2006 Navigation

cscat

So when I purchased my 06 G, I assumed the car had navigation. I never had a reason to use it, so I never tried to. Today I hit the "Nav" button, and it said "Navigation not installed". From dealing with similar messages with other cars such as BMWs, I assumed all that was missing was a disc to insert to get it running. I had an appointment to bring the car in for service at Lamborghini Long Island today anyway, so I figured I'd ask them about it and get the disc while I was there. Later on, the service guy calls me and says the car is ready, but that the car isn't equipped with navigation so there is no way to get it without spending big $ to retrofit the system. Not all that important to me, so it didn't matter. But I am wanting to ask the community if this is true or not. Its hard to believe that a car of this caliber would cheap out by sticking the same screen and buttons in all cars, regardless of its options. The car has a back-up camera and works just fine, radio works great as well. Is there really not some sort of software to get the navigation functioning, or is it really a big ordeal to activate that feature? Thank you in advance.

You're lucky you didn't get an 05 which still had a cassette deck. The units are horrible and even with the nav activated, it's such a crappy nav you're better off using your cell phone. That being said look at the thread I'm linking. ag02m5 can unlock it for you.

http://www.lambopower.com/forum/index.php?...=Rns+navigation

Thanks Assman.

You are right. All radios are the same - just software. I can unlock it via some software coding tricks...much much more effective than buying a new radio.

• 3 weeks later...

I want to thank Ryan (Ag02M5) for installing navigation in my radio. I got it back from him today, re-installed the radio, and the navigation works great. I was very glad that I made this thread and was referred to using his services. I would recommend him to other owners looking to add nav to their cars that were not optioned with it.

F4F7C21B-BF2E-4A79-B9D2-A7454DD44310.jpg

Awesome. Glad you like it. If anyone has any questions about the stock radios, drop me a pm.

I agree the stock nav isn't great but it looks good in the dash and adds value to the car at resale. Since you can add aux, bluetooth, external amp via rca, aux, etc. it is my favorite option.

Interested. could you PM me I have some questions I have a 2006, but I think maybe my disc is bad? How can I tell if its the disc or my car isnt "enabled"

• 1 month later...

I needed a RNS-E Nav unit to bring my car back to stock. I found AG02M5 on this board and one of his ads on eBay (aganniechen22) and bought one. Very standup guy, unit arrived quickly and he assisted me in getting it up and running. :icon_thumleft:

Interested. could you PM me I have some questions I have a 2006, but I think maybe my disc is bad? How can I tell if its the disc or my car isnt "enabled"

Pm sent.

• 1 month later...

I have an unlocked RNSE Nav head unit with bluetooth $500.00 I paid please check with our franchised lamborghini dealer sponsors 800 to update it unlock it and prep it.