Lamborghini Asterion

HannibalACP82

As much as I like the Blue Elektra shade, I couldn't resist having some fun:

Lowered and fitted with ADV.1 wheels:

10_2014_s1280.jpg

More shades : Lamborghini LPI910-4 Asterion, the shades

As usual, if you want to see a special shade let me know ... the template is ready so changing the color is relatively easy now.

Awesome job. I didn't like the look at all, but your last rendering changed that. I love it lowered on ADVs.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

any car lowered with super big wheels looks better than stock... lol. The car though visually is not really appealing to me at all. the nose looks to high and feels off imho... i thought of the alfa montreal when i saw it...

Alfa_Romeo_Montreal_White.jpg

I didn't love it when I first saw the photos of it, but in watching the videos it somehow looks *really* cool when you see more of a live, three-dimensional view. I mostly like it a lot. I think the front end is a little too upright and blocky, and the headlights could be more aggressive, and maybe they could add some more minor details to the tail end to make it slightly more interesting/aggressive, but I think it's overall lines and stance are pretty darn sexy.

I have looked at this car a few times today on different sites,

ITS THE UGLIEST POS LAMBO I EVER SAW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Honest to God WTF are they thinking,

I have looked at this car a few times today on different sites,

ITS THE UGLIEST POS LAMBO I EVER SAW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Honest to God WTF are they thinking,

I agree, does nothing for me either. But I cant afford one so what does my opinion mean?

I don't see any prices. How much are they going to ask for it?

I think this was just a design exercise to showcase some new tech......

The Lamborghini Asterion concept car ist very beautiful and elegant. It's one of the best looking cars from this brand. I hope this car will get into production! Well done Lamborghini!

I'm still processing it but initial reaction is that I like it. For those that are complaining, just realize that this is the first non double wedged Lambo has come out with in a long time. They've been making a knife non stop since they dropped the Jalpa while Porsche continues refining a 1963 design as their mainstay. Not hard to consistently look good when you take the easy way out. You want change, something different......it's gonna be tough. :icon_thumleft:

:iamwithstupid:

i would take that ass over the car any day. The more i look at the car the uglier it seems to get. I don't get it. I hope this is just a show of new tech and they don't make this thing.

"Lamborghini CEO 'Pissed' Because He Loves The Asterion, Hates Hybrids"

http://jalopnik.com/lamborghini-ceo-pissed...on-h-1642343433

Interesting scoop.

Edit;

So it doesn't look like it's happening:

"As drawn as we are to this idea of a stately and immensely powerful hybrid, capable of going 30 miles on battery power alone and cruising the Autostrade at top speeds, Winkelmann doesn’t see it happening. “I strongly believe that this is not a car that will be in production and we will not do it,” he said. Though he did suggest that elements of the hybrid technology could find its way into Lamborghini’s potential third model, an SUV, where, as he said, it would be “easier in terms of packaging–the extra weight percentage-wise in a vehicle like that is less relevant than on a light car like the super sports cars.”

Interesting indeed. Thanks for the link, MR-S8.

All jokes aside, Winkelmann is quite a smart guy --- answering all the questions without answering anything at all.

I wonder if the Asterion is actually a rolling test bed for the next Audi flagship car and/or a variant of the Mulsanne hybrid concept. One way or the other, the drive-train would probably find its way into at least one of the flagship cars in the VAG line-up.

Perhaps it's just me but I find the majority of new cars don't photograph well; at least not initially. Even the first Aventador pics were not that great until the real thing was seen and as the car became more available, people learned to adopt the best angle to photograph the car. The Asterion looks very nice at some angle, at others, not so much. Nice and welcoming concept but I think I still prefer the Estoque overall.

any car lowered with super big wheels looks better than stock... lol. The car though visually is not really appealing to me at all. the nose looks to high and feels off imho... i thought of the alfa montreal when i saw it...

I think you must be eligible to win some sort of prize for managing to attach a negative connotation to the Alfa Montreal.

(Possibly a strait jacket. :P)

• 7 months later...