FIFA arrests

capt_chaos

USA and Switzerland yesterday arrested and raided several senior FIFA officials. It is about time and actually glad that USA are intervening.

Russia has hit back with Putin saying

It has got nothing to do with the USA, It’s another attempt by USA to spread its jurisdiction to other states ... to prevent Mr Blatter to be re-elected as president.

Blatter is standing for a 5th term and at the time of writing has requested an emergency meeting.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-32917364

Key sponsors are making noises... This one is going to get like when jirre lost his virginity, dark dirty and very very complicated.

Definitely but the rot is deeper than one man with a Teflon arse

Qatar was a world cup, average summer temps 122 degrees, if that isn't a 100 foot high neon sign screaming corruption.....

Qatar was a world cup, average summer temps 122 degrees, if that isn't a 100 foot high neon sign screaming corruption.....

Exactly.

FIFA finally seems to have gotten what was coming for them for ages.

On the one hand I am glad that the US did something, on the other hand I find it scary that they can so easily arrest someone(yeah, yeah, I know, oficially it was the swiss) in a foreign country who is not a US citizen and bring them to their soils to judge them.

I think someone will squeal and a domino effect will happen which will see Blatter going to jail. Let's hope that the Qatar decision can be reversed too. I read somewhere that Qatar were going to spend $200 BILLION on all their infrastructure for the 2022 world cup.

Literally, no one in the US gives a shit . . . well, there may be like 7 or 8 people who care a little bit but that is it.

Literally, no one in the US gives a shit . . . well, there may be like 7 or 8 people who care a little bit but that is it.

With over 13 million people playing soccer and it being the third most played team sport in the US I would've guessed more than 7 or 8 but what do I know? Your sources might be better than mine :icon_mrgreen:

Sepp Blatter, president if FIFA has announced that he has resigned just days after winning an unprecedented fifth term. This amid a cloud of scandal and arrest!!! More to follow!!

I had a case of Sepp Blatter last fall. It cleared up with some antibiotics.

The astro turf thing was freaking insane, on that level of competition you can't fcuk with pros like that. I am hoping Quatar bid gets cancelled, and something is done to help Brazil