Non Kebab, let's talk about it.

AudiBull

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Smoking 3 racks of pork ribs tomorrow. Hopefully I remember to take pictures. They should be awesome!

All prepped for the smoker! Two different rubs a spicy one and a not so spicy one. Both ones I thought of myself. Each package had two racks in them, so I have six racks not three. Only doing four, dont think my smoker would handle more than that.

post-7086-1407034051_thumb.jpg

Love a good slab of ribs. Pro tip, make sure you peel off the silverskin from the bottom if you haven't already. If you poke under an edge with a small knife you can get a finger in and then peel the whole piece off at once. Definitely helps the smoke penetrate better and the silverskin is basically inedible anyway.

Wow AudiBull, I did a couple semesters at culinary school and can't plate as good as some of your pics. Great job.

Love a good slab of ribs. Pro tip, make sure you peel off the silverskin from the bottom if you haven't already. If you poke under an edge with a small knife you can get a finger in and then peel the whole piece off at once. Definitely helps the smoke penetrate better and the silverskin is basically inedible anyway.

Did that! On the smoker now! Doing the 2-2-1 method at 225. This is the first time I have done ribs.

So AudiBull isnt the only person on this forum that loves to cook something other than Kebob (I actually mean kebab) (I actually mean kebab) (I actually mean kebab)! I smoked four racks of ribs today for me and my parents. We were all stuffed after eating two racks!

Great separation from the bone! Not much of a smoke ring, but this is the first time doing Ribs. They were smoky though.

post-7086-1407121115_thumb.jpg

post-7086-1407121140_thumb.jpg

post-7086-1407121155_thumb.jpg

Grilled up this asparagus too, Salt, cracked pepper, Garlic powder and Parmesan cheese.

post-7086-1407121194_thumb.jpg

AudiBull is just murdering this thread. When are we having a LP dinner at AudiBull's house?

:iamwithstupid:

I would be there for a week straight, breakfast, lunch and dinner!

I'll bring the dessert!

Hazelnuts, white chocolate, raspberry eclairs

tumblr_n7iplxtenQ1rnt25ho1_1280.jpg

or

Vanilla tart (made from three differents vanilla pods - Mexico, Madagascar and Tahiti). This is MAD!

IMG_9335.jpg

AudiBull is just murdering this thread. When are we having a LP dinner at AudiBull's house?

I'll bring the dessert!

Where do I sign up?

I'll bring the dessert!

tumblr_n7iplxtenQ1rnt25ho1_1280.jpg

or

Vanilla tart (made from three differents vanilla pods - Mexico, Madagascar and Tahiti). This is MAD!

IMG_9335.jpg

I LOVE vanilla!

Wow AudiBull, I did a couple semesters at culinary school and can't plate as good as some of your pics. Great job.

Thank you! Truth be told my wife does a better job at plating. We usually work together, makes it fun. Perfect example.

My bi bim bap.

IMAG0514_zpsbenzhksk.jpg

Hers, she wins.

IMAG0515_zpsni9v1hvb.jpg

They both look identical after stirring them up, but you get my point.

IMAG0518_zpszcvxb3er.jpg

Here's one of mine that looks a little better. Scallops with creamy mascarpone pollenta, zucchini, and topped with watermelon, cucumber, a little feta, olive oil, and lemon balm.

IMAG0177_zps1bf6ce3b.jpg

So AudiBull isnt the only person on this forum that loves to cook something other than Kebob (I actually mean kebab) (I actually mean kebab) (I actually mean kebab) (I actually mean kebab) (I actually mean kebab)! I smoked four racks of ribs today for me and my parents. We were all stuffed after eating two racks!

Great separation from the bone! Not much of a smoke ring, but this is the first time doing Ribs. They were smoky though.

Ribs look good! I'm definitely going to make some soon. I'm craving them now. :icon_thumleft:

Here's some from last year right before I put the sauce on them.

IMAG0208_zps821ddc33.jpg

:iamwithstupid: Just incredible looking!

Thanks! Anyone that's interested in dinner can PM me. My house has a fairly lax open door policy. Full disclosure, I don't live in a volcano like fortress with a retractable roof, or in a giant castle, or in a house with a bowling alley and pool big enough to film The Blue Lagoon. I live in a four bedroom, 2.5 bath, two car garage house that is made out of two by fours and drywall. So don't expect anything special. Hoping to upgrade soon, but that's what I got.

:iamwithstupid:

I would be there for a week straight, breakfast, lunch and dinner!

