Cause of revving fires?

robiferretti

I don't care how douchey it is, you should be able to rev the car without it catching fire.

Owner modifies - they got exactly what they asked for.

A fire breathing dragon at WOT no air movement - badge earned.

I don't care how douchey it is, you should be able to rev the car without it catching fire.

Agree completely. And there is something fundamentally cool about making exhaust flames. It can certainly be douchey in the wrong context but hot damn if it not a special aspect of the car.

No, not that I've personally seen or experienced.

In 2012 I was the first to throw flames off a stock aventador ... May 2012 in Canada ... after driving 12 hours straight (1000 miles or more) in HEAT in summer a rev produced the wildes blue flames... millions of utube people were happy. there is much more to the story but .. not tonight

I almost got out of the Gumball3000 that night.. whole car shut down... light up like a Christmas tree...

next day it was fine..

I went on to Cali and then became the first person to drive an aventador coast to coast in the usa...

that was at least 9 chross country trips ago.

no real flames siunce then... and that day was a perfect storm of heat and not many do 1000 miles in a day in an aventador (just did that again 2 days ago in FLA)

interestingly enough the Dubia fire seems to be a "fake wing" car... have you seen how these huge ass fake wings interfear with the regular wing coming up? in my aventador 2012 and 2014 the wing poped up all the times when the exhaust is piping hot.

I love wings but fake ones freak me out .. when you are following a guy doing 180-200 and he has a fake wing I keep thinking... wonder who put that on... bet its not "wind tunnel tested" .. what happens if it flies off.

Dayona next weekend !! gn

and I have the video of my flames but I can never put videos on this forum

post-93516-1453698423_thumb.jpg

post-93516-1453698444.jpg

So it's confirmed it hasn't happened to any stock cars? Still seem like a terrible design.

You don't need any more confirmation when every video of one catching fire is showing a car that is shooting big flames which DOES NOT happen in a stock exhaust system. No stock Murci or Aventador shoots 6 foot flames stock :)

Pretty sure these cars are stock, with just software upgrade, hire cars came via the same dealer I use, idiots need shooting themselves but if you rev them enough they shoot flames. about 2.20

Ridiculous you cant give a car a blip without a chance of catching fire, so whats the difference between the lambo race exhaust and aftermarket, if its not decat? assume it may still have secondary cats in the muffler but maybe not. Exhaust is a sealed unit, sounds like a poor design exacerbated by muppets. The one in London that caught fire only had a muffler (quicksilver) believe he now changed to the factory race exhaust as they told him they will warranty any issues, as in if it catches fire with their one.

Pretty sure these cars are stock, with just software upgrade, hire cars came via the same dealer I use, idiots need shooting themselves but if you rev them enough they shoot flames. about 2.20

Ridiculous you cant give a car a blip without a chance of catching fire, so whats the difference between the lambo race exhaust and aftermarket, if its not decat? assume it may still have secondary cats in the muffler but maybe not. Exhaust is a sealed unit, sounds like a poor design exacerbated by muppets. The one in London that caught fire only had a muffler (quicksilver) believe he now changed to the factory race exhaust as they told him they will warranty any issues, as in if it catches fire with their one.

Based on what are you saying "pretty sure these cars are stock?" unless you know the cars personally or looked? I have driven many Aventadors that were stock and you may see a tiny blue flame under load but they dont shoot flames 4 foot out when stock. You do realize that the reason the flame exists is because there is unburned gas in the exhaust that catches on fire. And that is why catalytic converters exist. This is why if a car is running pig rich, you will ruin the cats. So if cats were in place in car there would be no 4-6" flames coming out. The factory face exhaust still retains cats they are just high flow.

i've never shot flames and i don't plan to. im usually driving so I wouldn't see it anyways.

but....seeing videos of other peoples aventadors shooting flames is pretty awesome imho. fire coming out of anything that looks fast really.

• 2 weeks later...

It's a weird thing that Lamborghini owners do. I can't tell you how many people change the exhaust for flames and sound, it's a very high priority on a Lamborghini owners reason to do an exhaust. Wheels and exhaust are the major modifications. I have NEVER had an Aventador owner make the power and torque the main influence in his exhaust purchase. Aventador owners don't really care that much about power, all they really want is to drive around local roads revving the engine and shooting flames. That's ok, I have no problem with that. If that's what you all want, that's fine with me.

Now, this is where it gets really stupid. "Lamborghinis go on fire because the owner was driving around revving his engine". That's probably not the actual truth. It should read- "Lamborghini goes on fire because owner was dumb enough to spend lot's of money on a piece of crap exhaust because owner doesn't know better".

