Powerball soars to $550million with no winner last night...

MHaynes772

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'd call my dad and tell him to secretly fly to my house. Then when he got here I'd tell him he's retired and can still do all the charity work he likes to do.

I'd retire my younger sister and brother in law too.

I'd help a lot of family.

I'd buy naming rights to my college as long as that meant the money went to scholarships/improved facilities.

I'd get a tutor for my kids and start a world tour after the money was allocated and safe.

I'd tell my wife half of the money is her decision to use and me the other half so we wouldn't have to worry about each others expenditures.

I'd buy dreamcast18 a pink aventador to settle a bet.

also theres an unclaimed ticket for $77 million :o

I buy a lottery ticket once in a blue moon, and it's rare for me to actually look up the numbers drawn to see if I won. That got me thinking I might have won something and I never bothered to check, it would be totally nuts if there's someone else like me out there who actually won 77 mil and didn't bother to check the numbers.

I'd put 10% in a trust. Tuck it away and forget about it like I never had it.

I'd buy this home as my main residence in Holladay Utah: http://www.spotlighthometours.com/tours/to...hp?tourid=38790

I'd purchase Villa La Gaeta in Lake Como http://www.lakecomohomes.com/view/Villa-Gaeta.aspx

this large apartment in Paris: http://www.luxuryrealestate.com/residentia...is-paris-france

And one of the penthouses at One57 in New York

http://www.forbes.com/pictures/mhj45jgfg/o...-new-york-ny-3/

This Challenger 605 with Pininfarina interior: http://www.aerotoy.com/c605-5762.shtml

I'd have a garage full of all my favorites including Countaches, An F40 LM, a PAGANI Huyara and a dozen other exotics.

My kid would have a trust set up to take care of his private schooling and after graduation allowing him to travel to wherever he chooses to continue his education.. Europe or the US at a choice university. Upon graduation he'd have money alloted to start a venture of his own and 10 or 15 years after that another allotment for his inheritance..

I'd put money into developing my company and not need any partners.

I'd travel and travel.

I'd help immediate family with money. Screw everyone else.

I'd have an extensive gun vault with the finest crafted weapons available.

And still have $250M sitting there earning interest and waiting for me to decide what fun to have with it :)

LOL Rob, you won't like living in Paris if you had that amount of money, I think the 75% tax went through. Unless ofc, you feel extremely generous :)

If you want to really fcuk with yourself... Consider that a couple forum members would be coming unglued if they woke up.tomorrow with only $500m.

I know of at least two worth multiples of that.... It really makes you put into perspective what wealth is.

I'd put 10% in a trust. Tuck it away and forget about it like I never had it.

I'd buy this home as my main residence in Holladay Utah: http://www.spotlighthometours.com/tours/to...hp?tourid=38790

I'd purchase Villa La Gaeta in Lake Como http://www.lakecomohomes.com/view/Villa-Gaeta.aspx

this large apartment in Paris: http://www.luxuryrealestate.com/residentia...is-paris-france

And one of the penthouses at One57 in New York

http://www.forbes.com/pictures/mhj45jgfg/o...-new-york-ny-3/

This Challenger 605 with Pininfarina interior: http://www.aerotoy.com/c605-5762.shtml

I'd have a garage full of all my favorites including Countaches, An F40 LM, a PAGANI Huyara and a dozen other exotics.

Nice wish list, I would have almost the same list as this but my home would be here in OC and not so huge. And a apartment in Nice France.

BTW don't forget to set aside for up keep and taxes, France will take all you have.

Nice wish list, I would have almost the same list as this but my home would be here in OC and not so huge. And a apartment in Nice France.

BTW don't forget to set aside for up keep and taxes, France will take all you have.

Not a problem, he'd then be eligible for benefits, since he'll join the ranks of the 'needy'.

I am willing to bet that if faced with the reality of having to make the purchases stated here most of you would reconsider.

Having that amount of money is just as much of a burden and responsibility as it is fun, spending $$$ on very expensive non income producing foreign realestate isn't the smartest thing to do, also never forget that your bills/expenses/needs and desires do not get stuck to their current level, they increase based on your income/ financial status, blowing $10k is not much different than blowing $1mil, it will go just as quickly if not quicker.

No amount of money guarantees your forever financial security it comes down to how switched on you are, also in most instances you don't need the amount of money discussed here in order to have the same amount of fun you could have if you didn't have it, same goes for some of the goals I see posted, do not allow the perceived lack of finances be a deterrent, some of the goals I see posted could be achieved with a lot less.

Money isn't the solution or the answer its a security blanket, life at the top can be just as miserable, depressing and lonely.

I know very wealthy who are extremely miserable and depressed and I know poor who are on top of the world, life is what YOU make it.

I am willing to bet that if faced with the reality of having to make the purchases stated here most of you would reconsider.

Having that amount of money is just as much of a burden and responsibility as it is fun, spending $$$ on very expensive non income producing foreign realestate isn't the smartest thing to do, also never forget that your bills/expenses/needs and desires do not get stuck to their current level, they increase based on your income/ financial status, blowing $10k is not much different than blowing $1mil, it will go just as quickly if not quicker.

No amount of money guarantees your forever financial security it comes down to how switched on you are, also in most instances you don't need the amount of money discussed here in order to have the same amount of fun you could have if you didn't have it, same goes for some of the goals I see posted, do not allow the perceived lack of finances be a deterrent, some of the goals I see posted could be achieved with a lot less.

Money isn't the solution or the answer its a security blanket, life at the top can be just as miserable, depressing and lonely.

I know very wealthy who are extremely miserable and depressed and I know poor who are on top of the world, life is what YOU make it.

Wow, great post!

:lol2: Sorry.

Ok let's continue, I would buy a decommissioned aircraft carrier, completely remodel like and turn into a floating palace and since this is Dadyo's dream I would gift it to him :icon_thumleft:

:lol2: Sorry.

Ok let's continue, I would buy a decommissioned aircraft carrier, completely remodel like and turn into a floating palace and since this is Dadyo's dream I would gift it to him :icon_thumleft:

Lol the costs of the build maintenence and running costs would bring a billionaire to his knees.

this is somewhat on topic,

someone mentioned that this amount of money is actually less than some forum owners.

this is a good watch for a few minutes, obviously common sense dictates that the lower quintiles are collectively not going to be as much as the upper, but still if you have a few minutes

http://www.upworthy.com/9-out-of-10-americ...-blowing-fact-2

Id move away from South Dakota for awhile let the buzz settle. Then come back and buy farm land. Commercial properties and get a steady return on investment set up. I would of course blow some and help immediate family but I wont go crazy.

Ps, I put $10 on it from the most Podunk hillbilly liquor store in a shanty town in the high desert. Playing the hillbilly odds.

haha that sounds like me. Out riding my motorcycle today I rode past this hole in the wall shit hole gas station. So I stopped in and bought a ticket, for the same reason.

It is!

I thought the same thing when I saw it.

Bout to get some tickets in the next hour.

If anyone on this board wins the lottery, they are obligated to throw a gargantuan LP party. Champagne, hookers, Megan Fox...whatever we want....

Bout to get some tickets in the next hour.

If anyone on this board wins the lottery, they are obligated to throw a gargantuan LP party. Champagne, hookers, Megan Fox...whatever we want....

I am In !!

I will throw a sick ass party!

The difference is those miserable without money are convinced their problem is not having money.

Idiots are idiots rich or not...but it's a fact it's a

lot easier to be happy with money than without....PERIOD