Next generation of Ford GT is coming!

Nath4N

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree that the V6 is kind of disappointing, but 1) did you hear that thing?!? and 2) think GTR.. :icon_mrgreen:

GTR is exactly what I think and that is not a supercar.

Love the look of the car, one of the best looking new cars I've seen in a while. Not seeing the Asterion comparison, I think the blue paint is throwing you guys off.

Not crazy about the V6 either, the GT really needs to have a V8.

:iamwithstupid:

Seriously having a problem thinking of any better looking car on the market right now. Of course, the production-spec car may vary. I would personally prefer the exhaust along the diffuser and the interior is a bit dull but the car is a home run. I hope they bring this to the NY Auto Show in April.

Looks AMAZING. Bravo Ford. Needs some ADV wheels; I'll take mine in black or charcoal grey please.

Very exciting. Hope it makes the Chicago Auto show in Feb.

Start up at 3:20. (Doesn't sound like a V-6 to me, in a good way)

I've got to get on the list for this thing. It's insane. If it didn't have a Ford logo on it, I could have mistaken it for something of a Lambo. Has that sharp angular crazy design features. Almost has something of a Veneno look to it in the side and rear angle shot.

GTR is exactly what I think and that is not a supercar.

I was referring to performance.

I personally couldn't care less if its a 4 banger as long as it sounds good (which it does!) and it performs (which it probably will, which is why I said GTR, ie it's a 6 cylinder that is one of the quickest production cars)

The more I look at this car the nicer it looks. And that V6 sounds pretty damn good.

:iamwithstupid:

I just emailed a Ford dealer here. Something I never ever thought I would do :shock:

Car looks amazing, especially that rear! I surprised how good the six sounds, maybe they will pull off introducing a six banger successfully into the super car ranks. Tough thing to do.

All evidence points towards limited production nowhere near the 4000 units of the FGT. Expect around $400k before insane Ford dealer markups in most markets and no loyalty program for past FGT buyers. The toughest pill to swallow is the most likely power plant, a TTV6 Ecoboost...

I'm most excited to see the power train. Dual clutch seems like a given nowadays but if it is a TT six banger, it will be very interesting to see how it is received in the marketplace, regardless of power level.

CHADW, after reviewing the thread I saw that you pretty much hit the nail on the head with the power plant and gearbox, probably even pricing.

400gs would be great too, would cut out a significant amount of people in the market for one.

There are a fuckload of rich rednecks in this country who will gladly drop 200-400gs on this and not even consider a Ferrari, Lambo, or Porsche.

I'm reading that the v6 was chosen because of the racing class that would put the car in. Anyone else hear that?

I heard the same. I mean they did chose the V6 over the FCP V8 for a reason.

There you have it.. If you think the value of the current GT is going down you are crazy.. v8 power 6 speed manual. Now twin v6.. Nothing wrong with the change, but it solidifies the 05-06 GT in history. IMO

I like the new car. Would love to see it in person, but the 05-06 is classic.

Love the looks. Really makes the '05 FGT look very old. However, I must admit that it will keep the FGT prices high; which is unfortunate as I would like to buy a FGT but nowhere close to where they are priced now.

V6TT sounds pretty good in the videos at idle, but lets see how the turbos take away the sound during acceleration. Its a major point for me. To be a real supercar for the road it has to be V10 or V12 for me. Whatever the racing excuses are, Jim G (Jota) has also put a W12 TT as option for the road car, so that says enough.

The V8 flat plane crank engine of the GT350 with twin turbos would putting out 800hp in this body would have been worth 400k.