458 Prices Going Down

RobberBaron

Hello everyone,

I was on eBay and a few other sites earlier just going through the exotic car market and was shocked to see some of the 458 prices. Correct me if I am wrong, but not too long ago I thought these were going for low $200,000.00s and now several 2010s (without any crazy milage) are going for $165,000.00 - $180,000.00. That seems like quite a jump from the low $200,000.00s from a few months ago. Is it the 488 coming out that is causing the depreciation, or the number of 458s produced? I am not interested in a 458, but couldn't help but notice their prices seem to really be dropping. If I had a Ferrari, (a reasonable one) it would be a 430 or Testarossa. The 458 is a great looking and driving car, but I have always liked how muscular the 430 looks and the Testarossa doesn't need to be explained. Anyway, I figured I would throw this up and see if others felt the same way about the prices, or if I am nuts.

Thank you,

RobberBaron

Link to a "cheap" one I saw (no affiliation with the car)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ferrari-458-Coupe-...em=361383542355

On a side note, I bet in a few years this white Scud will look like a steal at $225,000.00 (no affiliation with the car)

Link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ferrari-430-Scuder...em=161809683183

I imagine the coming 488 and 458 Speciale have let prices fall, 458 is no longer the latest and greatest thing. I'm not really knowledgeable enough to speak on the matter but do you know if 458 Spider prices have fallen as well?

A doctor i know locally bought one year before last I think for 285 maybe a 2013. But I'm sure he took a bath since he got rid of it a couple months ago. Ended up ordering an Arial Atom and a Tesla P85D lol. Seems like a crazy switch.

For the record...20K + mileage in a Ferrari is almost sacrilege top the Ferrari faithful.....So that mileage is reflected in the price...

Well good news for me then as I have wanted to try one out at some point! The 7 year warranty is a nice touch as well.

I think you meant 7 year service, not warranty

I think you meant 7 year service, not warranty

Should be noted you can renew Ferrari warranties every year for up to 12 years unlimited miles., including LaF, which is why the LaF will most likely appreciate much more severely than the P1 and 918.

I know the milage is more than some Ferrari's, but it isn't nuts like 50,000 miles or something like that. I just feel bad for all the 458 guys out there (speciale aside) that are losing, or are going to lose their hats on the 458s. The lease turn ins is something I didn't think of.

I'm not shocked. The 458 is the "base" Ferrari and as such its prices will go down. Especially higher mileage examples. As noted they have had effectively 4 new models come out since then with the spyder and the 2 speciales as well as the 488.

Oh I thought it was warranty? Service is free for 7 years?

Its a common misnomer so thats why I mentioned it. Unfortunately its just 7 years for service, which is still cool. You can still extend the warranty as ts640 mentioned, but its a bit pricey for the additional 4 years.

Its a common misnomer so thats why I mentioned it. Unfortunately its just 7 years for service, which is still cool. You can still extend the warranty as ts640 mentioned, but its a bit pricey for the additional 4 years.

Keep in mind that the 7 year inclusive maintenance was only on the 2012+ cars; the MY10 & 11s do not have the 7 year maintenance. However, that doesn't mean that you can't add the Power Cube warranty to the earlier cars.

I would have thought the 458 would keep some value since it is the last NA car Ferrari rolled out.

I don't believe it will any time soon, but I believe it won't take as long as the 308 Ferrari's did to shoot up in value. I think eventually people are going to realize that not every performance car should be turbocharged, just a hunch.

Isn't there some difference between the 2010 and 2011 458 cars that makes it more worthwhile to get the 2011? Can someone explain the model year differences between 2010 and 2011, and 2011 to 2012?

Should be noted you can renew Ferrari warranties every year for up to 12 years unlimited miles., including LaF, which is why the LaF will most likely appreciate much more severely than the P1 and 918.

why? Porsche have the same thing for 10 years do they not? I'm sure they would also allow it on the 918

why? Porsche have the same thing for 10 years do they not? I'm sure they would also allow it on the 918

They don't here, in the USA.