TI - Fall 2015

UR 55

Oufan has made it to the finals twice. When he makes it there again he will have some dope on top of an already fast platform. Bello has taken his platform and put it on a 996. As of last Sunday the car is mechanically done and they are buttoning up cosmetics. Gus from Lethal Performance has a powerglide equipped Plastic mess-06 and just ran a 8.1x at 184 in the quarter last weekend (mid boost with a 1.4x sixty) and its expected to be the fastest POS at TI ever. The list goes on and on with the other GTR, Viper, Lambro, and Porsche outfits.

The field is strong and has a good mix from all platforms. That competition is what pushes the competing shops to innovate and develop new technology. Best example of that is UR. Compare Justin's TT Hurcan to SW's TTSL from mere 5 years ago and you will be shocked at what they have accomplished. So, I think you will see shops unveiling trick setups again.

In the FB TSS Drivers Group (closed to non-drivers) there is a KOTS winners pot going. They got it up to $9k right now. The 175 Trap Attack has a similar pot going as well but the buy in isn't as steep. If the drivers make good on their buy in, that will ramp up the excitement more.

Hi speed syndicate,

Congrats on the event. This promises as usual to be an epic event.

Forgive my ignorance, but is there a class for street vehicles that are street legal and fully compliant vehicles that prior to being driven on the track would pass inspection by the relevant authority?

I realise these street legal vehicles would not achieve the performance of some of the cars that are competing for the KOTS.

The top cars sound to me like they are turning the event into a half mile drag strip, which is not a bad thing as the competition between tuners cars leads to more sophisticated engineering improvements.

cheers,

john

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi speed syndicate,

Forgive my ignorance, but is there a class for street vehicles that are street legal and fully compliant vehicles that prior to being driven on the track would pass inspection by the relevant authority?

cheers,

john

I'm not positive, but I think 99% of the cars entered are titled and registered street legal vehicles. Granted this varies by state of origin, but I don't know of any Vipers or Lambos which aren't street driven, not sure about the godzilla crowd.

Thanks to the tuning technology a lot of insanely fast cars can be very comfortably driven on the street, pass OBDII, etc.

Hi speed syndicate,

I realise these street legal vehicles would not achieve the performance of some of the cars that are competing for the KOTS.

The top cars sound to me like they are turning the event into a half mile drag strip, which is not a bad thing as the competition between tuners cars leads to more sophisticated engineering improvements.

cheers,

john

I'm not positive, but I think 99% of the cars entered are titled and registered street legal vehicles. Granted this varies by state of origin, but I don't know of any Vipers or Lambos which aren't street driven, not sure about the godzilla crowd.

Thanks to the tuning technology a lot of insanely fast cars can be very comfortably driven on the street, pass OBDII, etc.

The top cars are street legal in every sense of the word

all cars are street legal, that is a pre-requisite to compete at the event.

almost if not all cars in KOTS are street driven. I know all the UGR Lambos are true street cars including mine.

John, I think you need go to the event once so you understand what it truly is. Reading the internet about it has made you form a opinion that just isn't true. BTW the race distance is roughly 1500 feet......far from a half mile (2640 feet).

Mullet

Quick clip to get us spooled up for October! Turn up the volume. Video from Dale Zavala.

Super excited about the event this fall! Will there be any kind of streaming or live updates from the field?

If not, relentless refreshing on here, gtr-life, fb, and IG is ok too. :icon_mrgreen:

almost if not all cars in KOTS are street driven. I know all the UGR Lambos are true street cars including mine.

John, I think you need go to the event once so you understand what it truly is. Reading the internet about it has made you form a opinion that just isn't true. BTW the race distance is roughly 1500 feet......far from a half mile (2640 feet).

Mullet

Hi Mullet,

thanks for the reply.

I would love to attend a TI, if only as a spectator, in my lowly stage 3, but travel plans mean I will be in the Houston/Dallas area end first week November so will miss TI:(

'Guilty as charged your honour' from forming opinions from the internet.

Knowing the race distance at TI is only 1500 ft (457 metres) makes the speeds that the top cars like yours achieve, is even more impressive!!

Over here in Oz we compete at standing start 1000 metres, and the top street legal GTR holds record at an embarrassing lowly 202 mph.

It will be interesting to see if my LP 560 UGR stage3 w/race heads in race mode can put up a fight with the GTR's here:)

A great event and everyone stay safe:)

cheers,

john

ps all this TI talk reminds me that "the road to horsepower is paved with dollars!" lol

Hi Mullet,

thanks for the reply.

