Is anyone in the BITCOIN market?

Lambofan35

Litecoin is moving up a lot today. from $5 last week to $28 now.

What I don't get is other then trying to make money off the coins going up in value. What is the every day use for crpyocurreny?

Why would I want to use it to buy things instead of cash?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no transaction fees for merchants is a big deal... instant payments... if you made $$ with bitcoin, you could buy things without having to exchange it for cash, which there are transaction fees for...

Litecoin is moving up a lot today. from $5 last week to $28 now.

What I don't get is other then trying to make money off the coins going up in value. What is the every day use for crpyocurreny?

Why would I want to use it to buy things instead of cash?

no transaction fees for merchants is a big deal... instant payments... if you made $$ with bitcoin, you could buy things without having to exchange it for cash, which there are transaction fees for...

Also no chargebacks for merchants is a big deal.

Discouraging for consumers though...

You mean the consumers who commit fraud all the time without consquence while leaving the merchants with the bag? :P

Also remember that if cybercurrencies becomes a currency that stays there are a lot of shady business that it makes a lot easier. Cybercurrency stays outside of the nosy banks and officials and is sort of an untraceable currency which I think many criminals would love to exist.

I ordered parts yesterday for a litecoin mining right for the fun of it. At current difficulty I would recoup the equipment cost in 1.5 months.

I ordered parts yesterday for a litecoin mining right for the fun of it. At current difficulty I would recoup the equipment cost in 1.5 months.

Linux rig? How many GPUs?

what parts did you order?

i got a flux capacitor on order.. should be great!. but in all seriousness this stuff is interesting. love the updates. got me reading more about it for sure.

what parts did you order?

I wanted to get AMD 7950s but they are sold out everywhere. I ordered 8x 7970s and 8x R9 280X. The 7970s are XFX which are not ideal for scrypt mining, but I'm hoping I can get them up to a decent speed.

sounds like an easy $100/day with that setup....

I wanted to get AMD 7950s but they are sold out everywhere. I ordered 8x 7970s and 8x R9 280X. The 7970s are XFX which are not ideal for scrypt mining, but I'm hoping I can get them up to a decent speed.

indeed, just have to go the LTC route, which has been great lately.....

however, these ASIC's are going way up in value as BTC goes up... a unit that was $5k a few weeks ago is going for $25k+ on ebay now....

I think GPU mining is better. At the end of the day you at least have hardware that's not worthless. Keep boxes and throw it back on Amazon for a discount when you upgrade equipment vs worthless ASICs.

I come in here and feel like an old man. I have not a flying fcuk what you guys are talking about. But good for you for being smart and doing this kind of stuff.

I come in here and feel like an old man. I have not a flying fcuk what you guys are talking about. But good for you for being smart and doing this kind of stuff.

I'm with you. Huh, what, oh, wait what?

Seems like the "wild west" a bit...like a virtual stock market that's unregulated and ready to bubble. The whole thing relies on people having faith in it, much like the stock market. I would not doubt that some people will make some money off of it, but I think the risk factor is a bit high (especially now) for new players to think about investing.