The real truth here is that if you spent $13,000+ on those Quicksilver pipes, $4000+ on the Fabspeed pipes, $4000+ on the Agency Power pipes, $8000+ on the LNB pipes or any of these types of exhaust systems you are an idiot!!!! Come on people, do you think that there is any difference between the pipes used to make a Lamborghini exhaust and the pipes used to make any other car exhaust. Now you are going to take out your muffler and maybe your cats and you are going to swap in some straight pipes with nothing else. OK, I'm not going to tell you that you are dumb for doing it but you are an idiot if you spent the money like any of these systems cost that I just named. YOU ARE GETTING RIPPED OFF!!!! Buy an exhaust like an Akrapovic or something if you are going to spend that kind of money, stop being so damn stupid.

I'm not telling you to not modify your car but I am asking you to stop installing parts that are so inferior you may cause your car to burn to the ground. Just because you spent a lot of money on something does not mean that it is good.

It's unfortunate to see how many people in these cars get ripped off so badly. If your gonna spend your money on something, buy something good. STOP BEING STUPID PEOPLE!!!!!

I have tested many of these exhaust systems and believe me when I tell you that the manufacturer does not want you putting your car on the dyno before and after the install. Fortunately, they manufacturer does not really have to worry about that because most of you don't really care, you just want bigger flames. Well, don't bitch and moan when your car burns to the ground.

If you want some advice on what you should be getting for your money please feel free to send me a PM if you have any questions.

I like his approach, pretty much calling idiot and dumb every Aventador owner who opted for an aftermarket exhaust which isn't Acrapovic and who didn't get advise from aftermarket exhaust guru CPais :lol2:

I like his approach, pretty much calling idiot and dumb every Aventador owner who opted for an aftermarket exhaust which isn't Acrapovic and who didn't get advise from aftermarket exhaust guru CPais :lol2:

I'm no exhaust guru and I don't even work on Lambos but I have seen about a half dozen that went on the dyno before and after and not one of them made more horsepower with straight pipe style exhaust but the customers didn't seem to care as all they were interested was waiting to get a shot of the flames coming out of the exhaust on the dyno.

So I'm just saying that it is dumb to spend a ridiculous amount of money on a set of straight pipes for this car that do not work, are not engineered in any way other than to empty your wallet and can possibly cause you to catch your car on fire.

It's probably only a matter of time before the insurance company denies a claim because something was changed that caused the fire that was not a Lamborghini part. Then it would be a real problem for the owner.

So to get back to what I was saying, I think it is pretty dumb.

I'd like to clarify few things, I don't like modding my cars, I've only ever changed my exhaust on Lambos twice and I regretted it at least once mainly because it changed the character of the car, I've never dynoed the cars because I never thought I needed more HP, having said that I don't think it's anyone's business how one decides to spend his/her money and on what, certainly they shouldn't be called dumb for it.

I am pretty sure a very large percentage of car owners out there irrespective of the make change their exhausts for sound alone, some of the aftermarket systems lose power and people don't seem to care because the only thing they want is the extra noise, who cares? It's their money if they get the thrills they are after that's all that matters, look at the upside, it seems you've spotted a fantastic business opportunity, selling products which don't need to perform as advertised :icon_thumleft:

Aventador owners don't really care that much about power, all they really want is to drive around local roads revving the engine and shooting flames.

That's ok, I have no problem with that.

Now, this is where it gets really stupid. "Lamborghini goes on fire because owner was dumb enough to spend lot's of money on a piece of crap exhaust because owner doesn't know better".

The real truth here is that if you spent $13,000+ on those Quicksilver pipes, $4000+ on the Fabspeed pipes, $4000+ on the Agency Power pipes, $8000+ on the LNB pipes or any of these types of exhaust systems you are an idiot!!!!

OK, I'm not going to tell you that you are dumb for doing it but you are an idiot if you spent the money like any of these systems cost that I just named. YOU ARE GETTING RIPPED OFF!!!! Buy an exhaust like an Akrapovic or something if you are going to spend that kind of money, stop being so damn stupid.

It's unfortunate to see how many people in these cars get ripped off so badly. If your gonna spend your money on something, buy something good. STOP BEING STUPID PEOPLE!!!!!

I have tested many of these exhaust systems and believe me when I tell you that the manufacturer does not want you putting your car on the dyno before and after the install.

If you want some advice on what you should be getting for your money please feel free to send me a PM if you have any questions.

So I'm just saying that it is dumb to spend a ridiculous amount of money on a set of straight pipes for this car that do not work, are not engineered in any way other than to empty your wallet and can possibly cause you to catch your car on fire.

So to get back to what I was saying, I think it is pretty dumb.

For someone who claims he has no problem with what others are doing and claims he is not telling the owners that they are dumb, he sure said a mouthful about them being "idiots", "dumb" & "stupid". And in case they are not sure, please PM him so he can further tell them just how stupid they are.

CPais, did some Lambo owner with modded exhaust ticked you off in the past or something? :icon_rolleyes: And FYI, I don't mod my exhaust and have zero intention to do so. I don't condone modding the exhaust to shoot flames either but it's their cars, their money, so it's their gains and/or losses. Anyone who can drop 6-figures on what is essentially a toy likely won't have much concern about a 4-figures exhaust.