I would love to attend a TI, if only as a spectator, in my lowly stage 3, but travel plans mean I will be in the Houston/Dallas area end first week November so will miss TI:(

'Guilty as charged your honour' from forming opinions from the internet.

Knowing the race distance at TI is only 1500 ft (457 metres) makes the speeds that the top cars like yours achieve, is even more impressive!!

Over here in Oz we compete at standing start 1000 metres, and the top street legal GTR holds record at an embarrassing lowly 202 mph.

It will be interesting to see if my LP 560 UGR stage3 w/race heads in race mode can put up a fight with the GTR's here:)

A great event and everyone stay safe:)

cheers,

john

ps all this TI talk reminds me that "the road to horsepower is paved with dollars!" lol

I'm not sure your stage 3 on racegas will get to 202 in 1000 meters. Curious to see what it will do.......Kevin probably knows what it will do in little over a half mile.

So true on the road to horsepower.....this makes it all worthwhile.........

D8308413-3645-499F-812B-5F612271249B_zps0atnp3kn.png

I think Mullet hit the nail on the head.....street driven and street legal are two totally different things. No catalytic converters and no emissions equipment hardly make a car street legal, but the $150 we all "allegedly" pay for an inspection sticker says we are street legal. All of these cars are capable of driving on the street in normal conditions, and many of them do.

Peter

..........i doubt any of the cars are used on the street.. why that guy standing on car...........??

You're delusional.

Because mullet.

I'm not sure your stage 3 on racegas will get to 202 in 1000 meters. Curious to see what it will do.......Kevin probably knows what it will do in little over a half mile.

So true on the road to horsepower.....this makes it all worthwhile.........

D8308413-3645-499F-812B-5F612271249B_zps0atnp3kn.png

Hi Mullet,

I love the exuberance of the photo of you standing on the roof of your UGR 6 speed Gallardo :)

Going on what mike-svo shop- ran at recent WGF Heavens Landing standing start half mile (880 yards)- 195 mph, our 0-1000 metre runs are 1093 yards, so I have an extra 213 yards to try and reach 200mph.

I believe that my lowly stage 3 with race heads will be running same whp set up as mikes, but as an e-gear will be running UGR's corsa quick shift and brake boost for roll-ons.

Fingers crossed that I can achieve 200 mph and spread the UGR reputation as I believe my LP560 TT will be the first UGR car in Australia. :)

I can't see me - famous last words- going to a 2R as I want to use my car as a daily driver and long distance cruiser, cruising back and forth across Australia driving to competitions etc.

However, never say never on future upgrades:)

cheers,

john

Hi Mullet,

I love the exuberance of the photo of you standing on the roof of your UGR 6 speed Gallardo :)

Going on what mike-svo shop- ran at recent WGF Heavens Landing standing start half mile (880 yards)- 195 mph, our 0-1000 metre runs are 1093 yards, so I have an extra 213 yards to try and reach 200mph.

I believe that my lowly stage 3 with race heads will be running same whp set up as mikes, but as an e-gear will be running UGR's corsa quick shift and brake boost for roll-ons.

Fingers crossed that I can achieve 200 mph and spread the UGR reputation as I believe my LP560 TT will be the first UGR car in Australia. :)

I can't see me - famous last words- going to a 2R as I want to use my car as a daily driver and long distance cruiser, cruising back and forth across Australia driving to competitions etc.

However, never say never on future upgrades:)

cheers,

john

Mike's Stage 3, ran roughly 195 mph ... At altitude ...

Peter's 2011 570 Stage 3 ran 197 mph ... Oct 2013 at Houston 1/2 mile ...

Soooo ... Given another 210+ yards over and above the 1/2 mile ... Can a Stage 3 pick up another 3+ mph???

At 200 mph ... You travel roughly a football field (100 yards) per second ...

The question is ... Is a Stage 3 capable of accelerating at 2 mph per second ...

Once it's already traveling 197 mph ... Translation, it's going to be close ...

Regarding future upgrades ... Let's look at the evidence ...

You now have a bolt-on ... That's soon to be a Stage 3 ...

We've all seen this movie before ... I'm afraid you're hooked my friend ...

There's definitely a R Version in your future ... Especially, if your Stage 3 only runs 199 mph ...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! ... You're going to love it ...

