Koenigsegg Agera HH in LP family?

ELIM

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When did they become USA street legal?

When Koenigsegg applied to have the CCX/CCXR be made legal in the States, they were allowed to import 14 cars. However, they only imported 12, so there were 2 spots left available. BCs car (#92) and this car (#99) filled those two spots, so theoretically no more Ageras can come into the states under those previous exemptions. That said, a Koenigsegg rep did say recently that the Agera S/R is entirely US legal, so maybe they got a renewed exemption or the cars have the smart airbag technology that has limited Pagani from coming in as well.

That said, this car has several features specific to US regulations, such as the side indicators in front of the front tire. Also, the side mirrors are off the CCX, as they needed to be US certified as well.

No new Ageras until they've resolved the smart airbag issue. It took Pagani ~3 years to have a go at that.

Only side-door is if a buyer can someone get one of the cars in under show'n'display. But that's not that easy to do on a car that's still in active production. Maybe there are work-arounds via "special version", though. In that case, you'd be limited to 2500 miles/year (doubt most people would drive more than that in a Koenigsegg anyway!).

No new Ageras until they've resolved the smart airbag issue. It took Pagani ~3 years to have a go at that.

Only side-door is if a buyer can someone get one of the cars in under show'n'display. But that's not that easy to do on a car that's still in active production. Maybe there are work-arounds via "special version", though. In that case, you'd be limited to 2500 miles/year (doubt most people would drive more than that in a Koenigsegg anyway!).

Why has this been such an issue for small volume manufacturers? Lotus had this issue too.

I would have thought this would be a standard system that could be purchased from any one of the part OEM suppliers.

BTW congrats on the car.

kinnsella, it's basically a rehomolgation process. Which means crashing a ton of cars again. I think Pagani had to do 22 different crash tests to get the Huayra homologated with smart airbags. Not enough to just stick them in, you have to prove that they deploy correctly. Very long, very expensive process.

Unreal! I love when it when you get a new car, Webster! Enjoy in good health and we'll look forward to a future write-up!

Webster I think we are all literally dying to know more about it and especially comparisons with the other hyper cars. :)

Congrats on the magnicifient purchase!

kinnsella, it's basically a rehomolgation process. Which means crashing a ton of cars again. I think Pagani had to do 22 different crash tests to get the Huayra homologated with smart airbags. Not enough to just stick them in, you have to prove that they deploy correctly. Very long, very expensive process.

That sounds brutal for a small manufacturer especially using hand laid CF for a chassis material. Were they able to use the chassis for more than one crash test?

That hurts my soul to think they crashed a Huayra....let alone 20+..... :crybaby2:

Yeah, I think the tub survived every crash test. But still lots of other bits and pieces they need to replace every time. I thought I heard that it was a ~$5M project. Which given that the margin per car is ~20% is a good many car's worth of profit to do!

Just a quick shot of the ass.

post-9581-1389633164_thumb.jpg

DAT ASS! Congrats! Looks beautiful!

Congratulations!!! That is an incredibly beautiful hypercar....really love that blue on your unbelievable Agera HH. Thanks for writing up your experiences with it and look forward to hearing much more.