Nordschleife vs. Porsche 918 Spyder

q8ylambo

I had a chance to drive one for a 2 hour drive and rejected it.

My friend has a deposit on one and they took it out to the track for the first time ever. My friend and his best friend who is also very close with me both said in the straight line it was nothing special at all but when they began pushing it in the corners is where it shined.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Strikingly similar comments to a review I saw on youtube. :icon_mrgreen:

If I am not mistaken, didn't you tell us that you haven't owned exotics yet? Its very interesting (suspicious) that someone who has never owned an exotic would get to test drive one of the rarest and most expensive cars that hasn't even been released yet.

I suggest that he must provide proof or be banned. All those in favor say "aye."

I'm sure Porsche engineers saw an airduct he designed on his gokart and were so impressed that they said OMFG we need this guys endorsement so badly, cancel Richard Hammond, Jay Leno, or Chris Harris, get asscelerator in the drivers seat ASAP!

Ohh this is disappointing I was expecting to see some kind if proof by now, I know what's happening, he's busy test driving the P1, next will be the ThethetheFerrari then he will test drive them all back to back only then we will have a complete report.

I would love to post photos & video on behalf of him...

But I'm too busy editing this Veneno Roadster vs One:1 drive I had to film today.

I was going to buy new windshield wipers to my -95 Hilux but they insisted that I should test drive them both b2b.

I have one giveaway, the footage will be very musical.

WTF!!!!!

You all haven't driven it yet? What are you waiting on....

I had some reps bring me one down to try out for the day, it was the coolest thing ever. They brought it to the house and said "have fun"!!!!

Probably one of the best days of my life.....

Wait.......Shit........That was a dream......thought I was VBUG & RB there for a minute.....

Anyway, back to reality.

I (me) don't own any exotics :(

He speaks with so much conviction you'd think he's driven them all.

I vote for VR Asscelerator where VR stands for virtual reality.

I don't own exotics, but my job does require me to do a lot of data analysis and telemetry for them. So yes, I do sometimes get to take them out a little. I have quite a few members of the family who are big time collectors, so I have been more into vintage stuff for a long time

I don't own exotics, but my job does require me to do a lot of data analysis and telemetry for them. So yes, I do sometimes get to take them out a little. I have quite a few members of the family who are big time collectors, so I have been more into vintage stuff for a long time

take-a-berry-break-40-photos-260_zpsebfac216.gif

Liquid Assets, what were you friends comparing this car to when they said it was "nothing special" in terms of acceleration? Bugatti? Koenigsegg? I drove the car back in January, and it was shockingly fast. Much faster than an MP4. Only thing I've driven that's faster is the Agera.

It's weird to comment on its cornering abilities too, since that's the one place where you can kinda feel the fact that 1650kg isn't exactly featherweight. Still very impressive, but imo not the highlight.

Also, I didn't feel any trace of unnatural brake feel from the regen. They massaged that out of the system from those early prototypes that journos drove. I found the braking surprisingly natural. So I'll call bullshit on asscelerator as well.

I've driven a few iterations of their software, but it's still too much braking regen. Of course it's a balance between performance and energy recovery, but we're trying to optimize four individual variables. I still think it's not quite there yet

I've driven a few iterations of their software, but it's still too much braking regen. Of course it's a balance between performance and energy recovery, but we're trying to optimize four individual variables. I still think it's not quite there yet

I'm tired of being nice. Shut. The. fcuk. Up. You are full of more bullshit then anyone else on this board. If Webster says he drove it and they dialed the regen out to make it more natural that is GOSPEL. Ill take the word of the man who is a professional racecar driver and owns a Carerra GT, a custom Zonda, a custom K-egg and a half dozen other cars.

You are full of crap and belong in the manure section. Nobody gives a shit about your opinion because you are making it up on the fly.

I know I just lurk and try to enjoy the incredible content from owners willing to share their vehicles and stories but...

Jesus Christ.

Webster not only owns a zonda, and agera, he's also raced at Lemans and yet your're still pouting out bull shit and still haven't given a concrete answer or proof to the question at hand.

Put up or shut up.

There are only two options, he's either telling the truth or he's insane, I hope he's telling the truth, I honestly do but it isn't looking very good!

I'm tired of being nice. Shut. The. fcuk. Up. You are full of more bullshit then anyone else on this board. If Webster says he drove it and they dialed the regen out to make it more natural that is GOSPEL. Ill take the word of the man who is a professional racecar driver and owns a Carerra GT, a custom Zonda, a custom K-egg and a half dozen other cars.

You are full of crap and belong in the manure section. Nobody gives a shit about your opinion because you are making it up on the fly.

Please, tell us how you really feel.