2016 R8

Davvemannen

I agree with you and so would anyone with a brain :icon_thumleft:

The difference between a new R8 and a new Huracan is about 30K Euro in most parts of Europe, my Spyder costs more than a Huracan Coupe. So the 100K number is wrong on the other side of the pond.

But it doesn't matter, since the R8 is still the better allround car for the money, regardless what lameass R8 haters say :icon_thumleft:

I dont even know why i bother....but here goes.....

I dont hate the R8. I actually am quite fond of the looks and think all around it is a fantastic car. I just think it falls into a sort of gap of the type of car it is and where it should be. Its too muted. Not enough excitement. It happens....

Anyone with a brain would be able to understand that perspective......

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont even know why i bother....but here goes.....

I dont hate the R8. I actually am quite fond of the looks and think all around it is a fantastic car. I just think it falls into a sort of gap of the type of car it is and where it should be. Its too muted. Not enough excitement. It happens....

Anyone with a brain would be able to understand that perspective......

Oh Kevin the only reason you don't hate the R8 is because its a damn Audi. Join the dark side and join team Benz!

For real though the R8 lacks any goddamn soul, lacks any inspiration, and does not compare to the Lamborghini sibling. The Lambo is the hot older sister that everyone wants, the the Audi is the chubbier sister that people settle for.

Oh Kevin the only reason you don't hate the R8 is because its a damn Audi. Join the dark side and join team Benz!

For real though the R8 lacks any goddamn soul, lacks any inspiration, and does not compare to the Lamborghini sibling. The Lambo is the hot older sister that everyone wants, the the Audi is the chubbier sister that people settle for.

:iamwithstupid: That pretty much sums it up. Shit I forget I ever owned an R8....

the Audi is the chubbier sister that people settle for.

So you're saying slowpoke is a die heart chubby chaser? :icon_mrgreen:

As a DD Audi always rules for me, they build some insane sleepers the thing I like the most is that they are understated, a RS6 Avant in the eyes of a non car person is standing out less than a new C Class and I love that!

Hurrican't underneath, just as ugly body on top :lol2:

The facelifted R8 V10 (and probably/hopefully the new one) isn't ugly :tyson: :tyson: :tyson: :lol2:

I was just hoping for something brand new, this looks to much like the current model..

The facelifted R8 V10 (and probably/hopefully the new one) isn't ugly :tyson: :tyson: :tyson: :lol2:

I was just hoping for something brand new, this looks to much like the current model..

That means you don't have to buy the latest model thus saving you money.

Oh who am I kidding, you will buy it anyway and add it to the list of 3million R8s you have owned.

That means you don't have to buy the latest model thus saving you money.

Oh who am I kidding, you will buy it anyway and add it to the list of 3million R8s you have owned.

:icon_mrgreen: :icon_butt:

It's funny, although the R8 V10 Spyder wasn't the most exciting car to drive that I've owned--it amazes me out of my friends/acquaintances how many people still comment it was their favorite of all the cars I've owned. Don't know what exactly it is, but that car's design really spoke to a lot of "non-car" people. I have to admit, looking at pics of it now, it wasn't bad looking! And it really woke up with the custom exhaust......

FB9A40E8_BD2C_4C61_9AC5_FBC1A1E07429.JPG

F1D4D110_5376_4E2E_85C1_2B35E1377119.JPG

C14B47AB_1DAA_47B3_837A_1AEC87900125.JPG

It's funny, although the R8 V10 Spyder wasn't the most exciting car to drive that I've owned--it amazes me out of my friends/acquaintances how many people still comment it was their favorite of all the cars I've owned. Don't know what exactly it is, but that car's design really spoke to a lot of "non-car" people. I have to admit, looking at pics of it now, it wasn't bad looking! And it really woke up with the custom exhaust......

The S-Tronic V10 is an amazing car. Best daily-exotic on the planet IMO. Not the coolest, fastest or nicest looking, but the best.

Slap an exhaust on it = homesafe :icon_thumleft:

Supposed leak:

it doesn't work for me... the R8 was always a very "organic" design. curves, tear drop shapes, and organic headlight shape... i don't mind the new headlight design, but it doesn't work if the body doesn't get a more 'chiseled' or angular treatment like the huracan/aventador.

post-24272-1424185293.jpg

post-24272-1424185323.jpg

post-24272-1424185394.jpg

That is one clean looking R8. Love the wheels and the plate!

Supposed leak:

I love it! Looks AWESOME!

Supposed leak:

That's very neat, I like it. I like Audi's design language, I know many think it's boring, it looks effortless to me, unpretentious.

This thing dates the current R8 instantly.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg