675 allocation/offer to sell

g-force

recd this yesterday from McLaren bEVERLY hILLS:

Good Afternoon,

We just received our allocation from McLaren on the 675 LT/P11R. Four units in total is what we will receive so I wanted to send this out to you for the opportunity to secure one. The car will be very limited, amazing performance with over 660HP, over 200lbs lighter than the 650s, wider stance and a very aggressive front and rear fascia.

Qualifications to be able to obtain one will be that you must own a McLaren currently…preferably a 650s. Some exceptions to this can be made depending on the vehicles you currently own or have owned in the past.

If you are interested and would like to guarantee one of the four, please contact me at your earliest convenience to discuss. Each of the four units will be allocated on a first come, first serve basis to be fair to everyone.

Should you qualify, we will accept a $20,000 non-refundable deposit and will let you know when the time to come in and build it to your specifications.

Respectfully,

Rick Feldmann

General Manager

• 1 month later...

nice try and build up hype and some orders, like they really care what you've owned in the past, but I have a feeling these will not be hard to obtain....

I almost traded my 12C for a 650S coupe the other day, monster discounts available... I ended up extending the warranty on my 12C another 2 years instead....

Approx half the 675's still available.

I'd be shocked if BH only got 4 as other dealers are getting many more and I would assume they are one of the largest.

Qualifications to be able to obtain one will be that you must own a McLaren currently…preferably a 650s. Some exceptions to this can be made depending on the vehicles you currently own or have owned in the past.

Do you think they would make an exception for an F1 or P1 owner? ;)

Frankly, just by the tone of the correspondence I wouldn't get one. "Qualifications to be able to obtain one...", "Should you qualify..." What kind of BS is this? Mac took a page from Ferrari? So they are doing me a favour by willing to sell me a car if I qualify??!! Well I don't want to hold up the line; I'll pass and let some fortunate soul to indulge himself then. :rolleyes:

Respectfully,

Rick Feldmann

General Manager

Rick fcuking Feldmann. What a small world. My friends and I got him started in the car business 20 years ago selling customer's Porsches out of a corner of my friends Porsche repair shop. Amazing how he got from there to GM of Mclaren BH.

nice try and build up hype and some orders, like they really care what you've owned in the past, but I have a feeling these will not be hard to obtain....

I almost traded my 12C for a 650S coupe the other day, monster discounts available... I ended up extending the warranty on my 12C another 2 years instead....

They are flooding the market with these cars. In the end they are the same car with some minor changes.

They are flooding the market with these cars. In the end they are the same car with some minor changes.

same as Porsche, Lambo, Ferrari etc.. they all do this to sell cars

if you speaking about the 675lt i disagre. 500 cars worldwide including left and righthanddrive dont flood the market. 120 cars for europe. that isnt mutch.

hade already 2 personne to get my build slot vs some extra cash..

i do think the lt could keep its value pretty well

if you speaking about the 675lt i disagre. 500 cars worldwide including left and righthanddrive dont flood the market. 120 cars for europe. that isnt mutch.

hade already 2 personne to get my build slot vs some extra cash..

i do think the lt could keep its value pretty well

The 08 superleggera was produced in similar numbers. It has done ok but certainly nothing to write home about. I expect the McLaren to do worse. They will inevitably come out with an even better, faster, whatever model in a few months when this one doesn't sell that well, just like every other version so far. And if for some reason the 675 is a hit, I doubt they will hold at 500. If they do, again, they will come out with the 685 or something else to put the resale of the last model in the shitter. They are worse than Lamborghini at screwing over customers.

im on my 2nd mac and I couldnt be happier!

they make an excellent product that nothing comes close to IMO

I do wish resale was better, but I think we have seen the worst of it. I have friends that

bought new aventadors that are 100-125k behind with a few thousand miles. same with 458's

so I don't think this is uncommon unfortunately..

The 08 superleggera was produced in similar numbers. It has done ok but certainly nothing to write home about. I expect the McLaren to do worse. They will inevitably come out with an even better, faster, whatever model in a few months when this one doesn't sell that well, just like every other version so far. And if for some reason the 675 is a hit, I doubt they will hold at 500. If they do, again, they will come out with the 685 or something else to put the resale of the last model in the shitter. They are worse than Lamborghini at screwing over customers.

What's weird is that the 2014 12c spider went to low $200,000 mark a lot sooner than 2013 12c spider! Who wants to pay $200,000 on a 2013 spider while you can get a newer 2014 spider?

What's weird is that the 2014 12c spider went to low $200,000 mark a lot sooner than 2013 12c spider! Who wants to pay $200,000 on a 2013 spider while you can get a newer 2014 spider?

agree, probably because they rolled out the 650 mid 14' which impacted resale is my guess.. but who knows