Hate when dogs get sick.

koenig928

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'll feel worse once the shock wears off....... Its very tough decision because its final. For now trying to put my mind on other things.

fcuk. So sorry to hear this, man. My 10 month pup goes under the knife for bilateral knee surgery tomorrow. Some shit called osteochondrosis. Total bummer. Again, very sorry for your loss.

He seemed to get better over the weekend and then went downhill starting yesterday. The vet re-tested the sample and it came back cancer. Cancer is very rough to treat. So made the decision to give up. He passed away this afternoon. Can't believe he is gone. He would have been seven in August.

:crybaby2: Sorry about your loss.

Sorry to hear man. :( Losing a beloved pet is one of the hardest things to deal with.

Thanks everyone....

Good luck with the knee surgery. Been through knee surgery two times with two different dogs. The recovery is a pain keeping them inactive while they heal.

Its getting rougher as the day goes on.

So sorry, my three guys ended up hospitalized last week for 2 days with hemorrhagic gastroenteritis. Thye have no idea why but the theory is it something in the damp earth of spring or fall cause that's when it usually happens. 5 grand later they are all fine but it could have been bad if I didnt hospitalize them and get them on IV for dehydration.

I always have 3 dogs so I never come home to an empty house but this time with all three sick I was thinking holy crap if I lose all three that will be devastating beyond belief.

They are 6years ,7 years and 10 months!

All 3 sick, that must have been scary. Glad they are o.k.

Out of four Rottweiler's, the two to live the longest, both rescues. So I'm thinking about checking out the local pound tomorrow. Did call a breeder I know this afternoon. He has a 3month old female. House is too empty. Every time I get up, I'm looking for Ty.

All 3 sick, that must have been scary. Glad they are o.k.

Out of four Rottweiler's, the two to live the longest, both rescues. So I'm thinking about checking out the local pound tomorrow. Did call a breeder I know this afternoon. He has a 3month old female. House is too empty. Every time I get up, I'm looking for Ty.

Thanks and a new puppy will ease the pain big time

A little depression set in. Part missing Ty, part having an empty house.

The few shelters near me are all nearly empty or empty of dogs. Guess its a good thing. One shelter that serves 3 towns only had one dog for adoption.

The people breeding Rottweiler's around here, well they should be shot. No really good breeders here. I have to go almost to Oregon for a breeder. If its another Rottweiler, has to look like one, be show quality, etc. If its a nice example will show it locally and in California. I also like German Shepherds and have a few local options. Saw two breeders yesterday and calling two more today.

pictured is Ty's father and that's what I expect to get when getting a Rottweiler! I might have to import a Rottweiler from Germany to get what I want.

post-212844-1432395149.png

Very sorry for your loss. It was the humane decision but very difficult to make (we had a similar situation with our Chessie).

Hoping you find just the right pup to adopt and love.

Thanks. Its always a tough decision. The alternative if his condition worsened would have been a lot worse for him. So it was the right one.

Well I've committed to a German Shepherd puppy. He can't be picked up until June 9th. He is German working lines. Both parents are IPO titles III the highest level. He's a very alert, smart, pup. Smartest male in the litter of eight.

My plan is to train this puppy and in a year or two import a Rottweiler. I tried looking at Rottweiler's today, a breeder has a 3month old female. But they just make me sad right now.

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks..... Lymphoma is a rough diagnosis. I hope the treatments keep working.

Treatments worked as long as they could... my little Princess went to doggy heaven on Saturday. :-(

Treatments worked as long as they could... my little Princess went to doggy heaven on Saturday. :-(

So sorry, but you must decide if your keeping the sick animal alive for him or yourself