AudiBull

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That's easy! Bad food. :icon_mrgreen:

Even though I don't use them for recipes very often, magazines and cookbooks tend to inspire my creativity more than anything else. I have to agree though, if I am just cooking for myself it tends to be simple and easy. Cooking for and with other people is what makes it fun.

I should have proposed a friendly wager before I took this. First time I've been on a scale in months. Still right at my fighting weight. :tyson:

20141009_065534_zpslrurphqa.jpg

Now put the other leg on the scale.

I should have proposed a friendly wager before I took this. First time I've been on a scale in months. Still right at my fighting weight. :tyson:

20141009_065534_zpslrurphqa.jpg

I need an independent observer :icon_mrgreen:

Hahaha! Fortis what we don't know is he is on an exercise bike right now typing his responses to us!

Hahaha! Fortis what we don't know is he is on an exercise bike right now typing his responses to us!

He won't reply for few hours he's away running a mini marathon :icon_mrgreen:

Great work!

I've been struggling to get the motivation and be creative in the kitchen lately. Trying to read some blogs and articles but lets face, if you cook for yourself it does kind of suck.. The company and the joy of prepping dinner for friends/family is the main thing IMHO.

Ive been cooking mainly for myself lately. I ended up eating Chili for a week and a half, maybe a hair longer. I was sick of it by the end. I know you can freeze it, but I had no space for it.

:lol2: ^That looks good! Just finished running ten consecutive four minute miles. I need some lunch.:bleh:

VCR, I just thought about it and vegan and raw are also things I struggle with. Mostly because I haven't tried and have a moral problem with them.

BLK, I can agree on the getting burnt out feelings. I have a huge deep freezer and I don't know how I ever made due without one! Did an inventory of it yesterday and found all kinds of stuff I had completely forgotten about.

VCR, I just thought about it and vegan and raw are also things I struggle with. Mostly because I haven't tried and have a moral problem with them.

Fair enough. Not a fan of either as well so all good. :icon_thumleft:

BLK, I can agree on the getting burnt out feelings. I have a huge deep freezer and I don't know how I ever made due without one! Did an inventory of it yesterday and found all kinds of stuff I had completely forgotten about.

This weekend I am going to buy a deep freezer and a sealer thing(I know they have a name but its spacing me). There are so many meat specials all the time that if I had space to store them I would take advantage of.

Smoking a pork loin this weekend. Apple and Pecan wood!

No pictures, but I smoked some Pork Loin this weekend. Using Apple and Pecan wood. It was awesome!

No pictures, but I smoked some Pork Loin this weekend. Using Apple and Pecan wood. It was awesome!

Sounds good!

I had nothing major planned last weekend, but somehow it turned into a pretty good weekend food wise.

Made some crab and corn chowder. Roosted red peppers, corn, shitake, onion, carrot, bell peppers, jumbo lump blue crab, seafood stock, heavy cream, crispy prosciutto, fresh herbs, bourbon barrel smoked paprika.

20141010_201636_zpsibrssx8h.jpg

A good dinner out with friends and family.

A dish that still baffles me even though I've had it at least ten times. Lobster salad topped with an egg that is wrapped in potato strings and deep fried, yet is still runny and perfect on the inside. Topped with a caviar cream sauce. My pic sucks.

20141011_222042_zps9lvbfqet.jpg

Here's a better one that isn't mine.

HENy4BErwTYsAR.jpg

Squab and pork belly with Miso Caramel, Cranberry Beans and Sweet Potato Gel

20141011_220418_zpsni6oi3lh.jpg

Braised Artichokes, French Curry, Fried Mussels, Radishes and Rice Cracker

20141011_220454_zpskubvhg0r.jpg

Sweet Potato Soup, King Crab, Pear Mostarda, Cocoa Nibs and Jalapeño

20141011_222055_zpscnqekwod.jpg

Butternut Squash Tart, Fall Greens, Mission Figs, Pumpkin Seeds, Dried Cranberries and Port Wine Vinaigrette

20141011_222108_zpsqbsv5suo.jpg

Tapbleside Chateubriand service is oldschool and always awesome.