Mike's Stage 3, ran roughly 195 mph ... At altitude ...

Peter's 2011 570 Stage 3 ran 197 mph ... Oct 2013 at Houston 1/2 mile ...

Soooo ... Given another 210+ yards over and above the 1/2 mile ... Can a Stage 3 pick up another 3+ mph???

At 200 mph ... You travel roughly a football field (100 yards) per second ...

The question is ... Is a Stage 3 capable of accelerating at 2 mph per second ...

Once it's already traveling 197 mph ... Translation, it's going to be close ...

Regarding future upgrades ... Let's look at the evidence ...

You now have a bolt-on ... That's soon to be a Stage 3 ...

We've all seen this movie before ... I'm afraid you're hooked my friend ...

There's definitely a R Version in your future ... Especially, if your Stage 3 only runs 199 mph ...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! ... You're going to love it ...

The way the that car is built, the car hits max boost in the 3-6 gears. Also, having an E-gear, you do not need to lift to shift letting the boost go back down at all.

I truthfully think that if I was in Ocala, or somewhere at sea level etc... I would have gained a few more MPH.

In an E-gear car, and having the extra space that you do, I would be surprised if you do not hit 200 MPH.

Mike

The way the that car is built, the car hits max boost in the 3-6 gears. Also, having an E-gear, you do not need to lift to shift letting the boost go back down at all.

I truthfully think that if I was in Ocala, or somewhere at sea level etc... I would have gained a few more MPH.

In an E-gear car, and having the extra space that you do, I would be surprised if you do not hit 200 MPH.

Mike

Peter's car was a 570 (lighter than the 560), with e-gear, and UGR Quick Shift ...

The elevation at Houston is about 40 ft (I think) ...

So if John is at 197 mph at the 1/2 mile marker (just like Peter) ...

He'll get "about" 3 more seconds of acceleration, after the 1/2 mile marker ...

Will the car add an additional 3 mph in 3 seconds??? ... Gonna be close ...

Peter's car was a 570 (lighter than the 560), with e-gear, and UGR Quick Shift ...

The elevation at Houston is about 40 ft (I think) ...

So if John is at 197 mph at the 1/2 mile marker (just like Peter) ...

He'll get "about" 3 more seconds of acceleration, after the 1/2 mile marker ...

Will the car add an additional 3 mph in 3 seconds??? ... Gonna be close ...

Didn't Ross' Stage 3 hit 208 in Oregon a couple weeks ago?

Didn't Ross' Stage 3 hit 208 in Oregon a couple weeks ago?

You are correct ...

Kevin from UGR referred to Ross's car as a "Stage 3+" ... Perhaps this is why:

"Huge thanks to Ross for for choosing Underground Racing to Twin Turbo his LP 570. This TT Gallardo is a Stage 3 with Race Heads and a fully built engine. This setup also made 1150 whp on 93 octane Pump Gas. Other options include Billet Helix final drive gears, Billet mid-plate, level 2 ceramic clutch, Corsa auto quick-shift and as always the JRR MoTeC ECU plug and play setup with boost by gear. We added the custom coated green CCB brakes and coated the wheels satin black. For safety we added our custom 4 point roll bar with safety harnesses and a full fire system."

Given the billet components in the drive train, along with the level 2 clutch ...

That likely indicates ...

Unlike a "normal Stage 3", where UGR stops the power at 1250 whp ...

I'm guessing Ross's car makes significantly more power than 1250 whp ...

Which is what I believe is the reason for the 208 mph pass ...

If you need more evidence ... At the Oct 2013 event where Peter's Stage 3 went 197 mph ...

Mullet's R Version went 208.5 mph ...

Conclusion ... Ross has a "very special" Stage 3 ...

I think he will crack 200 given it's longer than 1/2 mile.

whole lotta bench racin' going on up in here.

I confess ...

I'm home this week ... Recovering, from having my Prostate removed, due to Prostate Cancer ...

Which means I have waaaay too much time on my hands ...

I confess ...

I'm home this week ... Recovering, from having my Prostate removed, due to Prostate Cancer ...

Which means I have waaaay too much time on my hands ...

sorry to hear. Go take a couple pain pills. lol

I think he will crack 200 given it's longer than 1/2 mile.

whole lotta bench racin' going on up in here.

The safest form, but not reality :)

Whatever the car is going to do it will do.

I hope it doesn't encourage me to go 2R :)

cheers,

john