So... Ebola...

Roman

Sounds like its gotten out... And the incubation period is up... The one saving grace with Ebola was it made the victim very sick, very fast.... Too sick too travel very far... Now theyre saying a 21 day incubation period.... Thats enough to travel all over the world before the onset of symptoms...

Hang on...

• Replies 989
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

fcuk Ebola, I'm just getting done fighting chickengunya for the last three weeks. At least Ebola is over with quick!

This is the fifth month of the outbreak. Incubation was up long ago. Hopefully it will stay isolated, but you never know. The survival rate has improved from 0% to 40%, so the point of care quality is getting better and treatment options are emerging.

Meh, I'm not worried. Since May I have been 1.5 miles away from Ebola, Yellow Fever, Small Pox, Sars, West Nile, the plague and every other fucked up pathogen known to man at the BU Biolab.

In all seriousness, there are concerns that those with ebola, etc, would do whatever they can to enter the US, UK, Germany, France or Canada for health care. That would suck.

All these mongoloids need to do is wash their fcuking hands and stop eating bush meat..but instead they'd rather pray and use witch doctor cures.

It would never spread far in the US. flights would be shut down. quarantines and superior hygiene would end it quickly. It would cause a scare and a mess but not on the scale they are dealing with it in Africa.

All these mongoloids need to do is wash their fcuking hands and stop eating bush meat..but instead they'd rather pray and use witch doctor cures.

It would never spread far in the US. flights would be shut down. quarantines and superior hygiene would end it quickly. It would cause a scare and a mess but not on the scale they are dealing with it in Africa.

The scary part is that three doctors have contracted it, including two Americans. They were all following protocol and using hazmat suits, gloves, goggles, mask, etc. They don't know how they got it. Lots of other aid workers had the same thing happen. Sneaky little fucker...

The scary part is that three doctors have contracted it, including two Americans. They were all following protocol and using hazmat suits, gloves, goggles, mask, etc. They don't know how they got it. Lots of other aid workers had the same thing happen. Sneaky little fucker...

That is very scary. SUPEREBOLA vs Mothara.. I can see the film version already

That's an oversimplification Rob.

Anyway yeah that's scary shit. My former doctor moved his whole family to Africa to become a medical missionary. Last month he sent them back. He's still there fighting Ebola. Crazy.

http://www.vcstar.com/news/local-news/vent...iberia_70249795

^ Brave man, but fcuk that!

That is very scary. SUPEREBOLA vs Mothara.. I can see the film version already

The film version would be Mothra getting sick and then dying before any Japanese cities were harmed. Probably a box office dud.

Are reclusive computer nerds who mostly stay home to work on their lamborghini safe?

Are reclusive computer nerds who mostly stay home to work on their lamborghini safe?

hahahaha

Was watching on "O'Reilly," the M.D. he had on said that Ebola is actually not that deadly so long as a person gets proper treatment such as I.V. fluids and so forth, the problem is that in these Third World countries where it breaks out, those types of treatment are generally not available. She also said that it doesn't spread like a flu virus, that you need direct contact with substances that have been infected by it, such as saliva, blood, vomit, etc...that it isn't an airborne virus.

Was watching on "O'Reilly," the M.D. he had on said that Ebola is actually not that deadly so long as a person gets proper treatment such as I.V. fluids and so forth, the problem is that in these Third World countries where it breaks out, those types of treatment are generally not available. She also said that it doesn't spread like a flu virus, that you need direct contact with substances that have been infected by it, such as saliva, blood, vomit, etc...that it isn't an airborne virus.

I still don't want to bleed from my ears and eyes.

I still don't want to bleed from my ears and eyes.

She said back in the 1990s there was a person who contracted Ebola and then traveled from Africa to Switzerland and they were then immediately cured with proper treatments.

She said back in the 1990s there was a person who contracted Ebola and then traveled from Africa to Switzerland and they were then immediately cured with proper treatments.

FYI. There is NO cure for Ebola. Some people can survive it better than others because their immune system may be able to fight it. Proper ICU support can help you survive it, but that's all. No medications currently exist that fight Ebola. There is no vaccine either.

Tricky little bastard... with a longer incubation period and being less lethal has increased its ability to infect more people so its evolution has done what many in the 90's feared when it first came onto the media's radar...will the next evolutionary leap may be ability to transfer via airborne particles?

Treatable or not, no way would I want to get that bastard...people still die of the flu and many people scoff at the thought of being laid out by the flu.

FYI. There is NO cure for Ebola. Some people can survive it better than others because their immune system may be able to fight it. Proper ICU support can help you survive it, but that's all. No medications currently exist that fight Ebola. There is no vaccine either.

There was a guy at the bar I was having lunch at talking about Ebola. Said its difficult to catch and when I told him about the guy being flown to Germany to be treated he wasnt worried. Said the reason its contracted so much in third world countries is because of their sanitation. People sleep and shit in the same place according to him. I cant comment, I think those countries are worse than third world(or countries that are considered 3rd arent actually 3rd) and I would never visit.

If bodily fluids transmit it then wouldn't that mean it could be a STD? And we all know how much people like to fcuk. And they arent even sure thats the only way to catch it. People who clean the dead bodies in suits have contracted it. And Doctors who are probably the most concerned about being clean have, rumor is the top Ebola Doctor is the one they want to fly to Germany. Only reason I see to take this enormous risk/gamble is if they have some type of promising treatment in mind that will cure this. Guy at the bar agreed with this statement.

Not that deadly? That doctor is so full of shit. There's now an open position in Sierra Leone if he would like to volunteer instead of jaw jacking about it form the comfort of a studio in 'Merica.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2...ebola/13340755/

Three doctors who were dressed in bio suits have now caught it. I'd say it's obviously pretty contagious regardless of what they say about it not being very contagious. 65% who catch it die. No cure, no vaccine. You only treat the symptoms and pray. And it's a slow painfull death where you bleed out. I'll pass.....