Non Kebab, let's talk about it.

AudiBull

Nope!

The place I was talking about in Japan is Pierre Hermé's shops. There are maybe ten of them, mostly in Tokyo.

Ok. But I was close. :icon_mrgreen:

There are 9 in Tokyo to be exact. There is one 2 blocks away from Laduree. One in Osaka, one in Kobe and one more in Yokohama. I tried the ones in Ginza, Shinjuku and Osaka.

You and/or your GF are definitely making dessert if L/P ever have a food gathering. That Mont-Blanc looks simply mouth-watering!

Dinner sounds good Fortis! :)

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It absolutely was.

Ha! Thanks brother.

Tommy that Mont-Blanc looks amazing.

Decided to get a little creative for dinner. Seared scallops topped with shaved Iberico Lardo (shaved while frozen to avoid melting), zucchini, first ripe melon from the garden, creamy polenta, swiss chard with parmesan, a nice piece of foie, mushroom duxelle (the round disks), and black currant preserves. It was good.

IMAG0830_zpsasfirobh.jpg

Made some Jackson Pollock lamb nachos last weekend. Definitely worth making again.

IMAG0813_zpsdqndf6ev.jpg

Had a nice dinner last Friday.

IMAG0809_zpsvjufkq8d.jpg

Amuse was saffron and cauliflower creme with crisp proscuitto and green onion.

fc0f6394-9feb-469d-87d2-cf6ea3b2e163_zps078b31b3.jpg

Caviar served with thin sliced brioche.

a3f8e423-ebf6-4be8-bf98-dec538e150c4_zpsfd573e69.jpg

Potato Waffle, Cucumbers, Horseradish and Salmon Roe

d3847268-2be4-48a9-a87c-2357a43f2c8c_zpsef2ae03c.jpg

Burrata, Parsley, Bulgur, Saffron Tomato Gel, Crisp Anchovies and Olive Lavosh. I could have eaten a whole basket of the fried white anchovy.

98399d2c-8913-430c-94aa-1c9cfae6226b_zps200b3c79.jpg

Corn soup with shrimp, truffle powder, parsley, corn chips, and chervil.

ebb98444-abfe-4ae0-ae4a-6f66b50c0c00_zps0ca87b0b.jpg

Atlantic Halibut with Little Neck Clams, Confit Chorizo, Cauliflower and Parsley Nage

0fc8db6e-a848-4a29-90a0-daeaed403e32_zps4e9a1288.jpg

Dry aged duck breast with Parsley Root, Glazed Cherries, Baby Squash and Brussels. I am now going to try dry aging duck. Best ever.

f141d523-57c6-47be-a44d-ac253a56ec40_zps6f459d60.jpg

Marinated lamb loin with English Peas, Wheat Berry Matignon, Yogurt Poached Carrots and Jerez Sauce

f43de78e-e6ae-4350-85eb-3a944348df6f_zps40c19150.jpg

Triple cream Brie with honey comb, and cherry.

efb80e4c-73ff-4623-8b33-a741a4b6a0e7_zps658b12db.jpg

Coconut ice cream, Lavender Custard, Gooseberry, almond short bread.

242a2b9d-02db-4a60-ab04-532be8163638_zps58bc0bbf.jpg

Compressed watermelon, rasberry sorbet, meringues.

5f238503-40c8-4ce3-8063-2e42cbceef3f_zps51150e69.jpg

Chocolate and fruity stuffs that I can't remember.

13bb3b3b-c7af-417b-a619-56d8b2c4ea1d_zpsc541c023.jpg

Wine pairings were meh, but it was a very good meal.

I cant follow that up. But here is some traditional South Dakota food. Traditionally its made with Lamb, but restaurants do it with Sirloin a lot and after hunting season lots will do it with Deer or Elk.

This was Lamb.

post-7086-1407987094_thumb.jpg

I cant follow that up. But here is some traditional South Dakota food. Traditionally its made with Lamb, but restaurants do it with Sirloin a lot and after hunting season lots will do it with Deer or Elk.

This was Lamb.

post-7086-1407987094_thumb.jpg

That's basically a kebab :icon_super:

That's basically a kebab :icon_super:

This is supposed to be everything BUT kebab and somehow kebab has been mentioned about a hundred times. :lol2:

Lamb looks good, that's chislic correct? I like the regional foods topic. I've come to realize that the Cincinnati chili that we are famous for here tastes a lot like kebab (there it is again). Jirre you should try some. Who likes it other than the locals? What local foods do you crave after being away for a while? I get cheese coneys on the way home from the airport pretty much every time.

This is supposed to be everything BUT kebab and somehow kebab has been mentioned about a hundred times. :lol2:

we build tunnels in your threads, and bomb your posts. LOL

Damn AudiBull I need to head down to Cincy and hit your place!! Or meet you out to eat! Some amazing dishes you post! and I thought I was a foodie.

Lamb looks good, that's chislic correct? I like the regional foods topic. I've come to realize that the Cincinnati chili that we are famous for here tastes a lot like kebab (there it is again). Jirre you should try some. Who likes it other than the locals? What local foods do you crave after being away for a while? I get cheese coneys on the way home from the airport pretty much every time.

I absolutely LOVE larosas. most people outside of Cincy hate it. And Skyline is a must. Are you a Skyline or Goldstar kind of guy?

