywhere right now you can just purchase pivx with cash. So you have to transfer say a bitcoin into pivx.. This creates a taxable situation on your bitcoin because any transaction even just changing 1 coin to another is technically taxable.

2. you have to have a pivx wallet and download the pivx wallet. This is the only way they can make sure your computer is in the nextwork and the way you can get stake (your computer basically becomes part of the mining network for pivx.

3. automatically after purchase your wallet will transfer 15% of your holdings to zpiv. it can easily be transferred back and it isn't a taxable event because it is the same coin, just a differentiation inside the coin. Anything in zpiv won't be part of your staking process. so you can put in a code to stop this from happening so all of your holdings are staking for you.

A good place to transfer your other currency to pivx is changelly.com https://changelly.com/?ref_id=fb73c7070d5b

Chad,

How do you link the coin base account to buy pivx? How do you update the secondary security measure on coin base?

Thanks

I’d like to do something but I have ZERO idea on how it works :(

If I could figure it out and feel comfortable with it I’d like to play but I’d like to play in the 6 figure range, that might be too risky if you know nothing about it, I wouldn’t like to click the wrong box and poof some geek got my cash :lol2:

My one concern about this is just that the dips and highs happen so fast that if you need to sell on a decline the extra transfer time going elsewhere to turn to cash can cost money. Again I havent even purchased any I am just starting to look and have it ready should I feel the need.

It is like buying and selling stocks. You can place market orders or limit orders. Bitcoin is moving over $7 Bil a day. You have no problems getting in and out instantly.

Chad,

How do you link the coin base account to buy pivx? How do you update the secondary security measure on coin base?

Thanks

Coinbase doesn't allow you to buy pivx. You can put your money into coinbase and then from there you can transfer it to bittrex and buy whatever you want from there.

For everyone on here. If you truly want to learn how all this crap work. There are 1000s of videos on every little thing on Youtube. So if you don't understand something go watch a video of it.

Here is a video I watched yesterday that was totally great.

I am going to start using GDAX for everything, except where I need bittrex for other currencies.