I was considering a trip to Oz, but now I'm afraid I would end up chained to that giant table in your kitchen. Do you promise you aren't an aspiring Bond villain? :icon_mrgreen:

I'll bring the dessert!

or

Both look equally delicious! My dessert repertoire consists of flan, cheesecake, cannoli (my favorite and something I started making with my great grandmother when I was three), and that's about it other than the usual standard pies and such. I usually request someone brings dessert, so that works out perfectly! More pics please. :turboalex:

Where do I sign up?

This would be a lot easier if there weren't so many time zones separating everyone. :eusa_think:

I love to cook, everyone tells me future wives will be happy...

here's my favorite 3 minute meal:

Take a frying pan, turn heat to max. Put coarse sea salt on the pan, let the pan smoke just a bit. Toss piece of thin steak on top of salt. 2 minutes later as it starts to crisp, turn it for about 30 seconds. Warm up the sauce (if desired, can do it cold) and pour on top. Simple, delicious and quick. Even better when you wrap the whole thing in a crepe.

post-11867-1407196926_thumb.png

Dessert I just had, bread pudding (store bought), raspberries, Lunds white truffle chocolate melted on top.

post-11867-1407196758.png

post-11867-1407196792.png

I was considering a trip to Oz, but now I'm afraid I would end up chained to that giant table in your kitchen. Do you promise you aren't an aspiring Bond villain? :icon_mrgreen:

Aspiring? Nope :icon_mrgreen:

Dude seriously, is there anything you can't cook? Now you are showing off with some Korean Cuisine :turboalex:

I don't care where you live if I ever find myself in your neck of the woods I am breaking your door down you can do the same! :icon_mrgreen:

Sunday dinner with wife and her cousin. Tomato, Mozz, basil and balsamic reduction. Grilled corn husk on. Fried Chicken. Grilled pork chops with grilled peaches.

10592152_10203401572152011_1089744495_n.jpg

Aspiring? Nope :icon_mrgreen:

Dude seriously, is there anything you can't cook? Now you are showing off with some Korean Cuisine :turboalex:

I don't care where you live if I ever find myself in your neck of the woods I am breaking your door down you can do the same! :icon_mrgreen:

I can say with certainty that the majority of Asian cuisine will always remain a mystery to me. While I may dabble occassionally, the sheer number of ingredients that are foreign to me along with the astounding number of regional dishes makes learning a truly lifelong task. Add Indian, Malay, Thai, Japanese, Mongolian, Chinese, etc., etc. and I am usually a complete amateur at best. I just try to not butcher things to the point that a native of the cuisine would be insulted.

The kicking down the door plan seems like a good one for you. You could easily accomplish that at my house. I on the other hand would probably end up in the hospital well before making even a slight dent in yours. :lol2:

Sunday dinner with wife and her cousin. Tomato, Mozz, basil and balsamic reduction. Grilled corn husk on. Fried Chicken. Grilled pork chops with grilled peaches.

Looks awesome! I love fried chicken, but then again, who doesn't?

I LOVE vanilla!

Then you have to try it. Recipe is from Pierre Hermé, but the one pictured is my gf's. Many people (me included, a few months ago!) think that vanilla is... vanilla. No matter what, a vanilla pod will taste like vanilla. That's plain wrong, there are many differents vanillas and none of them taste the same. Now I can tell where the vanilla pod come from when I taste it :eusa_dance: Here is a perfect mix of three of the best vanilla, the three combined flavors give an outstanding result. What you see is a tart, but what you get is Haute Pâtisserie. :monkeyleft:

Look at the size of these pods :monkeyleft: :monkeyleft: :monkeyleft: :monkeyleft: :monkeyleft:

Bm9N8qiCEAEBqWy.jpg_large.jpg

Then you have to try it. Recipe is from Pierre Hermé, but the one pictured is my gf's. Many people (me included, a few months ago!) think that vanilla is... vanilla. No matter what, a vanilla pod will taste like vanilla. That's plain wrong, there are many differents vanillas and none of them taste the same. Now I can tell where the vanilla pod come from when I taste it :eusa_dance: Here is a perfect mix of three of the best vanilla, the three combined flavors give an outstanding result. What you see is a tart, but what you get is Haute Pâtisserie. :monkeyleft:

Look at the size of these pods :monkeyleft: :monkeyleft: :monkeyleft: :monkeyleft: :monkeyleft:

That brings back memories, my auntie brought some vanilla from Tahiti when I was little and I still remember the fruity pungent smell. We put it in our sugar jar and I use to love just opening it and smelling it.

Strange how a picture can bring back a memory from your youth.

Tommy I want to try it ! How can I do that? Do you ship internationally? :icon_mrgreen:

The kicking down the door plan seems like a good one for you. You could easily accomplish that at my house. I on the other hand would probably end up in the hospital well before making even a slight dent in yours. :lol2:

For you my friend my door is always open :icon_thumleft: