Murci manual gears value in 10 years from now, thoughts?

I don't think there will be a premium on the pre LP Murci's as they are common. LP manuals are rare and a better car, so yes if it is a good color combo.

I agree with you to a point. They are more common, but relative to the number of E-gears built to manuals they are still rare. Color will play a HUGE role in it too. The guys who want the manual LP, but can't afford it will go to the pre-LP and then supply and demand will put a premium on them. With more and more technology getting integrated into the cars, I love my Mucilage even more. People are appreciating how "simple" they are and the nostalgia behind the gated shifter is strong.

I think any manual Lambo is going to do fairly well. Gallardos will even pull a premium, then early Murcies, Diablos, SVs, countach, miura, etc. Still seems like there are barely ever many 02-03 Murcies on the market anyways.

I love this site...yeah Murcis are super common... I see them on every street corner :rolleyes:

There are three, 2 LP640s and 2 manuals, in the parking lot where I live and a two of them are members here. Shit is getting to be pedestrian. :lol2:

There are three, 2 LP640s and 2 manuals, in the parking lot where I live and a two of them are members here. Shit is getting to be pedestrian. :lol2:

I know of two people, who you know too Nick, who bought Murcis in the last month. Everyone and their mother's have one now.

I know of two people, who you know too Nick, who bought Murcis in the last month. Everyone and their mother's have one now.

I was just talking with my wife about how social media like IG has really crushed the magic of seeing an exotic; it seems way too easy to see any super rare car. When I was young and saw a cool car I'd beg my parents to turn around so I could take a closer look. Now days its just #murcielago and I can see just about every one made lol.

With the Egear in full swing, I wonder how difficult it would be to get parts for stick shift years down the road. I wouldn't be surprised that Lamborghini will charge an arm and a leg for parts that they don't manufacture anymore.

With the Egear in full swing, I wonder how difficult it would be to get parts for stick shift years down the road. I wouldn't be surprised that Lamborghini will charge an arm and a leg for parts that they don't manufacture anymore.

You are going to need a clutch and a throw out bearing....nothing too crazy.

I was just talking with my wife about how social media like IG has really crushed the magic of seeing an exotic; it seems way too easy to see any super rare car. When I was young and saw a cool car I'd beg my parents to turn around so I could take a closer look. Now days its just #murcielago and I can see just about every one made lol.

I think owning one and living in SoCal has skewed your view. Pics are pics, but in 99% of the country really seeing these cars is rare.

Does anyone know how many manuals were made each year?

I've been following the Ferrari and Lamborghini gated/manual shift market closely for several years. With the exception of the super exotics (Zonda, etc.), the manual shift LP640/LP670 cars are among the lowest production car model variants that I've ever seen. As the Ed Bolian blog post pointed out, there were only 23-25 manual LP640's and 670's brought into the United States in total. The known cars break down to 17 coupes and 7 roadsters, and at least one of those has a salvage title that I'm aware of, and others may have been lost to a wreck.

In a prior post on this forum (or maybe another Lamborghini forum) I read that Roy believes that there were no more than 5% produced in manual worldwide. So if you consider total LP640 roadster production of roughly 900, for example, that means there are probably only 45 -/+ in the entire world. While low production doesn't always translate into massive price appreciation, I do think that the combination of no more manual cars being produced, plus extremely low production, combined with a pretty widely-held passion for manual shift cars globally, will lead to steadily rising prices.

When I looked at Lamborghini Dallas' Oro Adonis coupe I thought it looked kind of high at first, now I think it may be cheap, or it certainly will look cheap in hindsight.

Agreed with the So Cal comments. The car scene is anything but discrete here, so being 2 blocks from Rodeo Drive only adds to the amount of exotics one can see on any given day. I'm right next door to Ferrari BH, so I'm spoiled in having already seen at least 5 La Ferr's in various colors.

Murci owners around town are very friendly and the manual owners are always getting offers on their cars. Seems like a decent bet to hold on to one going forward.

Not a manual...??

Lol. This reminds me, I hate searching on ebay or auto trader for manuals and ads list manual but they are egear. It's like half of the ads. Very annoying.

Lol. This reminds me, I hate searching on ebay or auto trader for manuals and ads list manual but they are egear. It's like half of the ads. Very annoying.

It is really annoying. List it as automatic, or semi-manual (if the site has that option), otherwise don't bother me by listing it as stick.

This.

It was funny. The oris actual manual one was listed as automatic.