Resurrecting Jalpa #359

Kerplop

Finally here! I don't think it's sunk in yet... it's an overwhelming feeling to see it at all, to touch it, feel it, see it, smell the interior. It's... really fantastic.

AhNcfnY.jpg

rngHsta.jpg

Q7k1Kbw.jpg

jkF9ont.jpg

VWU7ayr.jpg

GHdFkK1.jpg

743dGCl.jpg

ZqnD3AV.jpg

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

good-job.gif

You beat Jpegs!

Congrats on finally getting it. Looking forward to the restoration thread.

So what happened with the frozen brakes?

good-job.gif

You beat Jpegs!

Congrats on finally getting it. Looking forward to the restoration thread.

So what happened with the frozen brakes?

Well, my car broker told me the brakes are actually NOT on the car since they were so badly frozen up. So it actually sounds like something funky with the gears and clutch. I know for a fact the clutch is stuck and hydraulics are shot, so that may have something to do with it. It's rolling and moving now, in fact, it rolled just fine into my garage. Either that or he was full of crap and didn't want to load the car late, but I didn't get that impression. The guy who brought the car was nice, kept me up to date, etc.

8PqOuIE.gif

Congrats buddy!!! cant wait to see you bring her back to perfection.

8PqOuIE.gif

Congrats buddy!!! cant wait to see you bring her back to perfection.

LOL GIF win of the day :lol2:

Heard you called, will try to call later.

Very unique feeling when the 1st Lambo is in your garage.

Congrats! I remember when I got my first Lambo, it is an experience never equaled no matter what you get in the future. I would suggest starting with removing the wipers and antennas so atleast she looks really good in the garage. Can you check previous owners on that car? I wonder if its a South Florida car, with the cigarette sticker on it. I remember seeing a while one that was similarly painted all white back in the day.

Very cool man - congrats! It's motivation for me to get my ass in gear and makes dreams happen. I'm sure when it's all done the drive will be that much sweeter since it will be all your own wrenching!

What does the engine compartment look like?

Engine lid release cable is sticking. Had it open once, now it won't open :lol2: oh well. I don't feel like dicking with it tonight. Do you have any pointers on that?

I'll wait till it's nice and bright outside tomorrow and will get it open and get some nice pictures for you all.

Tonight I got a nice Cohiba and a glass of scotch and just sat in the seat and took it all in. I am blown away by the upholstery in the car. All the little details. All the gauges, the way things are positioned. It's one thing when you see a Lamborghini driving, or when you see them in a showroom or at a carshow. It's another when you actually have the time to sit in the car for a while and admire all the little details. The stitching is amazing, the leather work is amazing. I have to say I really admire and envy the skill of the people who made the car. I can see why it takes 1-2 years back then for these to come out of the factory. It's still hard to believe it's in my garage.

Even if I had no intentions of working on the car and bringing it back to life, it's just beautiful to look at. All the geometry and shapes and work that went into the shape of the body, the leather work, interior work, the way it's all put together is really just awesome. I'm not quite sure how to describe it. I think the only thing that will be more amazing is driving it. I will start tearing into it tomorrow by cleaning up the interior, seeing what kind of wiring mess I've got into and start ordering parts, wiring, bits and pieces as necessary. I want to take it one step at a time and not overwhelm myself. It can be incredibly overwhelming when you consider all of the work a car really needs, but when you take it one piece at a time it becomes far more manageable that way.

I laid the calipers out on the bench tonight, they are not nearly as bad as what they seemed. My broker said they were taken off the car because they were seized up and I imagined them being rusty piles of crap, but honestly they're just old, worn out and need to be rebuilt. They're not all that bad. Other stuff is old and definitely needs replaced (lines, wires, cables, etc). The hydraulics to the clutch go straight to the floor and the brake pedal feels odd. All in good time.

Congrats! I remember when I got my first Lambo, it is an experience never equaled no matter what you get in the future. I would suggest starting with removing the wipers and antennas so atleast she looks really good in the garage. Can you check previous owners on that car? I wonder if its a South Florida car, with the cigarette sticker on it. I remember seeing a while one that was similarly painted all white back in the day.

Yeah where does that sticker come from? I saw it and went, "I have never even heard of that..."

Yeah where does that sticker come from? I saw it and went, "I have never even heard of that..."

Cigarette boats! Like the boats used on Miami Vice

I'm excited for you man! :) Looking forward to this build and cant wait till shes ready for your first drive! Best of luck with her!

Already sitting in her lap smoking a Gar and drinking scotch. Life is good!

Can't wait to hear that engine roar for the first time as you progress through this rebuild.

ZA9J00000ELA12137

Not the same car, but still motivation for how it'll be when finished! I like the red interior, it's wild!