Non Kebab, let's talk about it.

AudiBull

Mother of god those sound amazing. How long does it take them to get full flavored and pickled? And do you sell those jars full of them? haha

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mother of god those sound amazing. How long does it take them to get full flavored and pickled? And do you sell those jars full of them? haha

They take two weeks. Fully canned and sealed so they're good for a few years. I have been known to give jars away on occasion, but no, I don't sell them. I'll hook you up with some if we meet up. :icon_thumleft:

Tons of garlic, fresh jalapeno, dried Thai chiles, slice of habanero, red pepper flakes, pink, black, and green peppercorns, mustard seed, cloves, dill seed, dried dill, cardamom, onion, and the usual salt, sugar, vinegar brine. They've got a good kick.

I make pickled Asparagus quite often. You gave me a few ideas for next time.

Congrats on the Kabobaque get that bitch lit up and send some pics.

Arrives tomorrow. UPS ground cross country. :eusa_wall: The kebab thread will be getting updates soon. :icon_thumleft:

Arrives tomorrow. UPS ground cross country. :eusa_wall: The kebab thread will be getting updates soon. :icon_thumleft:

Can't wait. FYI, every-time you make pork on it god kills a puppy.

Can't wait. FYI, every-time you make pork on it god kills a puppy.

Consider it Bob Barker's legacy. I'm just doing my part to help control the pet population. :icon_mrgreen:

• 3 weeks later...

Been on an Italian kick lately.

Made a big batch of Ravioli with 24 month prosciutto, fresh ricotta, and herbs.

20140906_170907_zpsddyv8dhj.jpg

20140907_190513_zpsqdfst3sl.jpg

Made a football sized Calzone yesterday for dinner. Hot Coppa, Speck, Sopressata, Ricotta, mushrooms, olives, onion, peppers, tomato, fresh basil and oregano, mozzarella, provolone, parmesan, and homemade ragu.

20140909_191917_zpskqrp1awp.jpg

20140909_192334_zpsuhufxd92.jpg

It was good.

When I meet you if you are not an Andre the Giant sized person I am going to be in utter disbelief. A football sized calzone. Holy crap.

I've been wanting to find some hand made Ravioli, but no one does it around here. I guess I am going to have to do it myself. haha Should be interesting.

When I meet you if you are not an Andre the Giant sized person I am going to be in utter disbelief. A football sized calzone. Holy crap.

Split it with the wife. She ate half of her half and was stuffed. I managed to eat all of mine. I wish I was Andre the Giant sized, that would mean I could eat a lot more! I'm 6'0" 180 lbs.

I've been wanting to find some hand made Ravioli, but no one does it around here. I guess I am going to have to do it myself. haha Should be interesting.

Send me a PM if you want advice on the mold, pasta roller, recipes, etc.

• 2 weeks later...

Picked up some awesome Japanese Miyazaki A5 filets along with a tower of prime dry aged goodness.

20140919_155321_zpsxhvva3sm.jpg

20140919_155448_zpslw2jgqfb.jpg

Had to make room so I fired up some Australian wagyu strips on Friday. Couldn't believe how good they were.

20140919_193944_zpshjh0wngt.jpg

Pulled pork that was smoked for twelve hours last weekend.

20140915_192037_zpsl7mzecki.jpg

I was craving Chili, so I made some. Here is a shot of the pot before simmering for 6 hours.

post-7086-1411351205_thumb.jpg

Its good to know that the majority of us eat pretty damn well on a regular basis!

But then some of you take it to the next level and eat much better then the rest of us

God Damn AudiBull, you are killing me here!

I'm sure the feeling would be mutual if I was looking at your beach pics right now. :icon_thumleft:

I was craving Chili, so I made some. Here is a shot of the pot before simmering for 6 hours.

Chili looks good! I was talking about making chili two days ago. Must be the weather and change of season.

• 3 weeks later...

Great work!

I've been struggling to get the motivation and be creative in the kitchen lately. Trying to read some blogs and articles but lets face, if you cook for yourself it does kind of suck.. The company and the joy of prepping dinner for friends/family is the main thing IMHO.

Great lunch (for two).

20140927_141122_zps3wxkhegt.jpg

Made some udon shrimp last night. Super spicy and very good.

20141007_190802_zpsddximxkx.jpg

I don't eat dessert often but this was pretty good.

20140927_205211_zpsyf7izgo9.jpg

I refuse to believe you aren't at least 200 kg!! :lol2:

I already accused him of being built like a sumo wrestler! He denied it!!!!!

Audibull, here's a challenge for you:

what food are you NOT good at cooking? :icon_mrgreen:

That's easy! Bad food. :icon_mrgreen:

Great work!

I've been struggling to get the motivation and be creative in the kitchen lately. Trying to read some blogs and articles but lets face, if you cook for yourself it does kind of suck.. The company and the joy of prepping dinner for friends/family is the main thing IMHO.

Even though I don't use them for recipes very often, magazines and cookbooks tend to inspire my creativity more than anything else. I have to agree though, if I am just cooking for myself it tends to be simple and easy. Cooking for and with other people is what makes it fun.

I already accused him of being built like a sumo wrestler! He denied it!!!!!

I should have proposed a friendly wager before I took this. First time I've been on a scale in months. Still right at my fighting weight. :tyson:

20141009_065534_zpslrurphqa.jpg