1991 Diablo on CL $79K

bxtech

Ran across this on CL. A little too accessorized for my tastes and a has number of drawbacks imo........but it may fit someone's "needs". I'm personally not a fan of the wheels, pin striping or the side logo. Price is on the lower side, but looks to have a rebuilt title and also needs a clutch. Probably not such a good deal after all of the needed work gets done! Looks like the owner is open to offers though.

http://palmsprings.craigslist.org/cto/4705074388.html

===============================================================

DIABLO LAMBORGHINI 1991 SPECTACULAR CAR - $79000

1991 lamborghini odometer: 26200 fuel : gas transmission : manual title status : rebuilt

1991 Lamborghini Diablo automobile , ITALIAN MADE beautiful black with red exterior , black & red interior $15000 in Custom Asanti wheels , odometer showing 42000km which equals 26000 miles, car looks and runs great,( clutch will slip if you accelerate fast) but normal driving its fine) last owner owned car 15 yrs. I have clean Nevada Rebuilt title in hand in my name ( no sales tax for private sale in Nevada) $79,000.-Thank you , obo

Wow, that poor thing. Needs some serious lovin'. What's up with the driver's seat -- it looks to be pulled forward and bent backwards against its will. Who rides 'thug in a 20yo Lamborghini?

Image1.jpg

Wow, that poor thing. Needs some serious lovin'. What's up with the driver's seat -- it looks to be pulled forward and bent backwards against its will. Who rides 'thug in a 20yo Lamborghini?

Image1.jpg

"Who rides 'thug in a 20yo Lamborghini?" Well at least one other.

LiveLeak_dot_com_eac_1388075621_LAMBOBURRIED.jpg.resized.jpg

The wheels are hideous (easy fix). The red striping doesn't bother me that much. Salvage title and needed repairs are what is really holding this car back. This car represents the bottom of the Diablo market. Cars like this will always be out there. How low they go in price is an indicator for the rest of the market. Either cars like this will drag the Diablo market down, or the strength of the market will lift prices on cars like this up. Let's hope for the latter.

Way, We bought that car and sold it several years ago. The man wanted to be buried inside with the car, however, the state law wouldn't allow it. We did a fresh interior and sold.

Abolfaz owned that car as well (shortly after the DEATHFUNK IIRC). I wonder where it ended up?

Way, We bought that car and sold it several years ago. The man wanted to be buried inside with the car, however, the state law wouldn't allow it. We did a fresh interior and sold.

Who told you that? The guy who owned the car was a client of mine, his widow quickly realized the financial consequences of burying him in it and changed her mind despite his wishes to be buried in it. Ironically before he died he even told me that if he ever died, he wanted be buried in the car.

After you guys redid the interior, it ended up back in miami @ Prestige where Irv David threw out your interior and redid the interior in the original livery.

• 2 months later...

This car was listed last week for $55,000 and sold for $47,000. It was listed as an estate sale on craigslist. It has changed hands at least a couple of times in the last 2 months. I agree with diabloking. This is a rescue mission.

Car has a rebuilt titlem needs a clutch, set of wheels, and bringing the car back to stock even at $50k is not worth it for the rebuilt title alone...just my .02

I wonder the extent of the accident as the square tube chassis looks fine from the few the pictures posted under the car and in the engine bay. Panel fit from the pics look OK too. I think $50K is cheap for this car. Drive it and enjoy it, you cant even buy a (boring) E350 Benz for $50k.

• 5 months later...

Anyone ever heard of what ever happened with this car? Apparently it did sell to someone as we haven't seen it for sale again. I would be curious to hear if it ever got saved or how the project is coming along.

Here's a link to the last auction that ended on February 19: http://www.ebay.com/itm/1991-Lamborghini-D...=p2047675.l2557

http://s1154.photobucket.com/user/carsinba...rt=3&page=1

• 3 weeks later...