Jarreth won't be walking around the labyrinth tomorrow.

Copper

You used a thread smile and posted a repost. RD is going to find you. ;)

He'll have to buy a plane ticket first. ;)

Somehow, I always thought he was older.

His music isn't to everyone's taste but he was an innovator for sure; rightly or wrongly, never failed to surprise and amaze. And definitely not bad at all for a half-a-century career span. His movies aren't bad either.

R.I.P. Thin White Duke.

Ok, perhaps this may be my age showing. But why is this such a big deal ( I'm not making light of a person's passing), seems like it's dominating every media outlet today. Yet I can't remember the last time I even heard his name.

Surely the playboy mansion being up for sale would be bigger entertainment news than this?

Ok, perhaps this may be my age showing. But why is this such a big deal ( I'm not making light of a person's passing), seems like it's dominating every media outlet today. Yet I can't remember the last time I even heard his name.

Surely the playboy mansion being up for sale would be bigger entertainment news than this?

I am not the biggest fan, I inderstand the talent and the appeal. However, take a look at the pop singers today, who has the ability to reinvent themself and still be around three decades later?

When you see lady Gaga change her look, she got that from Madonna who got it from... Bowie.

i would have to disagree.

As i say. It must be an age thing. It wasn't until 5 minutes ago i realised i didn't even know who this guy was. I have been picturing Cliff Richard the whole time I've been reading the headlines.

As i say. It must be an age thing. It wasn't until 5 minutes ago i realised i didn't even know who this guy was. I have been picturing Cliff Richard the whole time I've been reading the headlines.

How old are you? The guys career has spanned what, four almost five decades over how many different mediums?

Maybe I'm old?

How old are you? The guys career has spanned what, four almost five decades over how many different mediums?

Maybe I'm old?

Im 36 so basically anything 80's is intentionally forgotten by me (thats the only thing i associate his name with and a decade best left forgotten in my mind), and my taste in music completely avoids anything of the commercial pop or rock genre's. So unless he has done a collaboration with 50 cent or Armin Van Buuren im not likely to have heard his name since the afforementioned 80's

Im not taking anything away from the family's loss but when i heard the name it seemed about as relevant as say the passing of Boy George or Cindy Lauper. I thought he was a long forgotten celebrity who was not so much still in the cultural zeitgeist. So to see countless news stories and forum posts had me a little flummoxed.

Its still sad when anyone passes though.

Im not a fan but just read through this...guy's a legend. http://m.imdb.com/name/nm0000309/trivia?ref_=m_nm_dyk_trv

Absolute legend, HUGELY influential, hence the coverage. I have a lot great memories where Bowie was playing in the background.

Hunky Dory is one my of favourite albums.

RIP.

Time will be taking a cigarette tonight.

Im 36 so basically anything 80's is intentionally forgotten by me (thats the only thing i associate his name with and a decade best left forgotten in my mind), and my taste in music completely avoids anything of the commercial pop or rock genre's. So unless he has done a collaboration with 50 cent or Armin Van Buuren im not likely to have heard his name since the afforementioned 80's

Im not taking anything away from the family's loss but when i heard the name it seemed about as relevant as say the passing of Boy George or Cindy Lauper. I thought he was a long forgotten celebrity who was not so much still in the cultural zeitgeist. So to see countless news stories and forum posts had me a little flummoxed.

Its still sad when anyone passes though.

Not so much "still" in the cultural zeitgeist? He IS the cultural zeitgeist.

I'm 27.

RIP