Aventador SV goes under 7 minutes at Nurburgring

Hermes

I was wondering if this was a production street legal AWD record at Nurburgring, but I recall that the 918 is AWD as well.

It would be interesting to see what Chris Harris has to say now after his previous "poser car" opinion on Lamborgini.

Lamborghini should go back with an SV on Trofeo tires and blow away the 918 time.

LOL. I think Chris Harris is so overrated and it amazes me how many car fans I see hanging off of his nuts. I agree that I'd love to see what he has to say, though! Lamborghini's were never just meant as performance cars. They're complete works of art. They're in their own league.

I would love to see them score an even lower time!

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great time, but I have a feeling PZeros this car ran on might be a lot like the "PZeros" the Huayra used on Top Gear. Car is unusually fast for its power:weight ratio, although that doesn't mean everything. Also, anyone notice how in the video the timer starts at the end of the pits and stops at the beginning of the pits? Not really a full lap...

Great time, but I have a feeling PZeros this car ran on might be a lot like the "PZeros" the Huayra used on Top Gear. Car is unusually fast for its power:weight ratio, although that doesn't mean everything. Also, anyone notice how in the video the timer starts at the end of the pits and stops at the beginning of the pits? Not really a full lap...

The laps are timed that way because there is usually a safety speed limit for cars entering and exiting the pits. The 918 lap and the others on the list were all timed in the same fashion. Keeps the times comparable regardless if the lap was on a closed track or during an open session.

The laps are timed that way because there is usually a safety speed limit for cars entering and exiting the pits. The 918 lap and the others on the list were all timed in the same fashion. Keeps the times comparable regardless if the lap was on a closed track or during an open session.

At the ring it is known as Bridge to Gantry. They are the fixed benchmarks used for timing.

I'm sure those were very good tires but that's ok, that's a shockingly fast time! It's quicker than McLaren has been able to muster in the mighty P1.

It should help sell a bunch of SVs.

At the ring it is known as Bridge to Gantry. They are the fixed benchmarks used for timing.

This level of knowledge retention is truly admirable for someone who has suffered a traumatic brain injury. Keep fighting the good fight and don't let anyone label you or judge you as a "handiCap". :icon_mrgreen:

PS, I'm guessing that is also a term for what you administer to yourself on those long lonely nights.

This level of knowledge retention is truly admirable for someone who has suffered a traumatic brain injury. Keep fighting the good fight and don't let anyone label you or judge you as a "handiCap". :icon_mrgreen:

PS, I'm guessing that is also a term for what you administer to yourself on those long lonely nights.

If you only knew.

LOL. I think Chris Harris is so overrated and it amazes me how many car fans I see hanging off of his nuts. I agree that I'd love to see what he has to say, though! Lamborghini's were never just meant as performance cars. They're complete works of art. They're in their own league.

I would love to see them score an even lower time!

I said this long time ago, Chris Harris should learn how to drive like a real man not the pussy that he is, lol.

Amazing work Lamborghini and the driver!

I have been a strong supporter of this car from the moment it was released.

This highly impressive time at the ring underpins my judgement. :D Looks AND performance - what else do we want?

Now, where did I put last weeks euromillions lottery ticket?

I have been a strong supporter of this car from the moment it was released.

This highly impressive time at the ring underpins my judgement. :D Looks AND performance - what else do we want?

Now, where did I put last weeks euromillions lottery ticket?

Fwiw Tuesday's draw was won by someone not in the UK

Tires must be playing a huge part in this.

I don´t think a relatively small power bump and a little weight saving can go this far in terms of enhancing the performance.

What a monster! They need a more pro driver tho, I can totally see how he's afraid to push it hard on corners.

Lol, are you even serious?

Driver has obiously massive talent, composure and commitment. Comes clear after 4 minutes when the tyres start to be toast and he is still attacking it... car is same time flying and sliding everywhere.

Tires must be playing a huge part in this.

I don´t think a relatively small power bump and a little weight saving can go this far in terms of enhancing the performance.

Keep in mind this is a test done by the manufacturer. Manufacturer tests are almost always quicker than magazine test. The only other time available for an Aventador is 7:25 by SportAuto. SportAuto did a 7:13 with the Porsche 918 while Porsche themselves did a 6:57 (that's a 16 second difference!). Odds are, in the hands of the same people that got a 7:25 out of the LP700, the SV will likely do a 7:15-7:18 at best.

N-ring times aside, I'd kill for an Aventador SV, but its good to see that lambo can play the same games that Porsche, Nissan, Chevy, SRT, etc can play.

Makes me wonder what the 165 lbs lighter Veneno can do.

Not propably even close because it has horrible long overhang in front and would scrape everywhere.

Keep in mind this is a test done by the manufacturer. Manufacturer tests are almost always quicker than magazine test. The only other time available for an Aventador is 7:25 by SportAuto. SportAuto did a 7:13 with the Porsche 918 while Porsche themselves did a 6:57 (that's a 16 second difference!). Odds are, in the hands of the same people that got a 7:25 out of the LP700, the SV will likely do a 7:15-7:18 at best.

N-ring times aside, I'd kill for an Aventador SV, but its good to see that lambo can play the same games that Porsche, Nissan, Chevy, SRT, etc can play.

Or perhaps magazine people don't want to kill themselves trying :icon_mrgreen:

There is a difference in commitment, of course factories are out there to prove a point and they push everyone and everything to the limits, the fact that the car was capable doing the time it just did still remains, now in the hands of someone else at a different time, temperature, weather, traffic no traffic, etc. the times will be different, IMO that's the reason why in passenger cars lap times, quarter mile, 0-60, fuel consumption are purely done for marketing purposes, some manufacturers understate them some overstate them it depends on what their strategies are, in most cases it takes a very capable driver to achieve similar performance numbers or lately computers haha.

I am with you on the Veneno, I was thinking about that but I am afraid all those aero parts might fly off the car during a session at the ring but nevertheless it would be interesting to see.

Or perhaps magazine people don't want to kill themselves trying :icon_mrgreen:

There is a difference in commitment, of course factories are out there to prove a point and they push everyone and everything to the limits, the fact that the car was capable doing the time it just did still remains, now in the hands of someone else at a different time, temperature, weather, traffic no traffic, etc. the times will be different, IMO that's the reason why in passenger cars lap times, quarter mile, 0-60, fuel consumption are purely done for marketing purposes, some manufacturers understate them some overstate them it depends on what their strategies are, in most cases it takes a very capable driver to achieve similar performance numbers or lately computers haha.

I am with you on the Veneno, I was thinking about that but I am afraid all those aero parts might fly off the car during a session at the ring but nevertheless it would be interesting to see.

When I win the lottery and buy a Veneno, you can ride shotgun with me on the Nurbugring, Fortis! If anything flies off, I'll just need you to reach out the window and duck tape it back on. :D

Makes me wonder if any of it is actually functional or if it is just for looks. I think it's damn sexy, though!

Sounds like a deal Doc, I will even bring my own duck tape :icon_mrgreen:

post-7524-1431938155.jpg

because it works

post-7524-1431938195_thumb.jpg

That's hysterical! I think I just woke the wife up from laughing. :lol2:

Apparently it was on Trofeo R not corsas

The video description said "PZero Corsa development test" so maybe it was on the factory Corsas or a new version of that