20141011_223626_zpslzxt5kc3.jpg

Lamb loin, English Peas,‏ Wheat Berry Matignon, Yogurt Poached Carrots and Jerez Sauce.

20141011_223958_zpssxs0kjif.jpg

Crispy skin black bass, Cipollini Onions,‏ Sweetbreads, Snow Peas and Verjus Sauce

20141011_224021_zpsq72kgoe7.jpg

Dessert.

20141011_232355_zpssss5vtzu.jpg

Got out a Miyazaki A5 ribeye.

20141013_175054_zpsgjotpr2o.jpg

Sliced some and then chopped it into tartare. This pic really shows the crazy marbling.

20141013_180814_zps9yxeieoe.jpg

Sides: Carrots and peas with onion and Thai basil, last of the melon from the garden with mandarin orange, mint, honey vinegar and olive oil, foie gras, tartare, rice topped with foie fat, swiss chard with bell peppers, onions, and shitakes, assortment of pickkes.

20141013_184938_zpsowctwtrc.jpg

Seared the meat tableside.

20141013_185618_zps6wudexsa.jpg

20141013_190638_zpsd5lyqet8.jpg

The perfect bite. Carmelized onion, shitake, foie, soft quail egg, rare steak, wasabi, good soy sauce.

20141013_191340_zpsmx9csj99.jpg

Meat coma time.

I know its against the most sacred of LPs rules but how are you not a chef in real life???? Mind blown every single time you post food pictures and stories.

I know its against the most sacred of LPs rules but how are you not a chef in real life???? Mind blown every single time you post food pictures and stories.

Horrible hours, crap pay (to start), it would probably kill my creativity, etc. If I was single I may have pursued it. As is, I would never see my wife. Totally different schedules. I have known and do know plenty who are in the industry. It is ruthless to say the least. I know enough to see clearly that putting together a nice meal at home and holding a whole kitchen together through a day of ordering, prep, dinner service, and then clean up is completely different.

• 2 weeks later...

Seared tuna with fried rice.

20141014_175334_zpskfchgcif.jpg

Another good reason to have a deep freezer. Deer season and good friends.:elf:

20141015_192931_zpssadvjbed.jpg

Seared and smoked a whole venison loin, then wrapped it with a maitake, shitake, oyster mushroom duxelle with fresh herbs, garlic, and foie and black truffle pate'. Venison Wellington.

20141019_174706_zpsrbeuqhmf.jpg

20141019_183822_zpsr1kdfpdu.jpg

20141019_184613_zpsqbiv279u.jpg

Mandatory burger per page

For some reason my productivity today plummeted after I ate this. Double meat, double cheese, double bacon.

20141024_110754_zpsk2mllfp6.jpg

Damn Pat where was the call on that one? Looks amazing.

Sorry brother, Matt shot the deer so he was in charge of invitations. Plenty more where that came from. It was the best venison ever. Super tender and great flavor.

• 1 month later...

Had a pretty good meal last night. Ordered some giant stone crabs for my mom's birthday and smoked some lamb. Homemade pumpkin gnocchi, roasted root veg, oyster and shitake mushrooms.

20141219_155140_zpshes6wa5j.jpg

20141219_202548_zpsrq2ai9oa.jpg

Leftovers for breakfast.

20141220_130620_zpso1ujudfp.jpg

Sandwich for lunch. Schweinebauch (sausage stuffed smoked pork belly), blue cheese, sauerkraut, pickles, mustard, horseradish, muenster. It was good.

20141217_184225_zpsjgd7z8j3.jpg

Original plan was to meet some friends last night, at an Italian restaurant. And they have some amazing Lobster Ravioli. Plans changed to a place that is just bar food. Boring. Sad day.

Im sure some have Pot Belly around where you live. I had them today. Pretty good. Basic sandwich but quality ingredients.

I'm fcuking drunk at the moment, just made some shit to eat, ate it, and then did another serving of the same for me. But I could still eat that calzone from a couple of pages ago.

Damn this thread is wrong place to be atm...

• 1 month later...