Wanting to own a lambo in the future and what it takes

Rawr

You would be AMAZED how many people consider financing/payments the ONLY way to purchase a vehicle, at any cost. If you can afford the payment, you can afford the car, etc.

It's frightening.

I was raised with the mindset that if you cannot afford to buy it, you cannot afford it. The only acceptable debt was a house/mortgage. Although, this forum has taught me a lot about healthy debts in regards to things like investments and what not. Either way, I got rid of all unhealthy debts years ago. I cannot fathom even thinking about going back into them. The mentality scares me, and only drives up my anxiety because I imagine lack of freedom, and the thought of that terrifies me :lol2:

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You would be AMAZED how many people consider financing/payments the ONLY way to purchase a vehicle, at any cost. If you can afford the payment, you can afford the car, etc.

It's frightening.

Just for fun, I'd encourage everyone to ask their dealers about what percentage of buyers finance their cars. It's scary. They all do, even the doctors, professionals, athletes, etc. Everyone finances which is just a glimpse into how fragile the economy really is. I think my local Lamborghini dealer has only sold one car for cash to an end user EVER.

Just for fun, I'd encourage everyone to ask their dealers about what percentage of buyers finance their cars. It's scary. They all do, even the doctors, professionals, athletes, etc. Everyone finances which is just a glimpse into how fragile the economy really is. I think my local Lamborghini dealer has only sold one car for cash to an end user EVER.

Really? I figured it would be the exact opposite actually.

Prerequisite to buying a Lambo, for me at least, is that it forces you to think big and do big things. For me, that meant taking a career path that was risky. It might sound shallow but all I ever wanted was a Lambo growing up. Growing up I also read fairy tales about guys starting tech companies in their basements and then making a big exit. So I went down that path. I would never have gone down that path if I aspired to one day own an s2000. That isn't a bad thing. Also, doesn't seem like anyone in that thread mentions that "fun" is also a great reason. No one mentioned that the aventador is just sooooo sick as being a reason!!!

Prerequisite to buying a Lambo, for me at least, is that it forces you to think big and do big things. For me, that meant taking a career path that was risky. It might sound shallow but all I ever wanted was a Lambo growing up. Growing up I also read fairy tales about guys starting tech companies in their basements and then making a big exit. So I went down that path. I would never have gone down that path if I aspired to one day own an s2000. That isn't a bad thing. Also, doesn't seem like anyone in that thread mentions that "fun" is also a great reason. No one mentioned that the aventador is just sooooo sick as being a reason!!!

Doesn't sound shallow to me. Don't knock the S2000 unless you want to :tyson:

Dang, this kid never played monopoly?

He needs to buy park ave then the car comes with it, plus some free parking :D .

That is an interesting situation. I think a couple years of saving and he can be there, easy if he plays it smart. He's in a great position to be comfortable in his 30s with a Lambo and house paid in full as long as he controls those urges to splurge.

This kid being 22 and getting a $100k salary out of the gate is like giving a 8 year old a $5 bill and them wanting purchase every piece of candy in the store. Do you fight the instant gratification and wait for the greatness that awaits if you can do that? Or spend all $5 and be SOL?

Depends on priorities. How much are his expenses? Does he have any other goals? How secure is his job?

Even if I had the cash, let's say $200k, you always think of what else you can do with it :( . Much more positive things you can do in the world than buy a Lambo.

I mean, if he is really passionate about cars and REALLY cares for it that much, f it, he's young, that's the best time to do it! Just hope he pays cash, it SUCKS working for bills. Working to pay bills is modern day slavery IMO.

Doing it before owning your own place to live is asinine .

This is always a topic among my circle of peers and friends. The debate is endless because we all come from different walks of life.

The real savvy and wealthy ones seem to steer me in the same direction. Never use your first loan to buy property for your primary home, unless it's a multi-unit property. Always buy income property in the beginning because you can always practice being a landlord and an owner at the same time, your goal to building up equity doubles essentially and then you're in a position to refi and do it again. After a few go-rounds with this, you're ready to take down the big apartment building.

On and on this goes until you have reached your own personal and financial goals. You just have to know truly what your own investment philosophy is. This is simply the most proven way to accumulate wealth. My office is next door to Ferrari here in Beverly Hills, and let me tell you, the amount of investors whom which I deal with daily are all looking for ways to build their portfolios in real estate. That happens usually right before they walk next door and buy a new car after selling some buildings they've made good returns on.

I'm deep in the commercial real estate world out here in L.A., and no one has yet to convince me that there's a more proven way to build and preserve wealth. Guys, I sell buildings to people who started from absolutely $0, and found their way into this space. I know our parents and previous generations come from the school of work hard, save up. I can appreciate that mentality if your plans in life involve you being in a profession that offers stability only, but for those who know that there is a lot of risk involves with leveling up, I have to be the first to say keeping money in your bank account could be adverse to any goals of building wealth.

Money works for you, so finding an entry point to real estate has been why we've seen such a huge population of wealth has been created. I'm in the heart of it all here, and my day to day sees a minimum of 3 Aventadors and some Huracans driving by on Wilshire, along with an array of other makes and models in the super car world. Once you've seen 7 La Ferraris you just become used to them lol.

I would tell the OP to really think about a long term plan to find other opportunities to create passive income or investment vehicles, like I've touched on. Parlay the income and buy things that create more income. That's the proven formula, outside of going IPO on a major app or dev platform.

I hope you find your way, as the road looks daunting at first, but being a practicioner and having systems in place to make other avenues open up and work for you will get you very far in this life.

-D

Ask my Concubine what she has to do... ...

(she sucks dick.. and other stuff real well) it works out for her... she spends 7 figures a year and yes.. has had 2 lambos registered to her. Most all hot chicks with no gag reflex ... some daddy issues and the right "can do" attitude can get into a lambo.

OR

do this..... Pick one of the five things below:...

1 - Law

2 - Medicine

3 - RealEstate

4 - Finance

5 - Own your own business

then DO IT ... be the best at it. better than all the others.. work while others are not. Put off family and selfish desires till 35 years of age.. no drugs or alcohol... sleep 3-6 hours a night... surround yourself with winners. If you are the smartest person in then room ... LEAVE THE ROOM

stay away from Women; Destructive hobbies or unhealthy things and focus.... Don't break the law.. return phone calls and be nice to everyone. Be a good person.

you will wake up around 38 years old and ... under my model for success .. you will be a millionaire and able to do what you want.

Sacrifice .. be disciplined

and get to it .. select one of the five options .... now ... log off this "forum" and .,.... go!

(she sucks dick.. and other stuff real well) it works out for her... she spends 7 figures a year and yes.. has had 2 lambos registered to her. Most all hot chicks with no gag reflex ... some daddy issues and the right "can do" attitude can get into a lambo.

OR

1 - Law

2 - Medicine

3 - RealEstate

4 - Finance

then DO IT ... be the best at it. better than all the others.. work while others are not. Put off family and selfish desires till 35 years of age.. no drugs or alcohol... sleep 3-6 hours a night... surround yourself with winners. If you are the smartest person in then room ... LEAVE THE ROOM

stay away from Women; Destructive hobbies or unhealthy things and focus.... Don't break the law.. return phone calls and be nice to everyone. Be a good person.

you will wake up around 38 years old and ... under my model for success .. you will be a millionaire and able to do what you want.

and get to it .. select one of the five options .... now ... log off this "forum" and .,.... go!

Aside from the giving bj's this is great advice for a young man.

OR

1 - Law

2 - Medicine

3 - RealEstate

4 - Finance

I'm pulling a 20 hour day right now finishing a deadline...good post but a question - Don't you think that people settle as they age. The person you are by 35, especially if you didn't care for relationships - I just find it hard you'll be able to function well trying to maintain a healthy one. Also how are you going to work like a horse, forsake everything until later, yet put off "selfish desires". Are you talking as far as toy spending here or what's the context? Or are you talking not even taking vacations, or stepping up to a higher level but keeping everything low budget as you save up? I know some can/have done it but man you gotta reward yourself or what's the point of the same grind/same pictures for 10-15 years?

I'm pulling a 20 hour day right now finishing a deadline...good post but a question - Don't you think that people settle as they age. The person you are by 35, especially if you didn't care for relationships - I just find it hard you'll be able to function well trying to maintain a healthy one. Also how are you going to work like a horse, forsake everything until later, yet put off "selfish desires". Are you talking as far as toy spending here or what's the context? Or are you talking not even taking vacations, or stepping up to a higher level but keeping everything low budget as you save up? I know some can/have done it but man you gotta reward yourself or what's the point of the same grind/same pictures for 10-15 years?

It depends on who you are. This is a very good formula for success but not the ONLY way. I followed this formula so I know it works (if one were to consider me successful that is).

You have to define success yourself too. Some don't see the point of wasting youth to get $. That's not necessarily a wrong notion either. All Brian presented was a formula with a high percentage chance of working but as I said, it's not the only formula.

Also as far as relationships. fcuk bitches get money actually works. Chasing skirt takes a lot of energy but often if you stop trying it kind of works itself out.

This is always a topic among my circle of peers and friends. The debate is endless because we all come from different walks of life.

The real savvy and wealthy ones seem to steer me in the same direction. Never use your first loan to buy property for your primary home, unless it's a multi-unit property. Always buy income property in the beginning because you can always practice being a landlord and an owner at the same time, your goal to building up equity doubles essentially and then you're in a position to refi and do it again. After a few go-rounds with this, you're ready to take down the big apartment building.

On and on this goes until you have reached your own personal and financial goals. You just have to know truly what your own investment philosophy is. This is simply the most proven way to accumulate wealth. My office is next door to Ferrari here in Beverly Hills, and let me tell you, the amount of investors whom which I deal with daily are all looking for ways to build their portfolios in real estate. That happens usually right before they walk next door and buy a new car after selling some buildings they've made good returns on.

I'm deep in the commercial real estate world out here in L.A., and no one has yet to convince me that there's a more proven way to build and preserve wealth. Guys, I sell buildings to people who started from absolutely $0, and found their way into this space. I know our parents and previous generations come from the school of work hard, save up. I can appreciate that mentality if your plans in life involve you being in a profession that offers stability only, but for those who know that there is a lot of risk involves with leveling up, I have to be the first to say keeping money in your bank account could be adverse to any goals of building wealth.

Money works for you, so finding an entry point to real estate has been why we've seen such a huge population of wealth has been created. I'm in the heart of it all here, and my day to day sees a minimum of 3 Aventadors and some Huracans driving by on Wilshire, along with an array of other makes and models in the super car world. Once you've seen 7 La Ferraris you just become used to them lol.

I would tell the OP to really think about a long term plan to find other opportunities to create passive income or investment vehicles, like I've touched on. Parlay the income and buy things that create more income. That's the proven formula, outside of going IPO on a major app or dev platform.

I hope you find your way, as the road looks daunting at first, but being a practicioner and having systems in place to make other avenues open up and work for you will get you very far in this life.

-D

sorry to quote all of this, but would you mind if I picked your brain via pm? I've got a couple small apartment buildings that are worth twice what I bought them for and I've been wondering if I should leverage this. RE prices are so nuts in SoCal right now it didn't seem like a grand buying opportunity.

sorry to quote all of this, but would you mind if I picked your brain via pm? I've got a couple small apartment buildings that are worth twice what I bought them for and I've been wondering if I should leverage this. RE prices are so nuts in SoCal right now it didn't seem like a grand buying opportunity.

PM sent.

Well, firstly, you need to be ruthless and find a business where you can employ some form of wage enslavement. Employ people at very low and take most profit for yourself.

Secondly, as people have already mentioned on here, the current generation is obsessed with instant gratification and showing off. The explosion of advertising, MTV etc., and social media has been a gift for people to who want to make a lot of money of this approach to life based around consumerism. The trick is to hold back on being too showy yourself and get in on trying to convince others they need to buy a product to be happy, attractive and interesting people. This is a sort of form of consumer slavery. Make a product and convince people they need it and want to share to Instagram to show that that they are successfu etc., a product which will also become obsolete as you bring out new iterations of it is even better.

You can take some inspiration from Kanye West, whether or not he is doing this, he has grasped the way to make money.

If you can stomach it, this could see you on your way to spending five figures on a car. Good luck!

It depends on who you are. This is a very good formula for success but not the ONLY way. I followed this formula so I know it works (if one were to consider me successful that is).

You have to define success yourself too. Some don't see the point of wasting youth to get $. That's not necessarily a wrong notion either. All Brian presented was a formula with a high percentage chance of working but as I said, it's not the only formula.

Also as far as relationships. fcuk bitches get money actually works. Chasing skirt takes a lot of energy but often if you stop trying it kind of works itself out.

You always lose money chasing bitches, never lose bitches chasing money.

Nothing wrong with financing a car, short term and low interest rate and you can use the cash for investments with a greater return that the interest. My credit union will finance any auto at 1.99%.

Great 20 hour days for me meant driving a Buick skylark; no vacations.. saving to buy and build my business.

If you are in I.T. or some other business working for someone that's cool but my computer guys ... own a business and they have high end exotics and mansions.