Damn AudiBull I need to head down to Cincy and hit your place!! Or meet you out to eat! Some amazing dishes you post! and I thought I was a foodie.

And to think, you avoided skyline until you me and Mike got hammered and you guys spent $40 on coneys coming home. Then your wife got pregnant and it become a weekly staple....

Correct.

we build tunnels in your threads, and bomb your posts. LOL

Taking lessons from the opposition. I knew the cease fire wouldn't last.

Thanks! We'll have to arrange something.

I absolutely LOVE larosas. most people outside of Cincy hate it. And Skyline is a must. Are you a Skyline or Goldstar kind of guy?

Love Larosa's even though it is about the only thing in the world that gives me debilitating heartburn. Skyline is the go to, but I don't mind GoldStar. Love Empress chili too. My brother had a loft in Camp Washington for a while and being walking distance from the original and having it open 24/7 was great. Goetta is another local dish that most locals like, but everyone else dislikes. I love it.

Love goetta. My dad makes it home made from pork loin. Usually will send over a bread pan full of it for me. Then i end up eating it every morning im not heading into the office.

since we are talking utensil food...anyone have any recommendations against solid titanium flatware (other than the price)? this is all I managed to find

If you like it then go for it! I prefer a little heft when it comes to utensils. I'm more into larger pointy things anyway. This site is awesome. I want this knife just so I can tell people the handle is made from a mammoth molar tooth.

IT-31.gif

Not enough pork in this thread. Here's a birthday dinner from a few years ago.

100_0656_zpsf8eff618.jpg

Leg of lamb is good. Smoked leg of lamb wrapped in bacon is better.

IMAG0575_zpsa7dpmolp.jpg

This thread sucks ass. Mostly because I'm hungry right now.

This thread sucks ass. Mostly because No Kabob (I actually mean kebab) (I actually mean kebab).

FIFY

FIFY

Don't worry, I just ordered my kebab'eque half an hour ago. Paid extra for the proper spelling, twenty additional skewers, side tables, extra motor, cover, etc. If it sucks I'm kicking you in the balls.

Sloppy midnight snack. Best seafood sauce ever is 1/2 Mae Ploy Thai chili sauce and 1/2 butter. Try it and thank me.

IMAG0831_zpsr06cfrxu.jpg

IMAG0833_zpst32w2gdp.jpg

An evening of work. Salsa, Pickles, Pesto, Mint chutney, Green Thai Curry.

IMAG0835_zpsqdr7196j.jpg

The wife's crazy dinner concoction. Portobello stuffed with shrimp, crab, zucchini, chorizo, and a bunch of other stuff. It was really good.

IMAG0842_zpsg3bv3h86.jpg

A weekend of good food.

Fig with blue cheese cream.

IMAG0843_zpsroqa3a6x.jpg

Pork belly.

IMAG0844_zpshnpbso0c.jpg

Sweetbreads.

IMAG0845_zps8mofbfre.jpg

IMAG0846_zps95inia1f.jpg

Lamb Carpaccio.

IMAG0847_zpsxz9zoetr.jpg

Redfish En Papillote. One of my favorite dishes in the world, served with a madras curry and green apple tzatziki. Have to have it twice a year.

IMAG0849_zpsrjvxeyaq.jpg

IMAG0851_zpsfeiaajmr.jpg[/url]

Filet with chantrelles, salsify, purple potatoes, and served with a bacon jus.

IMAG0850_zpsp8l8m558.jpg

Watermellon gel with vanilla creme'

IMAG0852_zpsvtmlnmf1.jpg

IMAG0853_zpsdcdvpkdd.jpg

Lunch. Oysters, shrimp po' boy, cheese grits, red beans and rice, fried frog legs. Awesome.

IMAG0854_zpsw0rbjce1.jpg

IMAG0856_zps9vynu6wa.jpg

Smoked a side of salmon with some zucchini for dinner. Really good.

IMAG0857_zps3x38ufk9.jpg

Favorite dessert in the world. Good cannoli.

IMAG0860_zpsehlrzqrn.jpg

Doesn't look appetizing, but I love homemade biscuits and gravy.

IMAG0862_zpslopcsjrx.jpg

Smoked some ribs.

IMAG0864_zpsyhjirktl.jpg

Made these while they were smoking.

IMAG0865_zpsvapzdcxh.jpg

Tomato basil pie is always good.

IMAG0866_zpswipm0lzt.jpg

Sauced.

IMAG0868_zpspvbkfo6f.jpg

IMAG0869_zpsboaqof1u.jpg

IMAG0873_zps81djdif9.jpg

Brunch. Duck confit, shrimp and grits, meat and cheese.

IMAG0878_zpsdd5ngn5f.jpg

IMAG0880_zpsuty0ew3v.jpg

IMAG0877_zpsrycjvbr1.jpg

IMAG0881_zpse1w5arr1.jpg

IMAG0882_zpszon4pzsn.jpg

A light dinner.

IMAG0885_zpsix9sscar.jpg

Cannoli cheesecake from my mom.

IMAG0884_zpsmojabdjt.jpg

I still feel full.

Do you do anything spice wise to those pickles you make? They look incredible.

Tons of garlic, fresh jalapeno, dried Thai chiles, slice of habanero, red pepper flakes, pink, black, and green peppercorns, mustard seed, cloves, dill seed, dried dill, cardamom, onion, and the usual salt, sugar, vinegar brine. They've got a good kick.