Go Go Power Rangers!

Roman

Actor Ricardo Medina, most known for playing the Red Power Ranger arrested for killing his room mate. With a fcuking Samaraii Sword!

Well... that's definitely the strangest news of the day.

When I was a kid, in England, the other kids always made me the green ranger, because he was supposedly always the first one to die, lol. Probably because I was a Yankee! ;) Kids are mean.

But seriously, killed his room mate with a Samurai sword?!

Didn't the Blue Ranger kill a couple people on a boat?

"Former Power Ranger Actor Convicted of Triple Murder "

By Stephen M. Silverman 10/21/2008 AT 10:05 AM EDT

Skylar Deleon, a former child actor who had a non-speaking role on TV's Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers, was convicted in an Orange County, Calif., courtroom Monday of three counts of first-degree murder, including the deaths of a couple he tied to an anchor and threw off their yacht.

Deleon, 29, was convicted of killing Prescott, Ariz., couple Tom Hawks, 57, and his wife Jackie, 47, who were last seen on Nov. 15, 2004, after departing on a test run to sell their 55-ft. yacht, the "Well Deserved."

He is also charged with slitting the throat of – and scamming $50,000 from – John Jarvi, 45, of Anaheim, Calif., whose body was left near a roadway in Ensenada, Mexico, on Dec. 27, 2003.

Ryan Hawks, Tom Hawks's son, called the verdict a "warm up" for the penalty phase, which is scheduled to begin Wednesday, the Associated Press reports. "It felt like a little tiny piece of the puzzle was put in justice," said Hawks.

Deleon's attorney, Gary Pohlson, conceded at the start of the trial, "Skylar is guilty of all three murders, [but] at the end of this, I'm going to ask you to give him life without the possibility of parole as the appropriate sentence."

'Horrible, Horrible Life'

Explaining the call for leniency, Pohlson told reporters Monday, "He's had a horrible, horrible life" and that Deleon's father abused the boy and later died of AIDS. Pohlson also argued in court that his client was not the mastermind of the killings.

In the murder of the Hawkses, prosecutors said Deleon pretended to be interested in purchasing the vessel, took a test cruise on which he and two other men overpowered the couple, forced them to sign over the boat's ownership and then disposed of the couple in the Pacific.

The Hawkses' bodies were never recovered.

On another note:

"Guy Who Played the Red Power Ranger Murdered His Roommate Today: Cops"

Cops say a man known best for portraying the red Power Ranger murdered his roommate during a fight at their Los Angeles apartment Sunday.

Ricardo Medina, Jr., who played the red Ranger in several of the franchise films and television shows, was reportedly arguing with his roommate at their apartment in Green Valley on Sunday afternoon when things turned physical.

According to the LAPD, which confirmed the strange story in a press release, Medina "retreated to his bedroom with his girlfriend," but the victim, Joshua Sutter, "followed them and forced the door open."

Then Medina allegedly stabbed Sutter once in the stomach "with a sword kept next to the bedroom door."

Sutter was transported to a hospital and pronounced dead.

Medina was reportedly booked on murder charges and has not posted his $1 million bail.

[image via AP]

I always wanted a Samurai sword.

So what's stopping you? :icon_mrgreen:

On a different note, terrible and tragic news for all parties by all means. But I never get these shows --- not the story of the Power Rangers, LOL, but the fact that US production companies bought the original Japanese series; crafted the North American versions of them by hiring North American actors to play the "normal/untransformed" state of the Ranger characters in a North American environment/set (and with storyline even cornier than the original Japanese versions); and then spliced all the action scenes from the Japanese versions into them (so poorly done that the lighting, background and physique of the same characters are so obviously different). What gives?

So what's stopping you? :icon_mrgreen:

Come to think of it nothing really, I haven't actually started looking, I want to buy one with some historical significance or at least some good history behind it.

That Skyler one was a real piece of shit, was on dateline the other night. A retired couple bought a boat to retire on, then wanted to sell it because they had a grandchild and wanted to be close to the kid. They pretended to be prospective buyers, tied the couple up, made them sign over the boat deed and bank accounts a al Pain and Gain, and then threw the couple overboard. Hope he gets the go go purple power ranger up the ass in prison.