With relationships and etc. what do I know I just did 19000 divorces in the last 20 years so I believe that a recipe for success for a man is NO love.. NO time sucking kid rearing bullshit... until you are 35. that's for me. I put business and my work far above the whole sunset walks ... dream weddings and proud father stuff. I sacrificed. that's kinda the definition of sacrifice.

"how are you going to work like a horse, forsake everything till later ...." I don't know... I JUST FUKING DID IT AND NOW IM NECK DEEP IN PUSSY AND LAMBOS ... AND IM RICH ... LOL"

I had no vacations; I am self made. I worked out of the basement of my modest home and rented to rooms in it to pay the mortgage. at 35 things got better. at 40 things got real good. I guess the guys who couldn't do it (sacrifice) have a different method than mine .. but mine workd. also some are so gifted in profitable areas of life they get rich earlier... some got lucky ... some got inheritance when their parents dies or ... But without grueling sacrifice I would never reach my current ridiculous level of balling.

"The other day I was driving a chrome lambo aventador across a few states in the Lambo Giro ... I have an Aventador SV delivered into Baltimore; and after I pounded the shyt ouy of my Nympho big titty blonde co driver... I decided to buy ANNOTHER AVENTADOR SV ..... A ROADSTER! "

I GIVE YOU MY FORMULA FOR SUCCESS ... (SEE ABOVE) FOR YOU I THINK ITS SACRIFICE AND OWNING YOUR OWN BUSINESS ...

What you do with this advice is entirely up to you. remember this little pep talk when you are around 45 and let me know where you landed in life. The formula for success I have outlined ..... WorkSpost-93516-1438638899_thumb.jpg

From the time I wanted a lambo until I got a Lambo was 27 years. Wake up early, work hard all day at whatever you do. Everything else comes first. When that is taken care of - only buy when you can pay cash. It is a toy, nothing else.

From the time I wanted a lambo until I got a Lambo was 27 years. Wake up early, work hard all day at whatever you do. Everything else comes first. When that is taken care of - only buy when you can pay cash. It is a toy, nothing else.

Amen.

+1

Great 20 hour days for me meant driving a Buick skylark; no vacations.. saving to buy and build my business.

If you are in I.T. or some other business working for someone that's cool but my computer guys ... own a business and they have high end exotics and mansions.

With relationships and etc. what do I know I just did 19000 divorces in the last 20 years so I believe that a recipe for success for a man is NO love.. NO time sucking kid rearing bullshit... until you are 35. that's for me. I put business and my work far above the whole sunset walks ... dream weddings and proud father stuff. I sacrificed. that's kinda the definition of sacrifice.

"how are you going to work like a horse, forsake everything till later ...." I don't know... I JUST FUKING DID IT AND NOW IM NECK DEEP IN PUSSY AND LAMBOS ... AND IM RICH ... LOL"

I had no vacations; I am self made. I worked out of the basement of my modest home and rented to rooms in it to pay the mortgage. at 35 things got better. at 40 things got real good. I guess the guys who couldn't do it (sacrifice) have a different method than mine .. but mine workd. also some are so gifted in profitable areas of life they get rich earlier... some got lucky ... some got inheritance when their parents dies or ... But without grueling sacrifice I would never reach my current ridiculous level of balling.

"The other day I was driving a chrome lambo aventador across a few states in the Lambo Giro ... I have an Aventador SV delivered into Baltimore; and after I pounded the shyt ouy of my Nympho big titty blonde co driver... I decided to buy ANNOTHER AVENTADOR SV ..... A ROADSTER! "

I GIVE YOU MY FORMULA FOR SUCCESS ... (SEE ABOVE) FOR YOU I THINK ITS SACRIFICE AND OWNING YOUR OWN BUSINESS ...

What you do with this advice is entirely up to you. remember this little pep talk when you are around 45 and let me know where you landed in life. The formula for success I have outlined ..... WorkSpost-93516-1438638899_thumb.jpg

:icon_super:

I think it comes down to personal preference for how much money you need. Personally I think no more than 20% of your net worth in toys is a good rule of thumb, but I'm sure someone here will say 10%, 5% or 1%. I think you need to balance it though. Life is short so enjoy it while you can, whether it's buying toys, traveling or some other hobby.

As someone who has owned several exotics and has done so at a young age it is by far more pleasurable to have a Lambo at 20 where you can actually enjoy it rather than waiting till youre 50.

You only live once, might as well get the most joy out of it while you can.

Everyone told me how dumb I was to buy it so young, and a years later I still love and enjoy it and it has gone up in value. All the other recommendations of buying a home, investments etc later turned out to be of far less joy than the cars have been, and Ive made more on the cars as well :)